How's your day?

Hope your daughter is ok Kath. We had a couple of stormsĀ for 2 days running . Our roads were flooded for a while but the thing we expected didn't happen . Hail stones big as golf balls and sometimes tennis balls. Our temperature went down 15 degrees but now its just as hot as ever. The weather is crazy everywhere.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hands up if you hate computers! I have just reparied yet another faulty connector in mine. I also thought I might just clean the keyboard - big mistake. The "N" key now keeps jamming and the remainder are stiff. Oh well, back to the drawing board, as they say.......

Ā 

Apple Mac is the way to go. The one I'm typing on is an iMac 20" bought around 2008. The only thing I've addedĀ is a memory upgrade. Totally trouble free.Ā I've used Macs ever since they came into the UK both for business and home use. I did aĀ have PC when the kids were at university so they could use it in the holidays but I found it more 'involved' than the Mac. I do prefer Excel to the Mac spreadsheets though.

A mac would be nice but the intiial outlay is very high, Phil. Maybe a sceond-hand one wouldĀ do the job?

Ā 

An add-on keyboard will work on a laptop either plugged into a USB port (assuming a USB keyboard) or via Bluetooth.

Ā 

My beard isn't unkempt. Being trimmed once a month keeps it very kempt so much so that it doesn't dip into my soup.

• Like 1

I suppose the problem in living where you do (although I envy you) is that you just canā€™t go down the road and get hands on with anything. Although I live in the countryside itā€™s not that far from civilisation and Iā€™ve got Argos, Currys and all the other sheds within a half hour drive. Certain things you canā€™t buy on line - you do need to get the ā€˜feelā€™ of them.

Although I live in the back of beyond, there are a number of computer stores in the surrounding countryside. French commerce is different to that of Britain in that businesses seem to just appear at the roadside in the middle of nowhere.

Ā 

The map on this link gives an indication:

https://www.google.com/search?q=grasse+computer+stores&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=43633100,6939957,2507&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwjY_p695-bjAhXLilwKHbffBssQjGp6BAgKEDg&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:!1m2!1d43.75597601679276!2d7.124935433203063!2m2!1d43.65396976612588!2d6.842037483984313!4m2!1d43.704994588585365!2d6.983486458593688!5i12

Ā 

Le Bar Sur Loup (where I live) is just above centre.

Ā 

There is Amazon, of course.

6 hours ago, Compo said:

Hands up if you hate computers! I have just reparied yet another faulty connector in mine. I also thought I might just clean the keyboard - big mistake. The "N" key now keeps jamming and the remainder are stiff. Oh well, back to the drawing board, as they say.......

Ā 

Ā 

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnot a problem.

• Like 2

Been over four years since i cycled and nearly a year since my major op,,obviously completly unfit,,

However gave it a go just now,,only did couple of miles,,felt sick and wobbled a bit,,but at least i did it,,made me feel better in myself,,gonna make it my early morning routine,,,,any of you ladies want a Croggie,,?? Ā Lol

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

You can try all you like Ben , but you're only getting one like !

• Like 1

Don't do owt by halves cliff tonĀ  Ā lol,,, sorry,,,it was on me phone and did'nt think it had registered........thanks,,,Ā 

edit,, and thanks for saving me likes.........

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Careful on 'yer bike Ben...Ā  Don't overdo it.

Ā 

Meanwhile, here it is getting cloudier by the minute and now down to about 18 C.Ā  Guess I'll just have to do something useful instead of lounging in the garden 'Au Naturel'. :(

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Don't do owt by halves cliff tonĀ  Ā lol,,, sorry,,,it was on me phone and did'nt think it had registered........thanks,,,

Ā 

All the best people do it Ben...

4 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Don't do owt by halves cliff tonĀ  Ā lol,,, sorry,,,it was on me phone and did'nt think it had registered........thanks,,,

Ā 

All the best people do it Ben...

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Just kidding....Ā  :laugh:

• Like 1

Biked again this morning,,just back,,legs aching so must be doing me good,,,its giving me the chance to explore off the beaten track,,,you tend not to notice much driving in your car.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Today came across West Park,,,quite large and the site of the former Pit,,, a map of the area and the locations of different parts of the Colliery was also interesting showing where everything was in 1960,,,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā My first game of football for City Boys,,,was about 1956 against East Kirkby boys,,,at Kirkby,,so must have been the other side of town,,making it my mission to find the venue if it still exists.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā I was 10 or 11 when i played there,,,still remember catching a Trent Bus on my own,,caught the bus on Hucknall road near Basford Hospital ,early one saturday morning,,imagine a Ten year old doing that today,,,still recall the game quite clearly,,i played left half and we won 6-0,,,thought i was the next Ference Puskas,,,,who remembers him ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1