How's your day?

SG are you sure you've not slipped a disc? Thats how I managed to worsen mine by picking a double mattress up and throwing it on the floor after my mum insisted there was a mouse inside. Normally I wouldn't be strong enough to even slide it off the bed but I was soooo angry as this story had gone on for about a month, looking in the bed drawers and even between the sheets.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Thought about it for at least a minute and then “chased the dragon”. It was soooooo good, sat back, closed my eyes and relished every bit of it. 

I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you.......... I stopped a week before Christmas.... I could still smoke one and quite cheerfully murder you for that last cigarette, the craving is still strong and for reasons I'd rather not get into chewing gum has to be rationed...

• Upvote 1

Sorry about that Brew, know the feeling vaping just doesn’t cut it either.

Don’t think I have hurt my back, perhaps tomorrow will tell if I have. My hands are sore, my wrist hurts a bit but I was told I have a squashy (technical term from a consultant in Doncaster) wrist so it should ease off. Couple of bruises on my arms, probably from when I was escaping from behind the bed base. Broke a couple of nails which is a pain but otherwise unscathed.

We all say it, congratulations and well done, dunno why, your daughter did all the hard work!  :P Any way congrats Grandad and a well done to daughter bless her...

• Like 1

Ben, congratulations on your latest grandchild.   How many grandchildren/great grandchildren do you have now?   We only have six grandchildren ranging from age 22 down to 8.   

Been looking after the next to youngest today as she was sick after her breakfast so couldn't go to school,  but she's been bright as a button since.  We've watched several episodes of some American rubbish that she likes on TV, played dominoes, rummy and knockout whist, had a lot of banter (she's very funny) and did some drawing.   She also read her book for half an hour "Danny, Champion of the World" by Roald Dahl.  I remember her dad reading that one when he was little..

• Like 2

There are sites and organisations that arrange surrogate grandparents BK though I do realise it may a bit sensitive for you..

I might be a bit too old for an adoption society dont you think? When Tina and I  last went to Disneyland Paris, we always made sure we stood in a queue next to some little kids, then it Didn't  look too bad, a couple of old f..ts waiting to go on Peter Pan.

In this day and age I really wouldn't recommend doing that...    Age UK, netmums, gransnet..depends how serious you are..

Been worried a couple of weeks,,Doctor sent me for tests.........Last saturday was down the throat  all ok,,,,back at Kings Mill today for tests ''Up the jacksie'''  relieved to say all ok............today was '''Uncomfortable'' to say the least......but they said i was very brave,,,even made me a strong coffee after,,

Thanks again NHS............

Edit,, looked out for you Jill,,,would have bought you and friend a coffee.................

• Like 1

Could have murdered one BK,(fag),,,Was pleasantly surprised when Nurse offered Coffee,,,and she made it just right,,,2 spoons nescafe in tiny cup,,no sugar or milk,,,went down a treat,,not had any all day or food.......

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

2 spoons nescafe in tiny cup,,no sugar or milk

Good grief Ben - do you drink it or paint the fence with it?  …   :P 

Hope the results come back OK..

• Like 2

Results were good Brew,,,,thanks for asking,,,they tend to tell you on the day now,,,as well as watching the whole procedure on screen,,,

:blink:

Not an instant man meself, since i bought a coffee machine, I  like to chew my coffee. Glad all went well for you Ben.

Can I  ask, is that cheeky smile on your Avatar you?