How's your day?

It's the same at the Grand Canyon. Fences along the rim, and some idiot will climb over to be near the edge for a better view. I don't mind these idiots doing this, fall at your own risk, but some take their kids with them. What are they teaching them? 

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Same in the Rockies in Canada.  You come around a curve and here's a bunch of cars stopped halfway into the lane.  After you've managed to brake without hitting somebody,  you see a bunch of idjits tossing cookies to a big black bear.  Little do they seem to realize that if that bear runs out of cookies he could easily nail somebody.  Never ceases to amaze.

It was on the local news last year about a stupid youth who was in Wollaton Park hugging a deer that was sitting peacefully.

One swing of its neck, and it's antlers could have ripped his eyes / throat  / guts out ! 

19 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Stupid people StavGirl.  So many times the public have been told to keep well away from the deer, I’ve seen it mentioned in the local papers and on the TV, I honestly think that some idiots don’t believe the warnings are directed at them.   

I think it's simpler than that. They do not see or hear the warnings. Those types of idiots don't watch or listen to News, or read papers.  Many can't read, or can only do so while moving their lips.  Reading.. of anything.. is something they only do if forced to. They live in a parallel world.

Becoming to think catching lizards is going to be my "favourite" pastime. Caught another two this morning on the wall next to the freezer. Knocked them down again into the ice box and thought " thats the way to do it" . Its easier than searching under and inside the bed. I don't know where they are coming from. The other day coming through the front door I saw a quick movement and thought it was another baby lizard but my daughter saw it later and told me it was a tiny mouse. It had disappeared into a space so narrow between the edge of the skirting board and the corner when the door is closed. We sat on the stairs waiting for it to emerge. It did a couple of times but soon shot back. At the end I got a small piece of broken tile , put glue on it and went away. We 've not seen it since so think it must have sneaked out when we weren't there. Don't mind lizards but mice , no, however tiny.

14 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

Ah, the Darwinian death theory. Stops the idiots passing their genes on.

This one from the Darwin Awards website definitely could not pass his genes on

(27 Nov 2018, Arizona) The Buckeye Police Department reports that a man accidentally shot his own sausage while shopping in the meat aisle at Walmart. Arizona law does not require a permit (nor a holster for that matter) to carry a firearm, so our hero felt free to carry his piece "commando-style" (unholstered) beneath his waistband. When the unholstered gun drifted down into his jeans, he reached in and pulled the trigger while repositioning his weapon. This loose cannon's low hanging fruit didn’t have a chance. Firearm supporters can add this event to the arsenal of ammunition against gun control. Guns really do make a difference.

• Like 3

Phil, Some other puns from the site are :-

"So he went off half-cocked?" -J.Petry
"After this he will be definitely shooting blanks." -I.Titi
"His barrel was shortened that day." -A.Yuan
"Friends call him 'snubnose' now."
"He's not half the man he used to be." -D.Webb
"Clean up on Aisle 4." -M.Miller

Well, Mrs Compo comes back today. I've had a wonderful week of peace and quiet on my own - it's been great but whatever you do don't tell her!  Over the course of the week I have managed to trim all the hedges, all the grass, prune a big scyamore tree, sow poppies iin the local hedgerows, collect Parasol mushrooms in the local woods, remove part of a knuckle witih the petrol powered hedge cutter and almost break my shin whilst stamping on the stepladder to make it secure in the ground (I missed and shinned it into the ground). I've enjoyed a few pints in 'Spoons, organized a new sim  for my phone, vacuumed and done the washing and shopping.  I have also made an internal reducer for my home-made Pullman style bread tin, Got stuck on the sit-on mower by reversing into a fence and jamming my steel toecapped welly between fence and mower pedal and repaired the fuel lines on the peetrol hedge cutter. All-in-all a pleasant week.

• Like 2

Only about 50% cloud here and it's actually warm when cloudy and warmer again when the Sun pops out.  First time for what seems like months.  :tanning:

I suppose you lot in the East Migglunds 'rain shadow' will all be basking in unbroken sunshine. ...:angry:

The weather's a bit naff here. Only 24 deg and it's been raining on and off. It seems that the UK weather is much better than here for today and for the whole weekend. I'm not tempted to come over, though.

Very warm and sunny here. We came over on your side on Monday but as soon as we crossed the Pennines the gloom hung over Manchester. I was supposed to be a passenger in my son's light aircraft trial flight out of Blackpool but it was called off. We did get fish and chips though and the flight has been rescheduled for the week after next. How you lot put up with all that rain day after day I just don't know!

Sitting in the sun, suppin' tea here in the West Migglunds. Might do a bit of 'Basking' in a bit, if this beautiful blue sky hangs around for a bit longer. Oh what a life. Just love this retirement thingy. Enjoy the day where ever you all are.:biggrin:

• Like 9

I finished my tea and laid back in my recliner to drift off into oblivion. What a lovely day. Suddenly I felt a tickle on my arm and without looking, I  just brushed the insect off. Back to oblivion, aaaah. Felt another tickle on my face. This time I looked and saw a flying ant. That's OK, one or two ants don't scare me. Feeling quite itchy by now, particularly on my legs and a little thought popped into my thoughts..........OH NO, Flying Ant Day. I'm covered in them. The lawn is alive. The lawn is like a 'Silver coloured life force of its own'. That's the end of my 'Basking' before it even began. Oh Hum! Has any one else got them today?:faint:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1