• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Marsdens sold all three,,,about 1960...Camp the most popular came in 3 sizes....1/6....2/9   and Cafe size 5/3.........Bon made by Brooke Bond  1/4.....Bev made by the Lyons Tea people  1/3.............all prices subject to alteration depending on memory........lol

Coffee from coffee machines never tastes the same, it's not bad but if you want a good coffee, here at least go to a bar. The blend of coffee and the coffee beans are ground according to the weather ( dampness etc) I have a Dolce Gusto machine. I don't like the coffee in any of its form but the cappuccino and choccocino is quite good.

On the other hand today I had to go to Alba ( 20 mins away) when I got out of the car there was such a strong smell of chocolate.

I immediately thought of Carni. The smell was coming from the Ferraro factory and they were obviously making some of their treats. Wonderful smell.

No I didn't actually. Maybe they'll start making treacle toffee , then I'll ask them if they have to have the treacle sent from British corner shop like I do, cos we can't find it her.

My day so far is OK.  Not brilliant.. but OK.  I'm about to do some pruning and tidying, followed by going for a swift walk. Later I'll continue cataloguing all of y CDs to my new music server.  I'm also intending to convert much of my best vinyl to digital and putting it on my 'server' for 'casual' listening.  Also, either later today, or tomorrow, I will resume weight training.

Next week I will also resume my regular weekly swims.

Well I'm busy sunning on the patio, having packed ready for my holiday in Tuscany tomorrow. Just perusing the brochure for next year, and Lake Constance, Bavaria and Leichstenstein are looking extremely favourable. 

It’s been quite a week for me, since by big birthday.  Last Sunday we flew to Venice from Gatwick, so due to logistical issues we drove to Victoria Station in London, left the car in a ‘secure car-park’ and caught the Gatwick Express to the airport for a lunchtime flight.  We were collected in proper James Bond style at the other end and transported to our hotel in a speedboat.  The hotel was fabulous and we spent 3 nights there while we ‘did’ Venice in perfect weather.  

On Wednesday morning James Bond collected us and took us to the railway station where we boarded the Orient Express for a journey through N Italy, Austria, Switzerland and France to Calais.  Then it was onto a luxury coach through the Channel Tunnel to Folkestone and a transfer onto the British Pullman train up to Victoria Station.  It was all eating and drinking on that journey, breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea and dinner ......far too much rich food and I don’t (in fact I can’t) eat that much.  

On arrival at Victoria yesterday early evening we spotted our cases waiting on the platform (the train cabins are a bit tight so all the cases go separately to London)  We grabbed the cases and dashed off round the corner to the car park, set off towards home and got a phone call to say we’d forgotten a piece of luggage!  We drove back and my husband dropped me off outside the station while I collected the bag, having quickly decided where we’d meet in 5 mins.  Half an hour later I’m still standing there, no phone on me, no money and holding a heavy bag.  I asked a nice young man if I could borrow his phone!  Turned out the one-way system etc didn’t help the situation. We eventually arrived home just before 11 last night.  We certainly slept well last night.  

• Like 4

you'll enjoy that Fly I've just got back from Tuscaney and loved every minuet of it.

We stayed in Montecatini and visited Florence, Pisa, Lucca and San- Gimignano (spelling)

I don't think I would visit Pisa again but all the rest were great. 

• Upvote 1

Glad you enjoyed it Sue. Same here except Montecatini, but we do Elba .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Well,  Oood want to visit a place where the tower's fallin' dahn?  Woss than Skeggy!  :biggrin:

We are here at Skeggy for the next two weeks. Some things a bit dilapidated but all still standing. Will  keep my eyes open for owt falling down, doubt if we will see a tower though?:biggrin:

• Like 1

Cheeky. Lol. Will be cycling towards Mablethorpe today. We are interested to see if the route has been opened up along the sea front so we can stay off the roads, it can be a little bit dangerous on the bends with the speed some drivers reach. We haven't completed the run for a few years, it is approx 35miles, with only a few actually on the roads, will be interesting to see how far we get. So long as there are a few cafes on the way 'We will be happy'.:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, carni said:

We are interested to see if the route has been opened up along the sea front so we can stay off the roads, it can be a little bit dangerous on the bends with the speed some drivers reach.

The cycle way has been opened up all the way to Sandilands. Lovely run, only real hazards are all the new cyclists on the hire bikes. 

Have fun

• Like 1

All you need is a caff' with an old jukebox.

One of my memories is late 50s with Paul Anka singing 'Dianna'.

I'm so young and you're so old

This my darlin' I've been told

I don't care just what they say...........    Where's the choir?

All from my remarkable memory.  Ooh needs Google?:biggrin:

• Like 1