How's your day?

15 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Do girls still send love letters, Nonna?  I thought in these days a lad should consider himself lucky if he got a text message with a thumbs up sign.

Don't think romance in the young is dead yet. I watch some of the young ones here and they mostly are romantic. Some put romantic graffiti on station walls or anywhere where their sweethearts can see what their feeling are. I may add too that there are no rude ones.It'd be nice to think it was like that in the whole world wouldn't it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

It's from the Latin.  so not too far from Italian.

From Wikipaedia:

Graffiti (both singular and plural; the singular graffito is very rare in English except in archeology)[1][2][3] is writing or drawings made on a wall or other surface, usually without permission and within public view.[2][3] Graffiti ranges from simple written words to elaborate wall paintings, and it has existed since ancient times, with examples dating back to ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, and the Roman Empire.[4]

In modern times, paint (particularly spray paint) and marker pens have become the most commonly used graffiti materials. In most countries, marking or painting property without the property owner's permission is considered defacement and vandalism, which is a punishable crime.

Unrelated to hip-hop graffiti, gangs use their own form of graffiti to mark territory or to serve as an indicator of gang-related activities.[5]

Controversies that surround graffiti continue to create disagreement amongst city officials, law enforcement, and writers who wish to display and appreciate work in public locations. There are many different types and styles of graffiti; it is a rapidly developing art form whose value is highly contested and reviled by many authorities while also subject to protection, sometimes within the same jurisdiction.

Full article:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti

Yes it was time to change........my George Clooney days are over.......lol.................now back to Marsdens look..or as Jill says 'Granville''    thanks cliff ton,,

• Like 6

We get the opportunity to change our Govt. at least every five years.  So, if we realise we elected the wrong lot, or they aren't living up to promise, or whatever.. we get the chance to change them. That's democracy. 

The 'leave means leave' position seems to be based on the idea that we've had a narrow victory for leave, but even though it's been demonstrated that the promised Unicorns, NHS Dividend, halt to immigration etc., will not materialise.. and it is actually very economicaly damaging to leave the EU without some sort of trade deal..  three years in.. we are still expected to 'just leave' and we aren't allowed another democratic choice?  Really?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Life's full of mysteries...such as why does cliff ton keep changing his profile photo to the same one he's had for months?

I was wondering if anyone might've noticed, even though it was only there for a few seconds ;).  You weren't supposed to be looking !

At risk of revealing inside information, I was carrying out a few tests for Ben in connection with his new photo.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

We get the opportunity to change our Govt. at least every five years.  So, if we realise we elected the wrong lot, or they aren't living up to promise, or whatever.. we get the chance to change them. That's democracy. 

The 'leave means leave' position seems to be based on the idea that we've had a narrow victory for leave, but even though it's been demonstrated that the promised Unicorns, NHS Dividend, halt to immigration etc., will not materialise.. and it is actually very economicaly damaging to leave the EU without some sort of trade deal..  three years in.. we are still expected to 'just leave' and we aren't allowed another democratic choice?  Really?

And I though that political discussions were not permitted here ?

No matter which way you voted in the 2016 Brexit Referendum the subsequent negotiations with the EU have clearly shown that our country is run by a bunch of absolute stinkers and talentless wassocks who should not be allowed out unsupervised.

It is a great shame that Neville Chamberlain is no longer with us as he may have been able to get a piece of paper from the German Chancellor rather than the five million page handcuff Theresa May was able to secure.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Centaur said:

No matter which way you voted in the 2016 Brexit Referendum the subsequent negotiations with the EU have clearly shown that our country is run by a bunch of absolute stinkers and talentless wassocks who should not be allowed out unsupervised.

It is a great shame that Neville Chamberlain is no longer with us as he may have been able to get a piece of paper from the German Chancellor rather than the five million page handcuff Theresa May was able to secure.

It's true our Govt. hasn't exactly covered itself in glory.  What concerns me much more however is the number of people who take the view 'Just leave.. it'll be alright..'   Trust me.  It won't. We no longer have an empire, any influence or military power to speak of, much industry or anything else.  Out of the EU we are a 'busted flush', waiting to be pushed around by Russian and Chinese gangsters and a racist misogynist 70+year old spoilt child in the US.

Yep, we'll have taken back control alright... :wacko:

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

They’re not but it adds spice to the discussion! 

The peasants are revolting.  :)

Whatever side you take, I can't understand how  the future prosperity of our country and the well being of its people can be 'boring'.

Endless football is boring. Televised Golf is boring.

I'd also add that whatever anyone feels about my posts, or Phils, or most others here, they do not descend into personal abuse such as has been seen on here recently.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

keep squawking on about politics on this site gets boring,tedious and a waste of time cus no one is interested in anyone elses political views

Rog

From what I gather political discussion is not allowed after a vote by members. That was apparently some years ago and by people who for the most part no longer post.

Like the Brexit leavers would have it one vote casts the decision in stone. The result can never be questioned, challenged or asked again  - really? that's democracy is it?

The problem is a rerun is likely to be close and even if the decision changes we will still have a divided forum/nation with one side saying "ya boo suck it up and live with it" and the losers crying foul  we want another go..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why don't you move this thread to "My Hobbies "or "Private members only discussion" and away from "Hows your day"

Rog