How's your day?

Beekay, yesterday I made enquiries, on your behalf, about a milk churn in my sister-in-law’s garden which is not too far from you, in Handcross.  They apparently have four, although I only saw one which was a bit rusty.  Shall I push for an answer?  

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thank you Lizzie, for your reply. If you could make a tentative enquiry I  would be most grateful. My sister in law said she saw one on ebay. The vendor was in Weymouth, said she'd  being going down there in about 3 weeks and wondered whether she should pay up front and ask if they could hang onto it til she got there. It sold for £92.which was way beyond  her reach. Will wait til I  hear from you.x

• Upvote 1

Beekay - wish you lived closer. I have a lot of interesting stuff that would suit your skills. Vintage cider presses, scratters, barrels, wooden funnels, apple rakes etc. I also have various hobbing irons, flat irons, door weights, an iron traverse and a lovely little vintage push mower. You could come here for a months holiday and have plenty to do :biggrin:

ps - the cast iron pump on the well needs an artistic touch too :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

You'll  have to pm a couple of pictures PP,  so I  can appraise them, (if that's  the right word). I have done flat irons and hobbing irons. Even did a school mop bucket ! complete withe painted mop. Painted the handle and even dyed the head to match (both new, of course). At my first school, the kids used to say, "don't  stand still or Mr King will paint flowers on yer shoes !".

• Like 3

Just been looking on All Activity and the list just seems to be nearly all Anything Political. Is there nowt else on to talk about. Not complaining, just saying is all.

Nobody got owt to talk about Barrie..........could tell you about my first love ,when i was 13 if you you like ?   at least its Nottingham based.....and the start of all my troubles.......:rolleyes:

• Like 1

13?  As old as that?  Late starter, were you?

Go on then.  It has to be more entertaining than politics...although I am currently decorating and failing Ben's cheeky reminiscences, I'll be constrained to go and watch wallpaper dry!

• Like 2

All to be read to the tune of Copacabana by Barry Manilow..............Her name was Lola  (joyce)  she was a show girl  (lived on Bestwood)  she would Merengue and do the 'Cha Cha'' (well bit of a jive at Padstow dance club) she was 15,,and knocked me 'Bandy'...........but along came Irene who lived on Gainsford,,,she was a mover,, i was 'Fickle' and had to dance with both,,

And this was Padstow school,,just east of Bulwell...........lol.........well i thought it was funny,,,never saw Joyce after leaving school....but did see a lot of Irene........last time was Coop House 1999,,.........wallpaper dry yet Jill ?

• Like 8

Cheers Ben, you know, I've often wondered where some of my old femail friends  from nottingham are. Back at Denton street there was Doreen Peters and Brenda  Grainger. Then to Kennington road, Val, who lived next door but one and Janet, down the road. For a while there were the Radford twins, whose dad ran the Midland hotel, the one facing Players bonded warehouse. They were identical and used to swap places and I  never latched on. Come to think of it, there weren't  all that many. None of em lasted very long really. Probably not the best catch in the keep net. Then when I  reached 19 I  went on the buses and after about a year of chatting up, a young lady and her little sister caught my bus, 16A from Maid Marion way. That was 56 years ago and we've  been together ever since. It was her sister who wanted the bath tub painted !

• Like 5

My heart goes out to you BK,,,only joking mate,,,i must say glad i fell in love many times,,,right up into my 40s.......generally glad i gave it a whirl,,,,

Jill I met my wife when I was 17, married at 19 and still together after 52 years of married life, how she has put up with me I don't know. I cant write any more for now as I have to finish the ironing before I change the bedding.

• Like 4

My first boyfriend was when I was 12 - we used to go to the pictures at the weekend, but ignored each other at school!   That was DT.   After a few months, my girlfriend and I swapped boyfriends so I now went out with TS.  After that was KS, who lived in Netherfield, then AW (Woodthorpe) Then there wasTB who lasted a couple of years (Mapperley)   Then TD, who lived in Sleaford ( I met him at Harlow Wood when I was nursing there - he had a broken leg and I was the theatre nurse when he had a metal plate put on his tibia). That romance lasted about a year.   There were a few lads in the Mansfield area I had a couple of dates with but then I moved to Leicester and met  my PAUL in 1963.  We got married in 1966 so that's over 53 years ago. He's my soul mate xx.   

I haven't mentioned several holiday romances  pre Paul, cos I can't remember most of their names!    I suppose I was a bit of a flirt, but it was very innocent compared with this generation's relationships....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

No apology needed CT. I have every faith in your judgement. I look on All Activity andif there's  nothing that interests me then I  don't get involved. No point in me going on 'Political' as I know bugger all about it.

My wife keeps a careful check on me, in fact she writes in her little book every thing I spend and all expenses incurred by me. This is only because when I kick my clogs she will receive half of my pension , so she keeping her eye on the ideal time for me to go. That's why I do the cleaning, washing ,ironing etc , I am trying to make myself indispensable.

PS  Have you ever know a man to tell a lie.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, trogg said:

PS  Have you ever know a man to tell a lie.

It is an indisputable and universally recognized fact that the male of the species incapable of telling a lie...

• Like 1

To be honest Jill my wife has been on morphine for over 20 years and like me we both have bad days, we both do everything together, Today she was having a bad day so straight after dinner she laid down, I was doing the ironing listening to music when I looked in on nottstalgia and wrote that. I find it strange that some men when they retire don't help around the house. A few months ago I spoke to a friend whose wife went into Hospital for a few days and stayed 6 weeks. He was lost, he didn't have a clue about shopping, cooking, washing, anything to do with the house, now his wife is out of hospital I hope he changes his ways.

• Like 1

Trogg, I know exactly what you’re saying there, a very good friend of mine (been friends since starting at Carlton-le-Willows in 1961) passed away 2 weeks ago after 3 months in and out of QMC.  She did all the banking, shopping, cooking and cleaning.  Her husband hasn’t got a clue what to do now.  He’s been unable to even access their bank accounts and is stubbornly refusing to ‘learn’ how to cook for himself.   Fortunately he’s got two daughters who are taking the initiative and working around the issues.  I know that if I dropped dead tomorrow my husband will cope admirably, he already does most of the cooking and although I deal with all the banking I have pins and instructions tucked away.  Likewise, if anything happens to him, I can cope. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Well I'm ok with the cooking, corkscrew and bottle opener, but Dysons, washers and ironing..... Nah ! I'd have to employ a housemaid !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1