How's your day?

Lovely day here !   Some garden chores to get done then into the garage/workshop!

I want to get a 1930 Chrysler running and behaving well enough to get to the Autokarna at Wollaton Park on Sunday 9th June.

Shock absorbers ready to fit and mod to steering needed.

Rear axle pinion seal wants attention otherwise it steadily ejects the oil...……….. and we do not want that on our roads do we?

Got me thinking that road surfaces must have been considerably greasier/slippery 50years ago when oil seals were not as effective as they are today.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

These days the "ejected oil" would run off the road surface and end up in the pot holes

Rog

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Compo said:

Lizzie, It is what used to be called a "Ladaybird Nigger". It's a ladybird larva and should be placed onto any plant that has greenfly. They are voracious greenfly eaters, scoffing up to 25 aphids per day. A  really good garden insect to have.

Thanks Compo, wonder why it had come into the house, no greenfly in here, maybe it had hitched a lift on the dog.  Interesting info, must say I’ve never seen one before, I just placed it gently on the patio so hope it found it’s next meal.  

• Like 1

Day not going too well...have a huge mouth ulcer just inside my bottom lip and my face is swollen.  I was looking forward to a couple of pints in 'spoons 'safto, too.

• Like 1

Mam always put table salt on a mouth ulcer, stings like a bugger for a few minutes but actually seem to work.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, LizzieM said:

As ‘Hows Your Day’ has developed into a topic on creepy crawlies I’m wondering if anyone can identify this little creature that I found earlier today crawling up a door frame in the house.   I let it go in the garden. 

It was tiny, black with a little red/orange marking. 

3-CFEC418-A32-F-4-B9-A-84-B6-B241-BD80-A

Looks a little like the insects we have but ours are bright red. They seem to all gather together and try to cover the wall. Shall have to look closer at them when they are about.

6 hours ago, Compo said:

have a huge mouth ulcer just inside my bottom lip and my face is swollen.

I sympathise, compo. I suffered from them regularly when I was younger. My dentist said they were a scourge for many women as they were linked to the menstrual cycle. I grew out of it but doubt it explains your predicament! Speedy recovery.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, denshaw said:

My day is very long today.

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

It'll be a bit shorter tomorrow, though !

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Has anyone noticed how the nights are drawing in ??   :rolleyes:

And there's only one more Bank Holiday between now and Christmas.

I know you have had a lot of rain lately over there. Saw today somewhere that a heatwave is coming next week. Starting June 30 we will be in Ireland for 4 weeks, so thought we'd look at the long-range weather forecast. Maybe shouldn't have. Rain forecast every day. Quack quack.

1 hour ago, katyjay said:

I know you have had a lot of rain lately over there. Saw today somewhere that a heatwave is coming next week. Starting June 30 we will be in Ireland for 4 weeks, so thought we'd look at the long-range weather forecast. Maybe shouldn't have. Rain forecast every day. Quack quack.

It’s not called the Emerald Isle for nothing Katyjay, get a flight over to Notts, be good to see you again.

14 hours ago, Compo said:

Day not going too well...have a huge mouth ulcer just inside my bottom lip and my face is swollen.  I was looking forward to a couple of pints in 'spoons 'safto, too.

Bonjela.  It can be painful when applied, but it works.  I find best thing is to dry the affected area, put the Bonjela on and keep area dry for as long as poss.. which may be only a minute or so as it's in 'yer gob.  Repeat as necessary.

• Like 1

Hello again !  I must admit I missed you all so decided to look in on you all only to find I had never actually logged off and left. Anyway I am surprised and pleased to see we are sort of back to how it used to be, mouth ulcers/odd beatles/where to go and other odd topics. Like Lizzie I am sorry some of you are under the weather take care of yourselves.

Gem.   

Mouth ulcers....try toothpaste.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Beekay said:

Has anyone noticed how the nights are drawing in ?? 

BK no they're not, going the other way here. Three minutes more daylight here today than yesterday. I've had enough of winter already!

The sun has started its journey back down under and on 21st December it will be our longest day and summer will be well under way. If you live in Central Qld around Rockhampton the sun will be directly overhead. The nearest place to the UK where to this happens is somewhere in the Sahara desert/ Egypt/Saudi Arabia 

Just a thought about Bonjela. If you are taking other medication, apparently you should ask the pharmacist whether it is safe to use Bonjela. A friend of mine was recently told it is contraindicated with medications such as anticoagulants. I don't like Bonjela, personally. I always found the pain caused by applying the stuff was excruciating and the effects extremely short lived.

5 minutes ago, Lainiemisshome said:

Funny I should look at you’re post....just put some bonjela on my sore gum. However I washed it down with a glass of wine!

Ohhhh!  Glad I looked at where you live, I thought you might have a drink problem downing wine at 8 in the morning :biggrin:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

BK no they're not, going the other way here. Three minutes more daylight here today than yesterday. I've had enough of winter already!

The sun has started its journey back down under and on 21st December it will be our longest day and summer will be well under way. If you live in Central Qld around Rockhampton the sun will be directly overhead. The nearest place to the UK where to this happens is somewhere in the Sahara desert/ Egypt/Saudi Arabia 

I live near the South coast Oz., unfortunately nowhere near Saudi Arabia or Egypt. Come to think of it,  I'm not near Nottingham either.

Will consider popping over to Rockhampton for the day !:rolleyes:

I had a relative ask if they could take my boys out this morning as they were going walking with a friend and as I had things I wanted to do said yes. They arrived, got backpack sorted (water for boys, poo bags etc) and off they went. Boys went out quite eagerly without a backward glance, puts my role into perspective! 

Got loads done. Hoovered carpets without hairs appearing when I turned my back, washed floors downstairs without having doggie footprints all over them whilst they were still wet. Cleaned upstairs, battled with a hanging bag in the shower to put shower gel etc in, still can’t get the stupid thing to stick, so just cleaned the bathroom instead. Sorted out a few boxes (still have quite a few from the move last August that I haven’t emptied, need more storage), looked through some photographs I found. 

Finally finished, made myself a drink and suddenly realised how quiet and empty the house felt. Then they came back, waggie tails and tired, water bowls attacked and water dribbled all over my clean floors, hairs on my clean carpet. Lots of fussing and vocalisation about their walk. Relatives left, boys settled with me in kitchen, things back to normal. Heaven:biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

You really know how to live life in the fast lane don't you SG. Should've took the dogs a walk yourself and asked your relative to clean house and fix bathroom fittings !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2