• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 minute ago, nonnaB said:

Didn't you take a selfie?

Ooooo nonnaB you can be sooo cruel at times....    I comes here to share me tales of woe and wot do i get? wot do i get i arsk yer?  Symphony? nah, emmpfermy  nah.... request fer a bloomin selfie is wot i gets.

I'm going to do some more sulking nah...

Ahrrrrr Brew Sorry sorry sorry. I do hope you didn't fall off or get any bruises or even anything. I don't like all my friends here hurting themselves.imsorry

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Well did you take one or not

Rog

Plantfit he's feeling sensitive at the moment so don't upset him even more than I did

• Like 2

While the weather’s been beautiful the washing machine has been on overtime and today is no exception,  I’m washing things I didn’t even remember we had and at the same time I’m chucking stuff out, already been to the charity shop and now filling the bin.  Must mention one important point ....... we’re having a water meter fitted on Wednesday, may as well make use of the water before we get metered!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

With the rainfall being almost nil in the last month, the water level in my stream and pond has decreased considerably, showing beautiful green moss on my waterfall. On returning home from a trip out this morning, it's been removed by magpies and blackbirds in their quest for insects. I'm certain it's not for nest building at this late stage in spring. 

I don't mind, but it's a hands and knees job now, picking all the bits of discarded moss from the stream, as it tends to grow amongst the pebbles and clog things up. Mmmmm, a job for Mrs Fly !

Streams, ponds, waterfalls ...all penalties of living in a country mansion - you'll be complaining about the water level in the moat next!  ;)

• Like 2

I'll just reduce the amount for the staff ! 

Are you still allowed to have the staff flogged, I always liked to say "I give you your freedom" when we had staff but that wasn't very often

Rog

Life is good. Put another 9 hour shift into rebuilding my grandson's garden. Now has 8 veggie plots and a patio. Only spuds and broad beans planted so far. Completed my 7 y/o great granddaughters plot today and tomorrow we will plant a few chitted spuds and some shallots. I will also erect an archway for her to grow sweet peas over. The archway will face the proposed play house. Knackered at 6.15 and poured a splendid litre of 6 y/o vintage cider - whoooo. Yes, life is good :biggrin:

• Like 3

Gardening, planting, arches, cider....................  I'll just go straight to the end result......................... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz G'nite all

• Like 3

Just watched Question Time from Nottingham.

Irrespective of the views on any side..I don't think it portrayed our city in a good light.

Not been out all week,,until this morning......Big Toe been killing me (ingrower) finally went to Doctors this morning,,rang them and booked me straight in,,no problem i was amazed........Anyway now got 'Anti-biotics'' for it..........

Then went for my Bulwell breakfast,,,bumped into a chap from my Bulwell Marsdens days (1961),,,then another from my days behind the bar at the BRSA Bulwell 1963.............had nice chat and catch up with both,.........Marsdens man mentioned 'Tub Butter''.........and BRSA man 'Brown and mild''......then went to ''Geezers'' for a number one cut,,by the lovely ladies.......asked for a Tony Curtis....it fell on 'Stoney ground''..........

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Last time I had an ingrowing toenail I performed the surgery on myself. Quite a lot of blood was spilt but the problem was cured. I doubt I have the flexibility to do a diy job now as I’m no longer able to assume the lotus position. At one time, as a party trick, I could put a leg round the back of my neck. I broke wind the last time I tried that though -  much to the amusement of the dinner party guests!

• Like 2

I have suffered with ingrowers a few years now,,,i also performed my own Surgery Phil when i first had them,,,bleddy awful made them a lot worse,,and since then have used a Lady Chiropodist every few weeks,,,

I can still assume the Lotus position.......but with my shaky' hand think i'd still make a mess of my Toes,,,,

Is there any partucular part of you that requires the attentions of the yoga lady Phil

Rog

• Like 1

My right hip actually Rog! I was sent for an x-ray and after 8 weeks the surgery confirmed I had arthritis. I could have told them that! They suggested physio initially and the physiotherapist ‘phoned me and then emailed me a list of excercises. That was three months ago and I’ve heard nothing more so far. I suppose the ball’s in my court to go on the 19 week waiting list for a ‘transplant’. 

• Like 1

I have same problem in the same hip, Phil.  It was starting a bit before the stroke.  Now it's worse.  Nobody seems to know what to blame.  Could be physio exercises in the right leg. Could be an effect of the stroke.  Could be an effect of the BP meds.  I'm just trying to ignore it.

15 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I don't think it portrayed our city in a good light.

Really I was thinking the Nottingham audience was brilliant, a representation of the whole UK, people are angry & annoyed, well done Nottingham we are proud of you. 

• Like 1