• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Perhaps I should have put the photo on the 'anything political' thread.   Mods, please move it if you want..and delete this suggestion as well

13 minutes ago, radfordred said:

I think your best keeping out that thread Margie, it will all end in tears :Friends:

I think it will probably all end in tears anyway - and I'm not talking about the thread!

Think you right Margie, just been in to have a look, long drawn out posts going nowhere, then the long posts get quoted again & again & again, gives me headache, time to log off, have good day & play nice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why do you think it OK to make disparaging remarks about others interests? You know what the contents are so why look if you're not interested. If there are things you have read and don't don't agree with, post it there not in the general forum. What good does sniping from the sidelines do?

I think some of the music posted here is truly awful... but I keep my opinions to myself. If that's what some like fine and me whinging and whining about it adds nothing useful  or interesting.

Didn't someone a while back post something about live and let live?

• Upvote 2

Nowt to do with politics, But as its How's your day, thought I would relate....Today I is sitting on me Patio, hand feeding a bloody HERON !! Came indoors and he followed me right up to the door. Bin feeding him Chicken, does that make him a Cannibal ?? wouldn't fancy being on the business end of that beak. When I've tidied my pix will put one on Cheers me up or photos thread. something totally different. Beekay.

• Like 4

On a call out one night I came across what I thought was a garden ornament some little devil had nicked and stuck in the middle of the road. I got right up to it intending to move it when it took a stab at me. Frightened the life out of me, it was a real Heron and as you say BK they have some beak on 'em

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  1. The big tourist trip boats were passing by our patio and people were looking and pointing over at us. Like an idiot, I waved back before it dawned on me that they were admiring the Heron. It occurred then that sadly, some folk can go all their lives and never see an Heron. But there was me feeding one. Only had a quick glimpse of the Otter this year though. The little Bugger is pinching somebody else's fish. B.

Beautiful birds, but I admit to make nasty comments to them when they visit my pond, I sometimes remind them,  never politely , that it is not a restaurant.

• Like 1

Saw one pick up a duckling once and swallow it whole,nice looking bird with bad attitude but thats nature

Rog

And you can see the poor victim squirming on its way down Rog. As you say, Nature in the raw. B.

• Like 1

Shocked me at the time,I was on a Bantam tug boat going through Attenborough nature reserve,there was a mallard duck followed by about six ducklings paddling there way alongside the waters edge and the heron, suddenly Mr heron leaned forward and helped himself to the last in line lifted his head back and swallowed, I was stunned

Rog

THING IS ROG, THEY WILL TAKE CHICKS, FROGS, MICE ETC. OUR ONE WAS STALKING A BLACKBIRD, WATCHING TO SEE IF SHE WENT BACK TO HER NEST BUT MRS. BLACKBIRD WAS TOO CANNY FOR THAT. IF THEY CAN SWALLOW IT THEN DOWN IT GOES. DIGEST IT LATER. B.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, plantfit said:

lifted his head back and swallowed,

That's put me off me fish fingers ....

Sorry bout that Brew, come to think of it,fish don't have fingers they have fins  thumbsup

Rog

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Brew said:

That's put me off me fish fingers ....

BREW, I CAN GUARANTEE THAT MR. HERON WILL EAT YOUR FISH FINGERS TOO. IN FACT HE WOULD EAT YOUR FINGERS GIVEN THE CHANCE. B.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Sorry bout that Brew, come to think of it,fish don't have fingers they have fins  thumbsup

Rog

Nah definitely fingers, sez so on the box. Maybe they are deformed or summat

• Like 1

Radioactivity in the water, they are lovely on fresh bread with Lurpak butter, you made me hungry now

Rog

• Like 1

A FISH FINGER SANDWICH,   HERONS FAVOURITE FOOD, MORE CARBS THAN A DUCKLING.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:09 PM, AfferGorritt said:

Thought I knew it. Could remember walking down a wide paved road to the bullring and admiring the statues. You’ve jogged my memory, Ann, That is, if we’re right!

Correct Ann and AfferGorrit.  We had a really fabulous day up in Ronda on Tuesday.  The intention was to catch a little train from San Roque to Ronda but when we arrived at the station we were told that the heavy rain they’ve had down there recently had damaged the railway line and although it’s been repaired it hasn’t been ‘signed off’ by the authority so isn’t open again yet. We drove up to Ronda from there and decided we’d go on a little tourist train around the town.  That train isn’t running any more, something to do with ‘politics’!  We weren’t having a good train day.  Instead we had a tour in a horse-drawn carriage which was very enjoyable.  Went into the bull-ring museum, bit of lunch in the Parador Hotel overlooking the deep gorge and then drove back the shorter way down to the coast to our friends place.   We’ve had a good trip, plenty of eating, drinking and relaxing in warm sunshine.  Marbella Old Town looked fantastic last night with beautifully decorated houses and restaurants on May Day.  Shame we’ve come back to grey skies and cool weather!  

5753895-A-9132-49-BD-A6-B6-65-E31-D907334325-FA5-F-9-DBD-4428-A305-83-AEE1-BBA67

• Like 5