How's your day?

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Someone who went round Petfoods told me the quality of the meat and fish that went into the tins was good enough for human consumption.

There was a time in a pub I used to frequent in Harby when you could buy fresh whole salmon that were “liberated” from Petfoods, which were originally destined for Chappie dog food.

Tasted ok to me, and did wonders for my coat.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

When I was a kid there was a man who bought Kit-e-Kat from our local beer-off. It was widely rumoured that he was eating it himself as a sort of fish paste substitute. Eventually, Mrs. Bancoft, the owner stopped selling it to him when she discovered he didn't own a cat!

Many, many years ago I worked with an electrician who came from the contracting side, I was an apprentice at Clifton Colliery back then.

We were talking about cans of petfood looking better than what the butchers sell, he'd worked at Petfoods Melton Mowbray re wiring the factory for a large contractor. They had to wear clean overalls every day, he said the place was far cleaner than any human food processing plants he'd ever worked on.

He told us the quality of the meat and fish were far higher than what we eat, question was asked, why??  Well he said, give a few people food poisoning and it's soon forgotten, kill someones little moggie or doggy with bad feed and you tend to lose millions and the media won't let it go.

He said he was working above a mincing machine and dropped a spanner, he wasn't the most popular bloke on the block, they scrapped a whole run of product.

I hear these days petfood processors aren't so fussy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I only mentioned it in passing and it's stirred up a bit of interest. Delivering to Petfoods once and needed to use the toilet. Was told to "follow the blue line and it will take you straight there. Don't cross the line or go anywhere else". Almost expecting them to say Or you'll be shot !!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Going great guns...nice tickle on the £1000 Guineas..had Sly TV fitted...a one-off €250 payment..all the sports and movies..including foreign stuff..

Hunters Walk and Harry O and Brasil Rede etc...get loads done when treacles away.

??????????

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There was a TV documentary years ago where they showed people taste testing dog food. Never understood why, dogs will eat anything and whether we like or not is immaterial I would have thought.

One  of my sons class mates father was a senior manager and a Professor of veterinary science at Petfoods, all the tales of how strict they were are true.

6 hours ago, Brew said:

There was a TV documentary years ago where they showed people taste testing dog food. Never understood why, dogs will eat anything and whether we like or not is immaterial I would have thought.

One  of my sons class mates father was a senior manager and a Professor of veterinary science at Petfoods, all the tales of how strict they were are true.

A friend of mine was paid for testing cat food for a while.  I remember she had to sit some kind of exam during the selection procedure...possibly psychometric tests...to establish who was suitable.

For a few hours a week, the chosen ones met in a unit on an industrial estate near Bulwell, where they sniffed and appraised various types of cat food. No identification of the brand was ever given. Occasionally, one looked and smelled so good, my friend would taste it.  No one was allowed to take any home for their cat to give an opinion!

After all, cats don't buy their food, we do, and we've all been in the position of buying something our moggie has scoffed voraciously only to find she turns her little pink nose up at the same brand the following day!

What they'd really like is probably Whiskas with rat or Felix with blackbird...but the human in the supermarket aisle wouldn't buy those!

• Like 5

Beekay, let me try and explain the post you question. As there's no structured sentences, and seemingly random phrases, some posts are a bit tricky to decipher. Anyway, I'll attempt to help you, and any others who have difficulty with certain members posts.

1, I assume he had a lucky day on the horses.

2, Sly TV. A tricky one this. Are we to assume that this was an underhand deal, involving a 'one off' payment ? Foreign stuff too !  The mind boggles.

3, Treacle is a term of endearment often heard by pseudo Cockneys on Eastenders, whereby an older male is referring to a younger female. This always makes me uneasy, as it sounds incestuous and a bit pervy. However, in this case, it's a reference to his wife being away at the recent Spanish purchase. 

Dont worry B, you'll get used to these type of posts. Funnily enough, there's a relatively new member who posts in a very similar mode, and similar content. Uncanny !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Going back to the theme of Melton, can anyone kindly tell me if you can still buy pork pies with jelly in ?  I've bought them in the past but they are so bland without it. I realise that it's not to everybody's taste but a pork pie without jelly, you might as well eat cardboard or Whiskas. B.

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

One for our Ben. Lovely to see people who've been through such trauma enjoying themselves. Get ready, Carni!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-berkshire-48147525/laryngectomy-patients-learn-to-sing-without-a-voice-box

Jill thanks for that    absolutely brilliant........and really good listening to their comments afterwards.......which were so true.......xx

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Going back to the theme of Melton, can anyone kindly tell me if you can still buy pork pies with jelly in ?  I've bought them in the past but they are so bland without it. I realise that it's not to everybody's taste but a pork pie without jelly, you might as well eat cardboard or Whiskas. B.

All the pork pies round here contain jelly. It's not all grim up north BK!

Might be worth a trip oop North just to get a pork pie and maybe a couple of faggots. Don't care for the ones in Brighton.  ;)

18 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Did an early nixer..back to cop Trump..5 in front!

Baretta with Cashel Blue and fresh grinder...beats me how a bloke can lie to his treacle about being a mega NS member.

"Lies have no legs"

Cyril Fortitude.

Makes NO sense at all. ??

• Like 2

I'm sure some clown will be along soon to enlighten you BK,don't worry about it

Rog

Your mention of Cashel Blue reminded me of this flyer I picked up yesterday at the Cheese festival in Melton Mowbray, had a smaple and it tasted alright Ian

P1070458.jpg

Rog

"How's your day"? Well, don't know about anybody else but for a Bank holiday today and Easter bank hols., the TV has been absolute crap !! Just scanning through the schedules on BBC, the programmes all seem to be normal bloody repeats etc. Come to think of it, Christmas worn't much better.! That's me rant of me chest so think I'll stick with the snooker final, (in between NS posts).

• Like 1

Getting Better now I'm on nottsalgia and spoken to BeeKay

• Like 1

Diggin' on the new patois!  :)

The itch is heading for seven years at this rate and the Virgin's still out of sync.

Another look when the Lyle's is patching.