How's your day?

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

FLY, I think you are a kind person, taking the little creature on his 'holidays'. I hope he/she made some new friends there ..... )

Think i mentioned this before,,but fly transporting a little creature a few miles,,reminded me of a few years ago,in the early hours driving along the A47 in Norfolk,,

Pulled in a lay by near Swaffam for a wee,,,got back in car and started driving,,when i noticed a large Rat sat on the passenger seat,,just casually cleaning itself,,frit me to death,,didnt know what to do,,back then the A47 was single track and it was too dangerous to stop,,eventually found another lay by,,got out abd the Rat did same,,giving me a squeak as it left,,like to think it was thanking me for the lift,,  lol 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I am finding myself creeping down the kitchen and peering through the patio doors into the conservatory to see if my giant arachnid has emerged from his hiding place. Nothing as yet. This begs the questions is he

a) digging his way into my kitchen

or

b) plotting his next move

I have now armed myself with a bigger plastic container. The internet says if you place the container in front of the spider and approach it from the rear it will run into the container. Right - If it is sat in the middle of the floor facing the patio doors and I have to approach it from the rear that means it is in between me and my means of escape. Plus it could run straight past the container and disappear into my kitchen which means I will be living in my conservatory. Doesn’t sound like much of a plan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My grandson and I used to dig up worms from one side of the garden and carry them to the

other side.  We called it giving the worms a little holiday... he was about 3 or 4 at the time.

@radfordred   I liked your snail story.  I never realised you understood snail language.    I  only understand a bit of cat language, although I don't speak it ...lol

@Stavertongirl   Have you tried asking it nicely to leave?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

To be quite honest it moves that quick we haven’t managed to have a conversation except for the odd expletives when it was clinging to the brush bristles.

• Like 2

I tried to be kind to an animal once.

We used to have a bit of trouble with mice, before I figured out that they were coming in under the door of the (integral) garage and then making their way into the house.  I blocked off all of their entry routes and we've had no bother since.

However.. the last mouse was a clever little so and so and defeated all attempts to catch it, until my youngest woke me early one morning to say she thought it was in her bedroom bin.  I'd already told her not to leave any food related items in her room, but it looked like the little mouse was drawn to her bin by an empty crisp packet. Nearest 'lid' for the bin was an old leather bag the young 'un had been playing with, so, holding this lid on I set off down stairs intending to take the mouse out in my car and dump it a mile or so down the road.  As I headed downstairs, the mouse made a determined bid for freedom and tried to climb out of a small gap between the 'lid' and the bin.  My automatic reaction was to move the lid over to close the gap.  Sadly, in a spectacularly ill-timed move, the mouse stuck his head fully out at the same time and I accidentally snapped his neck.  The look on his poor deceased little face was one of total surprise. 

I buried him in the garden.

58 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

The look on his poor deceased little face was one of total surprise. 

Is it any wonder? There he is  riding along thankful you haven't hurt him and the minute he tries to see where you're going you go all Queen of Hearts on it..      :mouse:

• Like 1

My wife's grandmother, Kate was lovely. She wasn't terribly active and kept the home where husband Alf was always out and about, busy in Players sports club as umpire for cricket and anything else he could stay out the way for. He appeared home at meal times and that's about it. He came home one time and noticed ants on the kitchen floor. 

"Kate. There's ants in this kitchen " .

"I know" she said. "I've asked em in for company"

• Like 5
3 hours ago, trogg said:

Wives have words sometimes that leave with no doubt on the error of your ways. LOL

I'm sure they are trained at their mothers knee Trogg. The look, the pursed lips etc all learned from an early age.

" Now see here young lady that's really annoyed your father...  another good way..."

• Like 1

Well i woke up with normal stiffness in my bones, feeling sorry for myself, then i  recalled the day before, outside next but one neighbour's was an ambulance, Margret our friend had just made 69 Tony her husband had sent for the ambulance, he thought she was having a stroke, the men would not let Tony go in the ambulance with her, he had to wait for a car to talk him,  sadly Margret passed away, so compared to this my aches are nothing. 

RIP Margret.

Sorry to hear the news about your neighbour, Mary.   I expect her husband will need a lot of  support after this sudden death.  Do they have children?

