• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Whoops !!! Don't know why the pic hasn't shown? maybe not done summat right. Towd ya this lap top was bloody useless. Be glad when I get home and get on me Acer.

Well I can see it, looks a lot like a place in Holland I visited just outside Amsterdam last summer.

23 minutes ago, Brew said:

Well I can see it, looks a lot like a place in Holland I visited just outside Amsterdam last summer.

That's right Brew, just outside of Amsterdam, it's called Wroxham, only a few hundred miles from there.smile2

Managed to load Postimage, dropped a cobbler though, I posted onto ' Keep one drop one' by mistake. that'll teach to look at the thread before I post.

29 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

The picture here is fine Beekay. Wish I was there!

Got a spare bed Phil..

Where am I ?

I took this photo today of Japanese tourists, making sure they don’t get any sunshine on their skin.    

I’m having a lovely time and soaking up the sun myself.  

55517554-F275-4-A78-8108-0-D907-C263377.

• Upvote 2

A beautiful afternoon completing the new shed. Sat on the patio this evening with fish and chips and Amstel, with the chiminea blazing away merrily burning old fence posts I'd sawn up !  

• Like 1

You should see our village. It's been the bottling ceremony of the wines so full of tourists but wait til Friday and we'll not the able to move.

Both my sons and daughters restaurants have been packed out  and refusing people all lunch time. Can't understand people when they know it's a busy day and week , not booking to avoid disappointment.Just been to collect my daughter and notice all the country lanes are full of tourists walking off their extra calories. Our road is usually full at this time. There are loads of city folk that have bought weekend houses round here.

• Like 1

Just watching a film that was taken of the wine festival in 2012.. Local tv interviewing all the food and wine courtyards. This year expecting 35,000 visitors like last year.

Fantastic ………….. It's raining. After having only had 17 mm of rain in 5 months  and almost all of OZ in severe drought we have had 20mm of rain in the last few days. Soft gentle showers that allow the water to soak in and not just run off. It's not the break in season rains but very welcome.

It's amazing that I have tried to keep the plants alive with water from the mains and they have just survived and yet with the first drops of natural water they have all perked up and have their heads up and leaves open.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Wollaton local by-elections today, I could only ever vote Labour, but for the fist time ever my polling card is not leaving my house, just need to be strong & hang on until after 10pm, my Granddad would turn in his grave :angry2: sorry. 

• Like 1

My dad was a lifelong Tory, but he'd turn in his grave at the shenanigans that have been going on over the last few years by ALL parties.

He even reckoned Ted Heath should've been hung as a traitor for getting us into the EU in the first place.

He's been dead for over 40 years, and Lord knows what he'd think of the current bunch of MP's.

• Like 1