How's your day?

I bought an electric bike a few weeks ago but because of my arthritis I can't get on it. All those who have ridden it say how great it is. When I've plucked up the courage to get my hip done I shall try it out. I do have a static exercise bike which I can mount but more than five minutes pedalling becomes incredibly boring.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Same here Phil.............Bane of my life is Boredom............miss work and all the travelling,,and interaction with different people,,,

Even though I’ve been retired for many years I still miss not going to work everyday. I loved the stress and the hassle and the problem solving. I’ve got plenty to do round here but I can just please myself when I do it. There’s no real motivation other than the pursuit of happiness and I’m not very good at that!

• Like 1

Get yer paints and brushes out Phil, try watercolour. Either from life or photographs, makes no difference as long as your doing something. Had my sister in law qnd hubby down last week and she's  thrilled to bits with the bathtub I'd  painted. She's  furiously looking for a milk churn for me to paint, and not a little one but full size. Heaven help me.

• Like 1

Is not that I haven’t got anything to do Barrie. With a few acres of agricultural land and garden it’s a problem to keep up with everything. At the end of the day there’s no financial return in it for me and that has been my lifelong motivation. What a sad life I’ve lived. :biggrin:

Hope  you manage to find one Beekay, unfortunately I had had no luck (just as I thought).

We visited a farm shop who had painted some green with ears of corn others with cows and chickens.

• Like 1

Trogg you have my admiration for keeping on keeping on as you do. One point though. you are almost bionic now so next time round ask them to fit you with a throttle so you can keep up!   Simples      :P

• Like 1

My admiration goes to all but especially Paul and Trogg, for 'keeping on keeping on..'  As for boredom though.  I'm never bored.  I'm usually happy enough with my own company and if I have nothing physical to do I can be happy listening to music or whatever.  I try to achieve one useful thing every day.  Might be as small as tidying summat up, or cutting the grass, or whatever.  The rest of the time I potter, or go for a short walk, or whatever. Incidentally I'm seeing the Doc tomorrow about why my legs seem to be failing me.  Still awaiting tests for the other stuff.

And Trogg.. I've not forgotten about trying to get a trip to Henry Whipple for a look around.  That would be fab.  If I can sort it, I'll pick you up etc.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

That makes five of us will be there to tell RR where he's going wrong and how it should be done!

Grass cutting by committee, what can possibly go wrong?    thumbsup

Maybe we could organise bus trips to view. A bit like the National Trust.

Or better still, a meet up in the garden. Perhaps Trogg could do tea and scones.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, philmayfield said:

Even though I’ve been retired for many years I still miss not going to work everyday. I loved the stress and the hassle and the problem solving. I’ve got plenty to do round here but I can just please myself when I do it. There’s no real motivation other than the pursuit of happiness and I’m not very good at that!

I missed business too Phil, even though I had lots to do with cycling, fishing and renovating a cottage. Anyway, to keep my mind active I started a Ltd company on my 80th birthday last year. I'm really enjoying the R&D work and preparing to get products ready to sell. Only a tiny business but who knows? :biggrin:

• Like 3

Thanks for the offers but I have been informed that I am now banned from the lawn mower and my son who lives 200yds away will be doing it, in return my wife will be doing his washing and ironing. Its a sign of the times once I used to be able to do things and make decisions now I am just an onlooker.

PS several years ago my trusty strimmer broke, it was years old so I purchased the  best I could all gadgets on it so the plants wouldn't be damaged , rollers to keep the cut straight, levers all over to adjust height and cutting angles it was the bees knees, only one problem it was too heavy for my back. As the wife has just said you done it again you daft old sod. I hate it when she is right.

Thank you Lizzie darlin, but what does one research and develop in the autumn of ones life?

Did think it might be rythm and dance.;)

Sorry Trogg for all the problems you've had and are having. Despite all the problems that have come my way ( uninvited) it makes mine seem like a common headache. It very difficult when you've been used to doing everything yourself then having to force yourself to hang back. It's then that you look back and think what have I done to deserve it. I can think of loads of things that on looking back , I shouldn't have done. Sit back even for a while and have another coffee.

• Like 6

Hey Trogg - we may lose our physical ability but if we have respect from others and retain out self esteem who cares?

Last week I really struggled to keep up with the rest of our fishing group in the Highlands. Thought I may need helicoptering in at one stage. Just kept falling down trying to circumnavigate a wild Loch in a gale....but I (hopefully) retained respect for trying in spite of being a bit silly taking it on. 

Think it's safe to say that you have a lot of respect on here :cool:

• Like 4