• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

A wee Scottish boy goes into a cake shop and says to the baker ‘is that a cake in the window or a meringue?’ ‘You’re right’ says the baker, ‘it’s a cake’.

Doh! took me three goes to get it..

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

A wee Scottish boy goes into a cake shop and says to the baker ‘is that a cake in the window or a meringue?’ ‘You’re right’ says the baker, ‘it’s a cake’.

Very clever!

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Doh! took me three goes to get it..

Can somebody explain it to me please.

BK, try saying 'a meringue' out loud in a sort-of of Scottish accent.   It's a question...

Second leg ... SG 2 - BlackBerry Bush/Triffid 0.

Overall aggregate SG 2  -Blackberry Bush/Triffid 1

Cut down to size with excellent scissor work and very thick gloves. Slight injury to jumper and jeans but will recover in a few days. Celebratory vodka or two this evening:)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

To my wine addled brain, this was amazing ...

Was watching “Bosch”earlier on Amazon, based on novels by one of our favourite authors, Michael Connolly. Mentioned to the missus that another author I like, James Lee Burke, has a main character who has an adopted daughter called Alafair. Burke himself has a daughter called Alafair who is also a novelist.

10 minutes later 2 characters in Bosch, meet in a cafe. One has a book and you can see from the cover that it is by ...... Alafair Burke!!

Oo-er, spooky! Wonder what the odds are? Too late to buy a lottery ticket!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You've got me intrigued. Shall have to look for it on Amazon. ( Prime ?)

Very strange. I've looked on Prime video and can find Bosch ( thought it was just a film didn't realise it was a series) and started to put it on my list to watch another time. Apparently it isn't available here. I was searching on ipad. Looked on laptop and its available. Its going to take me a long long time to watch them. Hope they are good.

Took the bike out for a spin this morning and headed through Melton Mowbray. Big mistake, there were crews surface gritting from the Grantham Rd with tail-backs at rolling traffic lights. Loads of bikers but most taking it very easy. One muppet trying to overtake too fast and came down and scrawked his pride and joy, no injury just hurt pride, you can't believe some folk.

Clouds of dust everywhere, not good news for quite a few in the opposite tail-back. Classics, at least half a dozen Rover P4s and some Triumphs all polished up lovely, getting caked. I bet they were spitting, passed more heading towards Melton as I rode through, must be a show somewhere. Some folk won't be happy.:(

• Like 3

Reminds me of the time I was driving over the Tomintoul Pass in teh Cirngorms and I caught up with a string of cars all doing around 20MPH behind a caravan. I had been in the mountains all day and just wanted to get home so, knowing the road well I realised that if I didn't get past right now I would be stuck on a series of bends for the next umpteen miles. So, off I went haring past them all, only to find that fresh road chippings had been laid and that the leader was going slow to avoid sliding off into the valley below!. A few slurring slides and I was back in control but with a rather big dent in my pride.  However, I was past the mobile road block and saved at least half an hour on my journey.

• Like 1

Go for it Ian, in competition with Catfan for the "Husband of the year trophy" eh?

Rog

• Like 1

You're not wrong mate,as you well know theres only the female fo the species that gets everything right,it's our little secret, lets keep em thinking that way,owt for a (sort of) peaceful life

Rog

• Like 1

We like them, Nonna. Only thing is, each series seems to be an amalgamation of 2 or 3 novels so there’s a lot going on and it’s sometimes hard to keep track.

The novels are excellent - in my opinion (and I’m told I’m hard to please!)

• Like 1

will start watching tonight. First series anyway , hope I don't get addictedcompusmash

3 hours ago, AfferGorritt said:

We like them, Nonna. Only thing is, each series seems to be an amalgamation of 2 or 3 novels so there’s a lot going on and it’s sometimes hard to keep track.

The novels are excellent - in my opinion (and I’m told I’m hard to please!)

Hard to keep track ! Bit like this lot some times.

Now those I do like BK,where were they took,always fancied building an upright trike with a little engine, I got a couple of small engines kicking about plus the big Lister,you got me thinking now

Rog

The bottom picture was taken by my brother in law a couple of years ago when they went to the London - Brighton run. Don't know about the top one. was watching a you tube clip on old engines so took a screen shot. The voices sounded like East European. B.