• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Sorry friends i must now leave the site as I have a bowls match and you know how long it takes us women to get ready so buy for now. xxxxx

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Makes NO sense at all. ??

Just being skitty.

Meno male che non siamo tutti uguale. Poverino o scemo. Quello che volete.

58 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

! Black with ginger hair.

Proper coloured then Phil

Rog

1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Just being skitty.

Now your just baffling me with science Nonna !

Mi habla Espanol, Italian, Nada ¡

39 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Now your just baffling me with science Nonna !

Mi habla Espanol, Italian, Nada ¡

2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Just being skitty.

Italian, French, Spanish... we seem to be up to our ears in polyglots... any more?

• Like 1

Brew, eine kleine Pils bitte. ?

Edit- Then of course, there is always Nottinghamese

1 hour ago, West Bridgfordian said:

Slaynt vie!

No idea on that one WB,,

Edit: Ah Google is your friend, you too. I'll let others look for it..

• Upvote 1

I'm not falling into this trap ! I'm far too delicate. It takes me all me time to speak English. Incidentally, who's the duchess of Sussex ?

Well that was popular. We aren't the only ones that post words that nobody understands. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Found it Brew !! Did you attend Tynwald??

Used to go to Tynwald, but it's one of the most boring events on the island!

(Towlley chibbyr)

It is a free meal day for all the MHK's.

51 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Well that was popular. We aren't the only ones that post words that nobody understands. 

Your right Nonna, though some speak/post more drivel than others ! I can do me share of waffle.  :tease:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, really good day.   My youngest son is 40 today, for goodness sake, how did that happen?   Seems like only yesterday ..... as they say.

He’d had a very boozy celebration on Saturday with his mates and his brother when they all went down to their Hospitality Box for Saracens last game of the season, I’ve only gleaned snippets of the goings-on and to be honest I don’t need to know more!   Yesterday was apparently a day of recovery so he was ok today for the family do.

We went down to Hertfordshire this morning and we had lunch at The Bell at Aston Clinton near Aylesbury.  In days gone by when we lived in that area this was definitely a place for fine dining but nowadays it’s not so upmarket and was frankly quite disappointing but we all enjoyed ourselves and the food and wine was pretty good.    

A 2 hour journey each way but the only way the family gets together and it was worth the effort, plus the roads were pretty clear, I expect because of such disappointing Bank Holiday weather.   Back home now with the central heating on :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

My youngest son is 40 today, for goodness sake, how did that happen?  

Well Lizzie there was a mummy bee and a daddy bee and a mummy bird and a daddy bird....      :P

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Brew said:

Es tut mir liede BK,  ich trinken nicht

I feel like BK, I do not triumph?  What are you saying Brew?

@LizzieM   Our daughter in law was brought up in Aylesbury and her parents still live there.   Our eldest son met his wife while they were both working in Aylesbury and their first property was in Aston Clinton!   No significance really, but just thought I'd mention it...

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

What are you saying Brew?

I did German many moons ago. I do not speak it  but can remember some phrases. BK asked for a beer and I replied -  'I'm sorry, I don't drink'

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

@LizzieM   Our daughter in law was brought up in Aylesbury and her parents still live there.   Our eldest son met his wife while they were both working in Aylesbury and their first property was in Aston Clinton!   No significance really, but just thought I'd mention it...

We spent 30 years in the Beds, Bucks and Herts borders Margie, in four different houses, before we came to Nottingham to be close to my elderly father.  The boys grew up and went to school in Tring and Berkhamsted so they’ve no wish or need to move away from that area.  We did enjoy living down there but when we decided to ‘downsize’ we went the whole hog and moved up to Nottingham.   We do miss that area but doubt we’d move back there again, house prices are more than double! 

• Upvote 2

Quite a few moves Lizzie, is it a case of one step ahead of the law, or maybe it's harder to hit a moving target. (Tongue firmly in cheek Lizzie, honest).  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Well, it's the start of another gift of a day. So with your permission, I'll start with GOOD MORNING ALL !!  Beekay.:yahoo:

• Like 1