• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Crikey no nonna. Didn't you know that I light up the world ! smile2 

Where were you when we needed you the other day?

• Upvote 1

Aye up ! We'll have none of that kind of talk on here ! 

• Like 1

Ah, I can explain that nonna. I was under the weather. noblue

• Like 1

Just finished packing for the club fishing trip to Ireland. Glad the weather is looking better :biggrin: Hoping to get some video footage of my new fly fishing technique and rod. Will spend most of my Euro's on Guinness and fritter the rest away :rolleyes:

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

Will spend most of my Euro's on Guinness and fritter the rest away :rolleyes:

Good man so you are...thumbsup

Our 9 year old granddaughter cycled round to our house with her dad this afternoon.  She's been doing the Cycling Proficiency Training with the school this week and told us they had been told to check for A B C and D before they set off on any journey.  You probably can work out what A B and C are, but wonder if you can guess what D is..... (she couldn't stop giggling when she told us!)

• Like 1

Bringing all the power of my three brain cells to bear (one dead, one dying and one looking decidedly peaky), I came up with.................  nada, zilch, zip... do tell..

Air, Brakes, Chain and D..........  

Clue:  it was raining and she was wearing an anorak- type coat with various cords threaded through....

Dangling....................... thumbsup As in nothing dangling to catch in the wheel?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes,  the D is for 'dangly bits.'   I think the children will all remember the A B C D  now.   I think it's a good idea as I know I've caught a full skirt on the back wheel several times over the years.   Apparently all the children found it very funny, but then they are only 9 or 10 years old...... and haven't got over the stage of 'toilet humour'.    (I know.... some never do!)

You wouldn't want to get your dangly bits stuck in owt,especially if you are a lad,the dangly bits when you ride a recumbent trike are only four inches above the road surface

Rog

I seem to remember many years ago in the Triassic age they used to sell ladies cycles with a sort of plastic shield over the front half of the rear mudguard. When you looked at it from the side it looked like a quarter of a pie chart. Blokes could get a bike with a complete chain cover to protect their socks, when trousers were tucked in, when you had no cycle clips. Can you still get them ?

• Like 1

The early ladies cycles had strings threaded around the rear mudguard down to a bracket near the wheel hub to stop the long skirts being pulled into the rear wheel, you can still get the clear plastic skirt protectors to fit rear muguards,

Rog

Must admit, I never got my skirt caught in the rear wheel. Used to get oil scuffs on me socks though.:sorry:

You've never lived then BK, nowt better than riding your bike whilst wearing a skirt,lovely cooling effect  slywink

Rog

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

You wouldn't want to get your dangly bits stuck in owt,especially if you are a lad,the dangly bits when you ride a recumbent trike are only four inches above the road surface

Rog

Bragging Rog? smile2

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, plantfit said:

You've never lived then BK, nowt better than riding your bike whilst wearing a skirt,lovely cooling effect  slywink

Rog

It would quite a sight on a recumbent...     :Shock:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As my Scottish mate always says " it's a bit draughty around the Trossocks

Rog