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Mary. As Jill says 69 nowadays isn't old. It so sad for her husband , a shock to say the least.

My neighbour went to the chemist to do a casual ecg . The results are immediately referred to the hospital and within an hour she was in A& E. They kept her in 3 days. She had no symptoms, only feeling tired. She hadn't fainted , felt nothing was wrong. You never know do you ? Maybe this heat is getting to everybody, I know its getting to me just at a time that I don't want it.

Had my oncology visit after all the confusion of appointments and report not being available. Consequences being because of the number of scars I have on my liver ( thermoablation) the onc is worried about one of them it has increased in size ( every scan I have had reveals these scars) so I now have to have  a P.E.T. scan. Hes trying to hurry it through because of this op I have to have on my back. Hes made my visit for results on August 2nd. Now hope the hospital doesn't call me until after then. I've said all along that things will clash. I'm so fedup.

Keep positive nonna, and you'll cope. I've every confidence in you ! 

Sorry about your neighbour Mary, especially at a relatively young age. I'm afraid it's all part of life though, we all must get on with it.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Mary, a good friend of mine died last week he was a day younger than me. It certainly makes you think, enjoy things now while you still can.

• Upvote 1

My sons are all like me in their "handiness" ie useless,,so I'm lucky my only son in law is brilliant,,

Hes been up this morning putting shelves up and other odd jobs,,Bungalow really feels like home already,,only ten houses on the street, met most of the others now and all seem very nice,,also very quiet area,,

Enjoy their accent and they are up for a bit of banter,,which is a bonus,,nearest shops and Wetherspoons are in Kirkby,,so soon be exploring,,used to know and work with a lot of Kirkby folk,,both at the Marsdens and the Coop,, might bump into some who knows,,

Just heard from oncology the P.E.T. scan has been booked for 23rd this month so they've been very quick. Pleased about that and they said in the meantime if I'm called to let them know and they'll make another appointment. Feel a bit more relaxed about it now. Sort of:mellow:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Pleased to hear your settling in after your move up North, you will find they are a friendly bunch despite the rumours of the heathens up North. I am positive someone will recognise you and want to renew friendships, be careful though some Northern husbands can be a handful. lol

• Like 3

NonnaB I understand your frustrations but these things will sort themselves out and the medics have your best interest at heart, keep your chin up and smile , we are all thinking of you.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, trogg said:

Pleased to hear your settling in after your move up North,  I am positive someone will recognise you and want to renew friendships,

Ben is recognised wherever he goes. His past is infinite. We will never know the full story; it would cause the internet to crash.

• Like 4

Best wishes from me too Nonna, also sorry to hear about your neighbour Mary, such a shock for her family.  

I’ve had a busy few days as my husband has been in Ontario for 5 days, attending his eldest sister’s funeral. She was only 82 but had suffered with lots of health issues for a few years.  So apart from having to deal with my own chores I’ve been doing all the jobs my husband does.  At least I’ve got my ‘step count’ up these past few days by regularly walking Jack.  Anyroad-up, yesterday my feet hardly touched the ground.  I walked the dog a couple of miles, then shot over to my Wollaton dentist to have a spot of ‘deep root cleaning’ ....... yes it’s just as horrible as it sounds, and this was the second session in the past two weeks.  Mind you, the prior injections are the painful bit to be honest.  Was only home 10 minutes and got a call from QMC to go and collect a neighbour who’d had a shoulder operation in the morning.  This chap is a 79 year old highly intelligent intellectual bachelor with no family.  The other week he’d asked if he could stay with us overnight after his operation, whenever it was going to be.  No problem we said, but I didn’t realise I’d be dealing with him on my own!  He’s got to keep his right arm in a sling for 6 weeks which is going to be so difficult for him.  Anyway, I woke up at 7.30 this morning and discovered that he’d gone home, leaving no evidence at all that he’d stayed the night.  I phoned him to check he was ok and apparently he’d had a bad night with the pain and cleared off at 6am.  My husband arrived home at 9 and all he’s done since then is doze in front of the telly.  Hopefully normality can be resumed but I’ll have to keep an eye on the neighbour.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

It keeps you fit, and mentally alert Lizzie, that's for sure.

Lizzie awake, up and about at 7:30  :Shock: now I know the world has finally gone mad..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1