How's your day?

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Just remembered, the cement mixer thingy was called a rumbler. It was rough inside, and just rubbed the surface of the skin off.

Brings back memories..A buddy of mine in the cycling club had parents who owned a chip shop in Netherfield.  They had a rumbler.  It was our job to run 'em through, then cut out any eyes or bad bits.  Then we'd run them through a chip cutter into a barrel of stuff called 'Drywhite'.  I guess that stopped them from browning.  No pay, but all the chips and batter bits we could eat.  'Appy daze.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Wife gone,,went yesterday,,,she's always refused to park her car on the drive (bit tight) anyway she's gone away by train and left her car here,,,so iv'e parked it on the drive,,,sent her a picture of it.

Whilst parking it my neighbour opposite saw me taking a photo,,,,after a short chat she's agreed to come round in a bit in 'Swimming costume'' to pose on the Bonnet for me,,,had a good laugh with her(Sylvia) and her husband,,both in their 70s,,,,

Decided to start the housewarming party's tonight,,just having one lady at a time round,,,Sylvia being the first...her Husband readily agreed,(,made me a bit suspicious)........good to start the day with a laugh with nice neighbours.........Sylvia said she loves her drink with two Cherries.....:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The BBC today reported a man battered to death and his corpse neatly arranged on the bonnet of a car at his house. He was said to have been holding a large Babycham Martini containing several cherries.

When police arrived at the scene and asked the gathered onlookers who did it a chorus of male voices cried 'we did'

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Also in the boxes were 3 fag lighters and 3 cigarette cases,,again from my teen years,,,my school science book was there,and i was surprised how good my handwriting was,,i also did the reports for school football and cricket matches which i read on stage,,and was delighted to find a couple of them more or less still readable...........had to pack up sorting after a while,started to feel too 'melancholy''.........especially when i saw the contents of the next box,,which was all my Dads old bits,,............perhaps another day..........

Sounds like the beginning of one of my favourite novels, The Go Between!

• Like 1
On 9/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, Cliff Ton said:

At the next meet-up, I'll be watching how-and-what people eat with a new degree of interest.

You know what I’ll be cadging given half a chance ........

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

You know what I’ll be cadging given half a chance ........

Heh -  I'll make the seating arrangements Lizzie so you sit next to some innocent who doesn't know of your predilections...  :hungr:

• Upvote 2
On 9/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, benjamin1945 said:

Nearly joined you Gem,,,but had to get back to sleep,,,i was selling ''Mary Baker'' cake mixes to shops in Dorset,,,,talk about crazy dreams,,,

Your mention on Mary Baker cake mixes brought to mind when mum tried one.... tasteless was her comment her  first and last box. I never did get to sleep I waited till it started to get light went for the dogs and said "walkies" one was ready the other just looked at me and closed his eyes. I found it quite eerie walking over the beck and down to the harbour never saw a soul no lights anywhere don't think I will do that again.

• Like 1

Well it's technically Monday, but I'm on the end of Sunday.  Slowly sipping a second small glass of wine and off to bed shortly.  As it happens I've not had a drop of alcohol for three weeks till just now.  I must be ill..  :blink:

Been on a bit of a 'health kick'.  Mostly 'low carb' meals..especially lunchtime and mid week. It's not really difficult..  just replace things such as spuds, rice etc., with loads of veggies such as cabbage, cauli, green beans or whatever. No snacks. 16:8 diet, which means you eat your day's food in 8 hours and fast for 16. Not much effort for me to do that as I rarely eat breakfast, so I just finish eating by 8-9 pm and have nothing till lunchtime next day.

Also back into walking. Mostly up the hill and into the woods every other day, with shorter walks and swimming or a bit of weight training on others.

I've lost about 12 lbs so far.. but I can't really see where from...

• Upvote 1
  1. Yes its Monday, up at 2.30 again cant sleep ,bored stiff, hundreds of tv programs all trash , I then remembered seeing that others were having the same problems so I logged in and  saw that I was the only member with 7 guests .  What do others do to use the time to use up the dark hours, I daren't make any noise in case I wake the wife yes I am a coward . What do others do? , I am unable to sit for very long so reading a good book is out so I am continually walking about it don't take long in a bungalow. Still it will be light soon but not soon enough.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Reckon just missed you trogg,,im awake obviously,,but know I'll be back to sleep again soon,,afterall ive left a lorry load of luncheon meat (plumrose) down in Norfolk,,

Mary baker cake mix in Dorset the other night,, tut,

• Like 4

Bloomin' dog on the next street woke me at 1.30am again, I must have got back to sleep because I woke again at 3.15am. We call it two bark dog, because that is what it does, until it is exhausted. Has a rest and then starts again.

I read my book for a while, titled 'The King Makers Daughter written by Philippa Gregory' brilliant story written in such a way that even I can understand it.

Followed that with a session on my laptop, all done without sound on so as not to wake hubbs. Somehow I ended up on WW2? not the most restful thing to be reading up on. Ended up re reading about ' Little Boy and Fat Man', Hiroshima and Nagasaki. No chance of sleep now?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have these mad dreams every night carnie,,and wake up with total recall,,

Why? Cake mixes in Dorset,,and Luncheon meat in Norfolk? 

Reckon i need help?

• Like 1

carni

now Woolworths in Bulwell has closed where do we get "Broken Biscuits" from?

• Like 1