How's your day?

Well done indeed Lizzie. A charity that helps us all in some way or other. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Cancer Research is my preferred charity, has been since my lovely Mum had it 30 years ago.  I have so many clothes that are too big for me now, no point in hanging onto them, I lost a stone in weight 3 years ago and no matter how hard I’ve tried I’ve not put an ounce back on, despite eating Brew’s chips ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Galaxy choccy Lizzie. Treat yourself for Easter !

Re. last nights post about weather.  we survived another one.  Over 2 inches of rain.  Some places got five inches with flash flooding.  Couple of rumbles of thunder.  Couple of tornado warnings, but we didn't see any. So we're still here for now.  A few days of quiet weather ahead.

Glad to hear it Loppy!

Grass cut front and back then spent some time digging up Creeping Violets and Welsh Poppies.  I brought both into my garden and have spent years since trying to get rid of the s**s. 

Then No.2 daughter called saying she couldn't get my DSLR camera to work.  I loaned it to her a while back to do shots of her  fashion brand.  So, just as we were about to have dinner, I ended up driving to Manchester to try to show her how to use the camera.  Trouble is she just doesn't have enough understanding to be messing about with a DSLR, other than on full auto setting.  And she doesn't like the quality of the pics it takes anyway. She has a 'semi-pro' shoot tomorrow, with models etc.  She's trying so hard and is a talented designer. Wish I had the cash to back her, but I don't.

• Like 1

Yesterday our fridge was looking pretty bare.

Mrs Col went out and bought a load of shopping including a fair bit of frozen stuff, whole cooked chicken, lump of lamb, cold meats, pork pies etc.

While she was out I decided to have a magnum.. it was thawed.  Turns out the fridge freezer has died.  Just when we've bought a load of food, the milkman has left 4 days supply of milk and everywhere is closed due to an outbreak of mass religious apathy involving the vast majority of the country having a couple of days off in order to ignore Easter.

Brilliant..

No point sending you this chocolate egg then if you've nowhere to keep it, so I'll just hang on to it.       :victory:

• Like 1

I don't need any more food thanks Phil.

We've farmed a load out to neighbours.. but the waste and incovenience is still very annoying.

Nope.  It's a Samsung probably ten years old.  It failed shortly after purchase and was fixed by Samsung.  Been fine since but only the fan is running, the compressor isn't. I'm for getting a new one.. 'Er Indoors who hates change, thinks we should try to get it fixed.. which will take until at least Tuesday even if it's an economic proposition... which I doubt.

Usually one of two things fail in fridges, thermostat or starter capacitor, more modern units also have a small electronic board, but at ten years old, I'd go for the cap, ten minutes to change out, most of that is removing and replacing covers. The cap will knock you back around 10 to 15 quid or less. It's not a difficult job and you don't need a serviceman, usually a plug in, or one with two leads.

I keep spares for my well pump, been caught out before, and not much fun when you don't have water.

My freezer is over 20 years old, plenty of life in it and need to order a new starter cap for it, just in case, at over 20 yrs of continuous service, the cap has to be running on hope by now.

You can do a web search for your model and locate the part number real easy, many on line sites to choose from and most will expedite delivery.

Just opened my Celebrations Easter Egg, and grabbed the Galaxy ones immediately !

I got a Mars bar egg, not opened it yet but the box states there are two FULL SIZE Mars bars in there.  Full size nowadays are not the same as full-size when I was a kid.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Never mind Lizzie, it'll probably put a few ounces on you ! 

Isn't it annoying when somethings " goes" when all the shops are closed over the festivities. A few years ago in a short space of time the fridge went, the oven went, the freezer followed and to top it all the washing machine, not to mention a couple of heaters. Mad scramble to get all the frozen goods taken care of.

I find things let me down at the wrong moment, ie, oven igniter went out just when I was ready to do dinner, washing machine when the wife filled it with water and clothes. I now keep three sets of ratchet pawls for that one, might just order a spare igniter for the oven...LOL

Today I have mostly been sulking. We had a 'little man round to clean the gutters awhile ago and he managed to move a join and it now leaks down the wall in the middle of the run.

Grumble grumble grumble but not really a problem as the join is over the kitchen extension and if I stand on  the roof I can reach it - easy peasy...  Except the way I access the roof (make that used to access the roof) is out of a small bedroom window and today I managed to get myself stuck half way. Herself was not impressed to find me stuck on the window cill cursing fit to burst and to add insult to injury I've twisted my back in the process. I'm almost positive my legs bent much further than they do now...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems to me it's the starter relay on the compressor, or some of the associated electronics.. but I really can't be bothered faffiing.

6 hours ago, Brew said:

Today I have mostly been sulking. We had a 'little man round to clean the gutters awhile ago and he managed to move a join and it now leaks down the wall in the middle of the run.

Grumble grumble grumble but not really a problem as the join is over the kitchen extension and if I stand on  the roof I can reach it - easy peasy...  Except the way I access the roof (make that used to access the roof) is out of a small bedroom window and today I managed to get myself stuck half way. Herself was not impressed to find me stuck on the window cill cursing fit to burst and to add insult to injury I've twisted my back in the process. I'm almost positive my legs bent much further than they do now...

Sounds like a scene from a TV comedy!   Were you stuck outside the window or inside?   Seriously though, I'm sorry about your twisted back - hope it will feel better soon.  

4 hours ago, MargieH said:

Were you stuck outside the window or inside?

Top half outside hands on the tiles for support (the roof slopes down) and bum in the air on the inside knees on the cill.

I was eyeing the gutter from the patio about an hour ago but got the 'dead eye' and a "don't even think about it"