• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Often wondered what bait you would use to fish for flys.Ā :(Ā must be tiny hooks and rod too. What do you do when you'veĀ  caught a fly? Does one stuff it and put it in a glass case or photograph it and put it back?

It'sĀ  tongue in cheek, before anybody extracts the urine !

• Like 2

Just goes to show PP, fishing should be listed among the dangerous sports. Maybe you should take up something safe, like swimming with sharks or bungy jumping.

• Like 1

Yes trogg,,,finished up with many a lovely 'Wallflower''...............fancy town tonight ?Ā  Ā  Ā  Whistle stop '' ?

Been like this for a couple or three days.... I was wondering what was going on! (Or more correctly, why was NOTHINGĀ going on!!)

Been around and about looking at old things.

Ā 

Last Saturday I went up St Mary's Church and took photos.

Ā 

Midweek went to Nottm University Kings Meadow site (the old Central TV) for a look atĀ their manuscripts/library section.

Ā 

Today had a look around Peoples Hall on Heathcoat Street.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Been around and about looking at old things.

Ā 

You'll have more opportunity for that at the meet up! Ā 

I presume it's still on - we are coming to Nottingham for FOUR nights/five days, so hope we'll see several 'old things' while we're there..... if anyone can't make the arranged date, Ā we'd be pleased to meet individuals onĀ another day as well.....

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, MargieH said:

You'll have more opportunity for that at the meet up! Ā 

I presume it's still on - we are coming to Nottingham for FOUR nights/five days, so hope we'll see several 'old things' while we're there..... if anyone can't make the arranged date, Ā we'd be pleased to meet individuals onĀ another day as well.....

What date has been decided on then Margie? I'mĀ  hoping for December 11th as one. B.

Bit of a change of pace. Maybe this should be Beekays paintings, but it seems more people follow this thread.

My sister in law absolutely loved her bath tub and watering can. Now I'm at a loss with nowt to paint. But, ! I'mĀ  on the lookout for a milk churn, preferablyĀ  with a lid. So I'mĀ  appealing to NS gang to keep an eye out for me. Needs to be paintable and not too expensive. Any help will greatly appreciated. Barrie.

Plumber came today to fit a new shower tray the old one cracked, told the wife it must be her weight as she is happy as she is putting on weight now 8 stone 2oz. He took the old tray out and had to have a new floor as the old one had rotted . Now I have to sit andĀ  watch Corrie and its on for an hour tonight and I had been warned not to make any stupid comments. For anyone who is interested and gets up at silly oclock in the night on one of the Sky channels there is old episodes of Corrie , I didn't watch any so I cannot tell you from what period they areĀ  from.

Ā 

Got a ticket for driving down a bus lane next to Midland station. I would have thought that given the huge confusion regarding the traffic closures with the demolition of the BM centre they would have given some leeway but no, as usual, a Council money making scheme.

Ā 

Once into that system there is no way you can go but to take the bus lane. Ā£60. The stewards of the bar.Ā 

I was away for a few days in Dorset last month. I parked on a very narrow street. It is unusual in that the road way is very narrow but a very wide pavement. I followed every other vehicle parked there (mainly local shop owners) and parked with 2 wheels a foot onto the pavement to make the road way passable. I was the only car that got a ticket. I photographed the other cars and the localĀ bin lorry that happened to be passing andĀ was having to mount the opposite side pavement to pass and appealed the ticket by email that morning. I got a reply within 24Ā hours squashing the ticket and saying donā€™t do it again.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1