How's your day?

17 hours ago, Lainiemisshome said:

Funny I should look at you’re post....just put some bonjela on my sore gum. However I washed it down with a glass of wine!

Hi Lanie, Welcome to another Nottstalgian down under, whereabouts are you in this wide brown land?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thank for the ulcer tips, gang - tried them all over the years but to no avail. I get an outreak of ulcers about twice a year these days. They are about half the size of a five pence piece at their height and are very painful, expecially when they stick to my teeth in the night. They seem to co-incide with my biting a lip or cheek; so I'm thinking infection after a bite injury.  Tried all remedies but they never go until after about two weeks.  Just a few days left for this one to run its course........

Sounds daft but my ears. especially  the left one itch quite a lot and have done for a good few years now - very irritating..

• Like 1

Congrats Denshaw,  it's my 54th., this year. B.

Not going to Krakow, it just seems like it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, denshaw said:

It's my wedding anniversary, one year today. Off to Kraków for a few days.

Congrats and many more of them...   :clapping:

• Like 2

Had a lovely day today at the ‘Shaping A Generation’ exhibition at the New Walk Museum and Art Gallery in Leicester.  It details the 60s Mod scene in Leicester and Nottingham.   Really great exhibition with scooters, (including the iconic Vespa from Quadrophenia) clothes and photos of those great times 50+ years ago.  Had a lovely chat with Nottingham’s Alan Fletcher who wrote the book ‘Quadrophenia’ and was the story consultant for the film.  So much to see, I hardly touched the surface and would love to go over there again but time’s running out, the exhibition closes at the weekend.  Alan did say that the exhibition may be brought to Nottingham, I really hope so because so many of the Nottingham Mods are featured, at least two Nottstalgians too!  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

@ LizzieM   Was never a Mod, or a Rocker either Lizzie, but I'd have loved to see that.  It's all of our younger days..

Meanwhile, in 'Itch City' and even though I'm not convinced by the very confusing and inconsistent blood test results, I've chucked a spotless old bed and mattress into the garage awaiting 'bulky rubbish' collection. I'm about 70% through redecorating the bedroom, after which I'll steam clean a perfectly good carpet. and chuck out duvets and months old pillows.

Sadly, my 'cutting in' skills with a paint brush seem to have deserted me and I'm going to have to have another go at the 'ceiling/wall interface' tomorrow after purchasing an angled, or 'sash' brush.

Why is everything so bloody difficult these days?  :blink:

• Like 1
On 6/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, denshaw said:

It's my wedding anniversary, one year today. Off to Kraków for a few days.

Hi denshaw enjoy your 1st Wedding anniversary  and many more,

• Like 1

well it was ok till i came across member's who i think are Male Chauvinist.  Get into the real world boy's

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

'cutting in'

I have old kitchen cabinet bolted up in garage for all my decorating gear, but I keep my trusted "Dulux Perfect Edges 1.5 Triangle Brush" in my cabinet next to my bed for safe keeping, might cost a few bob more than others, thank me later.

You should be Googling the credentials of your quack DJ I think he may be the cause of your itch? I would have sacked him off months ago. 

• Like 1

fullsizeoutput-31f.jpg

Not today but yesterday, 27c  in my kitchen. Not looking forward to the next few days unless its windows , doors and shutters closed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, mary1947 said:

well it was ok till i came across member's who i think are Male Chauvinist.  Get into the real world boy's

I don't think you need the plural there Mary. Only one person I could see made a chauvinist comment. And it wasn't me.

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

I have old kitchen cabinet bolted up in garage for all my decorating gear, but I keep my trusted "Dulux Perfect Edges 1.5 Triangle Brush" in my cabinet next to my bed for safe keeping, might cost a few bob more than others, thank me later.

Well I've just bought one.  Whether you get my thanks for encouraging me to spend about seven quid on it depends whether it works....  :P

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

You should be Googling the credentials of your quack DJ I think he may be the cause of your itch? I would have sacked him off months ago. 

And my Doc is fine thanks.  I'm much improved but been referred to Dermatology anyway.

Well that’s a new one ....... just had a random phone call from Pakistan asking for £200 to pay a hospital bill.  Told the bloke I hadn’t got any money and don’t phone again.  2 minutes later he rang again, , begging for help so I told him the Police are monitoring my phone line, he hasn’t phoned again.    Hope he gets the money he needs!!  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Open it gently & return back when clean to the packaging it came in, last you for years. 

Already tried it.  With emulsion, it's marginally better than a plain brush, but I got on better with a simple 1" harris 'angled' brush, basically a 'sash' brush. I'm sure I'l find a use for the Triangle brush

Walls done all around and the cutting in is as good as it's going to be.  About to do a second coat all around then glosswork tomorrow.  This job has gone on too long.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Well that’s a new one ....... just had a random phone call from Pakistan asking for £200 to pay a hospital bill.  Told the bloke I hadn’t got any money and don’t phone again.  2 minutes later he rang again, , begging for help so I told him the Police are monitoring my phone line, he hasn’t phoned again.    Hope he gets the money he needs!!  

I had another of those calls from a young lady with a very English name and a strong Indian Sub Continent type accent the other day.  She said she was from the Technical Department of my internet provider. (Didn't say which one) and then asked me how my internet was today.

I usually just hang up, but this time I asked . "How do you know I have an internet connection?"

She did the hanging up for me....  :)

Re nuisance calls. We had some furniture delivered recently, and left madams mobile number with the firm to arrange delivery. 

Since then, she's had 23 calls in the last fortnight from Harrogate, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheffield, Chester, Stoke and Uttoxeter, and blocked them all. I thought it was now illegal to sell on customers details to a third party.

3 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I thought it was now illegal to sell on customers details to a third party.

So did I but it seems it's universally ignored or the profits they make far exceed the fines they get. I'm always  surprised at how easily these people lie.

I challenged one recently and he quite blatantly said there is no check on your statement so a white lie can make me a thousand  pounds and if  I don't claim it the other party will. Being the good soul he is he would rather I as the innocent party had it and not the other guy.

• Upvote 1