How's your day?

Trogg, I'm sorry that the lawn mower isn't  the right one for you, but that certainly isn't YOUR fault... you couldn't possibly have known that it would move too quickly and cause you pain and discomfort in your back, legs and shoulders!   

I hope your son will be able to cut the grass for you in the future x

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

This type of fixed engine speed mower isn’t uncommon. Whilst most of my mowing is done with a lawn tractor I do have a walk behind Toro with a constant speed engine. It senses your walking speed and the traction speeds up and slows down accordingly. I think something must be at fault; you shouldn’t have to run behind a motor mower.

• Like 1

My old mower had all the same features but it also had a throttle which suited me fine, but it was very old and always breaking down, when I saw this one I thought it was ideal, as I said this one cuts the grass great, the battery fits in your hand and there is no need to prime the engine.

For several years the wife has been telling me to get some one to do it for me, but I resisted , I don't need anyone to cut my lawn I am still man enough to do it, I whispered I  will get someone in now, I cant let her think she was right I have to preserve my pride.

• Like 1

About 40 years ago we had a couple of Atco petrol lawnmowers, he thinks a 14” and an 18”, one inherited and one acquired from somewhere or other. He couldn’t keep up with them and had to run along behind them (not a problem for a 30 something young man at that time).  He entered them in a Lawnmower Race in Banbury which was our local town in those days, but wasn’t allowed to race them as he couldn’t disconnect the blades smile2

• Like 3
14 hours ago, trogg said:

Phil thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it in the future , but I think most of the problems are due to it being a more powerful engine and my mobility problems.

Until I get my hip repaired I also have similar problems. We could have a lot of fun sorting it! :biggrin:

IMG-20180326-185118.jpg

Found the picture I was looking for. I made the picture into a card for the lads birthday, at his mums request. He won this race!!

• Upvote 1

Phil I know what you mean by having fun, but it has come to that stage in life I have to reluctantly accept my limitations. After a lifetime of teaching my self how to do things myself my body has called time. Both shoulders have been replaced , one twice and waiting for the other one to be done again , my spine worn out with the nerves affecting both legs and arms, one knee replaced  and stomach problems also recently kidney cancer I have decided to call it a day.   I am the worlds worst for accepting help, I have always done things for myself ,relying on myself all the time, my wife calls me a stubborn, awkward, independent old ********,  trouble is she is not wrong .   

When I brought the mower I naturally thought it had a throttle , the old school in me, don't all engines have throttles?,  I am in contact with the suppliers to see if a throttle can be retro fitted. But I have now been convinced after cutting the lawn that I have to swallow my pride and let other people to do these tasks for me. But thanks for the offer.

• Like 1

Must admit trogg.....despite my major surgery last year and everything that goes with it.....i am lucky,,no trouble with joints,,can still Jog,,Cycle and do most physical activities,,all be it much slower and not for as long,,so my heart goes out to you,,,

I now let others to do any heavy lifting etc,,,and as i said earlier ,,bloke up the road cuts me grass,,with his own mower,,,hes 20 years younger than me (fair enough,he's only got one leg,,but hes very fit) i enjoy watching him,,sat on the Patio with me Coffee.

Never been any good at DIY,,,and need someone to put some shelves up,,plus a very large Mirror,,,would ask one of my Sons but they are as useless as me,,,probably ask my Mower man if hes any good at them sort of things,,,bet he is...............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben that's going to be me in the future, sit back and watch others work. Have just changed my log fire to a coal fired one, even though a close friend cuts trees down for a living and logs were always in plentiful supply, it was getting dangerous for me with my chain saw cutting them down to size , my arms did not always move the way I wanted. after a few close calls the chainsaw has gone.

From now on its going to be coffee and crumpets( pyklets) at 11.00hrs and coffee and cakes at 15.00hrs.

I have looked at an electric bike, I might have to buy one now to fill all my spare time so I do not annoy the other half any more than what I do now, I seem to spend more and more time in the spare bedroom now, LOL

• Like 1