How's your day?

Went for my scan this morning and went back this afternoon for the results with the oncologist. The only thing was ( apart from the muck up with my appointments) the results hadn't arrived. He phoned the radiology dept and got the results by word and relayed them to me. Everything ok , the mark on my lungs has disappeared ( relief). He's not happy that he did not give me the written results so I have to go back on Monday then he will explain everything to me. He still wants me to have scans every 3-4 months though. My folder is getting fuller by the months. As I said to him " I can now breathe" yes he said I could see you were a bit anxious. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Brilliant news nonna. I'm really pleased for you. Yippee ! thumbsup

• Like 1

Really happy for you, nonna.... I bet you feel a sense of relief xx

• Like 1

Really good news nonna.................     thumbsup BUT it does NOT mean you don't have to take things easy!.............  Chill out, you know it makes sense..  ;)

• Like 1

Exactly.  Take it easy Nonna.. you need to take time out to enjoy your good news. :)

Yesterday I 'Rug Doctored' the interior of my car.  Then, after she'd spent about 40 minutes emptyiing it of all the crud she fills it with, I did the same with Mrs Col's car.  A chap on my other favourite site commented that he'd 'have to shovel the gravel out', before cleaning his wife's car.  Mrs Col's was like the result of an unholy congress between a compost heap and a self-propelled skip.   :Shock:    It's better now...

Today I'm expecting delivery of a new bed.  Also going to finish 'rug doctoring' some soft furnishings and the carpet in the hallway.. Actually it's a small porch.. but 'hallway' sounds so much posher..

With any luck I may get to cut the grass too... but not with the Rug Doctor..  I'll use a mower.. :laugh:

Itching mostly kept at bay.. but I've developed exczema on my hands which is getting very irritating.  Trying to ignore it and hopefully it will settle if I get a few days clear of decorating, cleaning etc.

• Like 1
On 7/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, Jill Sparrow said:

Aren't there any blokes living near you Ben? 

Found a couple of blokes living near by Jill,, ones cutting me grass and the others mending me gate,,all as i type this,, nice folk round here,, but got funny accents,,  lol,

• Like 1

Got em both doing jobs for me,,so reckon they do Phil,,

Anyway,,I'm multi-lingual,,, lol,

Thank you all for your good wishes, it means a lot to me and I promise to take it easy. Still not heard from the hospital in Turin, but it's only 2 weeks since I had the pre recovery tests so I suppose it's still early but I wish it was soon.

Very pleased for you Nonna, does this mean I can start bullying you again ?  :shout:

• Like 1

IT'S OFFICIAL!  According to the met office, last Sturday Wick (Caithness) had the hotteest day of the year so far. Temperatures reached a heady 20.7°C. Phew!

I went out for a bit this morning, got back and let boys out. Went out with them and then noticed them both sniffing something in the (very long) grass. Thought it might be a bee so started going across to rescue it when I saw something run from them down the side of the conservatory and hide in (what is left - see older posts) of the blackberry bush. Couldn’t see anything so herded them both in. A bit later they asked to go out again and they again found something in the grass. When I got to them it was a baby sparrow so I got them off it - it was being thoroughly sniffed but not hurt - only for it to run and I couldn’t see where it was and was worried about treading on it. Anyway I managed to get them reluctantly in.

I kept an eye on where it was and saw the parents coming in to feed it through the afternoon so left it alone. Then they wanted to go out again I think really to have another inspection of their “find” more than anything else. My back garden is a triangular shape and it had moved right into the point behind the line post so luckily they didn’t see it. There were however two very anxious sparrow parents in the privet that overhangs my garden getting very concerned and swearing quite loudly.

Now they want to go out again having been fed and I don’t know if it is still in garden or not. If it is I don’t really want to touch it as the parents are looking after it and my boys won’t hurt it unless they or I accidentally stand on it and it is safe as no cats come into my garden having been seen off by my boys. I think I once read somewhere that you should leave baby birds where they are as long as they are safe so am in a bit of a quandary what to do.

This was supposed to be a relaxing afternoon with my podcasts and doing my new crochet project (just learned a new stitch) but has become quite stressful as I keep an eye on my new sparrow godson! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Finding baby birds - from the RSPB site:

Seeing baby birds on their own is perfectly normal, so there's no need to be worried. These fledglings are doing exactly what nature intended and left the nest deliberately a short while before they are able to fly.

However tempting, interfering with a young bird like this will do more harm than good. Fledglings are extremely unlikely to be abandoned by their parents. Just because you cannot see the adult birds does not mean that they are not there. The parents are probably just away collecting food - or are hidden from view nearby keeping a watchful eye, or even being frightened away from their youngster by your presence. Fledglings should be left where they are, in the care of their own parents.

Read more at https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/how-you-can-help-birds/injured-and-baby-birds/baby-birds/#ufADcHxFwUvZu0m9.99

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just had boys out again, he is quite safe where is so am leaving well alone and keeping them away. Not easy to do as he seems so vulnerable. Hopefully will see him fly away in a couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Beer brewing nicely and now it's time to get out and do a bit of weeding in the tunnel.....well, maybe a cup of tea first, eh? :)

Lily my black and white chihuahua found a lizard under her water bowl the other day ( ( I posted about it). Now when I changed her bowl I gave it a good wash as she was continually sniffing at it. Not one bit of good she still sniffs at it so I changed the bowl. It was ok for a day and a half now shes started again. The thing is as she sniffs at the bowl she continues to sniff in line with the walls or the furniture. I'm sure theres been some more lizards in the house but try and catch them.:wacko: You think you've got one but then it drops its tail and its away again. Years ago I was getting into bed and found one under my pillow. It was ages before I went back to sleeping in that bed. We have many things that come into the house during the summer that I walk round with my eyes looking down at the floor. A few years ago I was woken up by hearing banging, My husband found a snake in the bathroom and was trying to knock it out with his slipper. He finally got it and flushed it away in the toilet. We have quite a lot of snakes in the orchard at the back of the house. One day I was hoovering  the floor in the kitchen and knocked the skirting board which was a bit loose and out shot a baby snake. It frightened the life out of me. Managed to shoo it away and outside before the dogs got it.

• Upvote 1