• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

For years I’ve been drinking ‘proper’ coffee, grinding the beans and brewing it in a cafetière in the traditional manner. Recently, after having seen a commercial on TV, I tried Taylor’s of Harrogate coffee bags. It’s proper roast coffee in a bag, hermetically sealed in foil. I must admit it does taste genuine and it cuts out all the faff and disposal of the grounds down the sink. I like the ‘Rich Italian’ strength 4. I think I’m going to drag myself into the 21st. Century! I do have a fancy espresso machine but it sits on the shelf with all the other gadgets that seemed like a good idea at the time! 

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Could have murdered one BK,(fag),,,Was pleasantly surprised when Nurse offered Coffee,,,and she made it just right,,,2 spoons nescafe in tiny cup,,no sugar or milk,,,went down a treat,,not had any all day or food.......

I bet you chatted her up as well, eh?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

looked out for you Jill,,,would have bought you and friend a coffee........

Looked out for you too Ben. 7.45 drop off in day case unit,next door along from endoscopy. Thought of you. Trip round Morrison's. Didn't lift anything!

3PM pick up. Have you tried one of those go backwards wheelchairs? They're a nightmare in the car park!

Would have loved a coffee!  He's in quite a lot of pain tonight and has just had 2 paracetamol! His first in over 40 years. Not a tablet taker. 

Glad today's over and thrilled to hear your news, Ben!

• Like 2

Phil, I  can recommend the Tassimo machines. They use sealed pods. I tend to go for Colombian and i get latte machiato for 'er indoors. I sometimes put an extra espresso shot in with mine. Instant stuff has never tasted the same since, so I  don't  buy it. Cheers!

You can still buy .loose tea Phil, but it seems rather expensive. We've  still got a glass Bodum teapot, with bulit in strainer. Even got a bottle of Camp coffee, but that's  nearly all chicory. Last time I  had one of those it was in a tin mug with condensed milk, at Chatham dockyard, salute to the 40s.

I don't either Phil  LOL,,, Wasn't thinking of that one,,,no never heard of Bushells,,,,the other one did begin with B,,,,