How's your day?

Brilliant pictures Nonna ! You must be very strong, climbing up on a bench and having someone sit on your shoulders.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Rog’s trip to Melton Market reminds me that we regularly went there on a Tuesday, market day, but haven’t been for a few years. We always used to get a pie from Ye Olde Pie Shoppe. I must revive the tradition. One of my farming mates bought a tup from Melton market to breed with his sheep. When he got back to Gonalston he let down the trailer ramp but no tup was to be seen. He drove all the way back to Melton but he never spotted it. Still out there running wild possibly.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Carni, we have stayed in a hotel overlooking that bandstand at Lytham St. A. Three years on the run for the lights at Blackpool. That area has always looked deserted apart from dog walkers and occasional mini train trips which could be seen from our room window. Seen some terrific sunsets though. Convinced 'er indoors that what she could see over the bay was Northern Ireland ! Didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise, she thought she had exceptional eyesight ! B.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad you're enjoying yourselves Carni but don't overdo it especially by pedaling Its lovely to hear outdoor music. This afternoon there were groups of all sorts from jazz , pop and old farmers songs. There was a group of oldies dressed as peasants /farmers in capes and shawls etc. There was an old man who started singing about when he was young and growing up beginning to notice girls. It was a treat to listen to him I could have listened all night to him. These are songs they sang when the vendemmia had finished when they were enjoying their wine. Its a time when the farmers had worked hard and were able to relax, ending in drinking loads of wine and singing all the drinking songs. Many of them were Alpini soldiers and they bring in some of their songs.

Hope your chilli was good and that you weren't a bit too spicy.;)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Brilliant pictures Nonna ! You must be very strong, climbing up on a bench and having someone sit on your shoulders.

I was ok getting up because there was a step but getting down was another story. However two gallant and good looking young men helped me down . My SIL saying that we were two old ladies who need help, cheeky she's 30 years younger than me. Anyway it workedsmile2

• Like 1

Smashing picture Rog,  now that is what call a real Cheese sandwich, smothering the bread !:hungr:

• Like 2

It is a beautiful holiday destination. A little bit too sedate for most Blackpool Revellers, but it suits us now. We have had our share of Blackpool nights, I couldn't take it anymore. We have finally calmed down and prefer a quiet life now.:)

• Like 2

It's a good day at the Tuesday Melton market Phil, we go quite often, always sommat to see and pick up a bargain or two

Rog

9 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Rog’s trip to Melton Market reminds me that we regularly went there on a Tuesday, market day, but haven’t been for a few years. We always used to get a pie from Ye Olde Pie Shoppe. I must revive the tradition. One of my farming mates bought a tup from Melton market to breed with his sheep. When he got back to Gonalston he let down the trailer ramp but no tup was to be seen. He drove all the way back to Melton but he never spotted it. Still out there running wild possibly.

Thought you were going to say that it was a yew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, carni said:

It is a beautiful holiday destination. A little bit too sedate for most Blackpool Revellers, but it suits us now. We have had our share of Blackpool nights, I couldn't take it anymore. We have finally calmed down and prefer a quiet life now.:)

Last time we went I was allowed to sit on the front step of the coach so I could film the drive through the lights. Boy !, did I get a numb bum !!

I didn't see it today Phil,there's a few in the field near our place if you can identify him I'll give you a lift in the trailer with him

Rog

Out here Phil, they are known as the local leisure center  slywink

P1060330.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

All sheep look the same to me Rog! Don’t want to be accused of rustling. I have a clean sheet as far as criminality is concerned.

Yer mean yerve not  bin caught yet !

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Last time we went I was allowed to sit on the front step of the coach so I could film the drive through the lights. Boy !, did I get a numb bum !!

When the children were small we stayed in St Annes a few times and did the drive through the lights each night of the stay. As great as they are , it was enough for me, I don't have the inclination to see them again, but I can understand people wanting to see them. As we drove through B-pool today I saw a sign on the side of the road, informing us that it costs £5 for each five minutes the lights are on. Also, there was a reference for donations and £5 was the amount suggested. I don't know where the donations were to be made, we had passed the sign too quickly. I wonder if it would lose a lot of visitors if it was made compulsory, and how they would go about it?

• Upvote 1

Talking of Melton Mowbray, which we weren't. When I worked at SPD, we used to deliver to Pet foods in Melton. It was one of the cleanest factories I've ever seen ! Employees used change overalls 2/3 times a day. There was coloured lines on the floor and depending on where you worked, you wasn't allowed to cross them. Better hygiene than some food shops I've been to. Useless information I know, but there you go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, carni said:

When the children were small we stayed in St Annes a few times and did the drive through the lights each night of the stay. As great as they are , it was enough for me, I don't have the inclination to see them again, but I can understand people wanting to see them. As we drove through B-pool today I saw a sign on the side of the road, informing us that it costs £5 for each five minutes the lights are on. Also, there was a reference for donations and £5 was the amount suggested. I don't know where the donations were to be made, we had passed the sign too quickly. I wonder if it would lose a lot of visitors if it was made compulsory, and how they would go about it?

Last time we were there Carni, as you approach the star of the lights at Starrgate there was a team of marshals who handed you a collection bag if you were on a coach, which was to be passed round the coach and they were the collected at the other end by another team. When we turned round further up they tried to give us another bag for the journey back. Purely donations of course. Beekay.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Someone who went round Petfoods told me the quality of the meat and fish that went into the tins was good enough for human consumption.

Phil, it was better than some foods I've tasted from some cafés. Felt I ought to wash me lorry before I went in !

2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Nice plantfit but today preferred what I had. See first photo

2 photos of sons restaurant,2 local churches one is consecrated  last 2 of the courtyard where my daughter was and one of her not wanting her photo taken (she Hates it)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/ermpxii0/

Sorry word prompt again it should have read deconsecrated church, its used for art gallery and for all sorts of things connected to the adoption of vines and storing the wine ready for collection. The other one is a beautiful church and is supposed to be the 8th most beautiful church in Italy

33 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Very many years ago there was a story going around that Kit e Kat tins were found in the larder at the Hong Kong restaurant on Arkwright St. by the public health inspectors. Probably an urban myth.

Just as long as the patrons didn't cough up fur balls or had a lick wash !