How's your day?

Civilisation as we know it will never be the same again !

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Had to just drop in in to say keep your collective chins up.  Certainly a lot of trials going on these days.  I'm thinking of all of you.

It has been nice to keep reading your posts.  It's been nice on here just lately.  I'm still lurking around the dog house.  Trying to get my bp meds sorted out.  Another docs apptmt Friday to do some more whining and growling.  Come to think of it maybe I should go and see Jake's vet.  He seems pretty good.

My probs are minor compared to some of yours.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Yes, I’ll second that Loppy. The site has reverted to being a more pleasant institution recently!

Hope that's not kiss-o-death, Phil.

4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

It has been nice to keep reading your posts.  It's been nice on here just lately. 

I'm pretty certain you aren't alone with that sentiment Loppy !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

We have just spent 10 days on Holy Island so peaceful and quiet, I can recommend a visit if you need to recharge your batteries. To all of you feeling unwell I hope your feeling better soon,  to the rest of you who are fit make sure you stay that way.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

It keeps you fit, and mentally alert Lizzie, that's for sure.

Not sure whether you’re right there FLY, this chap is so incredibly intelligent that most things he talks about go right over my head.  Last evening he was trying to educate me about a lady called Mrs Humphry Ward, a best-selling British novelist in the early 1900s.  The conversation came about when we were discussing the area I lived in before moving back to Nottingham 15 years ago.  This lady lived at Stocks in Aldbury, Hertfordshire, a village not far from our old home.   Many years later Victor Lownes of the Playboy empire lived in the house with a few of his playmates!  He was filling my tiny brain with so many facts, I think he said Mrs Humphrey Ward was a big player in the suffragette movement.  I’ve needed a quiet day today!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's nowt to do wi owt , but just bin informed I've become a great uncle again ! My nephew and his partner have just had their second daughter today. They are a Notts couple, living in Bunny. So  er' indoors and I have another connection to Nottingham. Made our day, so there !!  :jumping:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

After all the upheaval of moving,,wifes decided to go away for a few days and recuperate,, which leaves me with a dilemma,, 

Do i go in town on the pull or invite one of my new lady neighbours round to entertain?  Suggestions welcome,,

The first option, well, you don't know what you're getting, and the second option, well those that don't get an invite may get jealous and snitch.

Forget it Ben. Stick with your books and CD's ! 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Take the third option Ben and stick to Nottstalgia, trust me it's a lot safer.

Or the fourth option...but it's too late now.

Organise a 'Flash mob" Nottstalgia meet-up somewhere nearby. When does she get back ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yeah ! Party at Bens ! :rotfl: