• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Was at Kings mill hospital again  this morning for Consultation........in the Costa Coffee near the entrance after,,lady volunteer came over to me,,

''Oh hello'' (all smiles lovely lass) i can see you've had what my husband had'''   oh right says me,,how is he? ''he passed away last year,,'''

Thanked her for the info'' and rushed back to the counter for another Double espresso''' with an Ash tray........lol

• Like 8

Certainly am Jill.....they getting to know me,,,will be back there on Saturday,,and they will know me even better ,,Having Ultra-scan and Camera inserted into delicate parts.........think i'm in love again....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Had one of them at City Hospital when i was 18,,,,,was in for a week for it back then....But my Girlfriend Katrina from Carlton came to see me every night........and we had a fag and a cuddle in the corridor,,,outside of Edward one ward.

Reckon my Hernia was caused from lifting all them CWT(112 LBS) Barrels of Tub butter for Marsdens,,,,

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Beekay said:

If anybody is interested, and no reason why you should be. But it's  my 54th wedding anniversary tomorrow, 4th.sept.

"CONGRATULATIONS" Beekay  you must have married in 1965 lets have a double celebration 

it will be my 54th on October 9th  (My Wedding Anniversary) just in case some one gets confused and thinks that i mean Birthday

"Even the train robbers did not serve that long"

Just had my first anniversary cuppa tea from 'er indoors. Got half way down the cup and voila got a mouthful of tea leaves,  courtesy of a burst tea bag !! Happy day to you too darling.

I'm  76 CT, not 66. Married in 1965, born in 1943. Was nearly 22 when I  got married. I would have looked a right plonker if i wed in shorts, aged 12.smile2

sorry CT, I've  just re read your post and realised you meant you were at junior school and not me.

which makes you a young whippersnapper. Happy days son.

• Like 2

Cheers for that one Phil., made me feel a whole better. Think I'll go and find a dark room, it's not nice to see a man cry.

First venture into good old Bulwell since moving mid June,,,,,lovely atmosphere saw and spoke to many old friends,,,ey-ups everywhere,,,

Bumped into a lady iv'e known since school and Locarno nights,,,she married an old friend of mine over 50 years ago,,still together,,put my arm round her and told her ''never mind'' she hit me with her walking stick.......lol,,

Also went in ''Wethers'' for breakfast,, same in there,, all old friends and Ey-ups..............offered to Dance with another lady from my teenage years,,,but she wouldn't due to no music......told her ''don't need music me and you'''............Wife interfered and said  ''just get me another Coffee'''

Lovely Morning,,

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I decided today to change my bedroom. I was in the front one which is slightly bigger but never felt settled in it really, probably as this was the one with the awful smell (covered by a very pungent air freshener when I moved into the house) and I discovered a lot of black mood over the outside wall which has now gone thanks to my PIV unit. 

Measured up to make sure the double bed would go in and got started. Moving the single bed was easy, got it propped up out of the way in the front bedroom and moved the wardrobe units in the back bedroom (luckily it’s 3 separate units) only one of them tried to topple over but managed to get them where I wanted. Only broke one nail. 

Managed to eventually get double mattress in, thought at one point it was going to have to stay in the bathroom but after much pushing, shoving and kicking I got it in back bedroom. The bed base however was not as accommodating. I got it out the front bedroom but then it got wedged against the bannister and the wall. The flipping thing would not move forward or back plus I was stuck behind it. B***er. 

Then I remembered I could undo some screws and it would bend in the middle, so I managed to half squeeze half crawl out and went to get a screwdriver.

Decided to make a cup of tea whilst I was rummaging in the drawer for the said screwdriver ( bearing in mind that I was hot, somewhat p****d off and thinking I would have to put everything back) I discovered a ciggie packet with one in it. Found screwdriver and went into front room with tea and ciggie packet. Took ciggie out and smelt it, then put it back and drank my tea. Thought about it for at least a minute and then “chased the dragon”. It was soooooo good, sat back, closed my eyes and relished every bit of it. 

With renewed vigour I went upstairs, dismantled bed and managed to get it in back bedroom, unfortunately wrong way round so can’t have headboard on, but it is in. Need a nap now, front bedroom can wait I will sort it out another day.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1