• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Good but tiring day today. Had my checkup this afternoon and all is well. X-ray was in agreement with the last one I had in hospital. I can now take this re enforced corset off and boy oh boy what a relief. I've also been given the ok to drive providing I don't do too much swiveling. Next checkup in 6 months. Now very tired but happy.

• Like 6
On 10/14/2019 at 10:33 AM, DJ360 said:

Check up on DHL tracking site showed they'd picked it up from Birmingham on Tues. 8th and sent it to East Midlands. 

SWMBO ordered a sonic cleaner (weighing 3Kg) for my birthday on 1st November. It was sent out the same day by the company and fell into the hands of YODEL. Checking the tracker it seems that Yodel delivered it through their own company letterbox over a week ago. A complaint last week promised to sort it out - still no goods......I still can't work out how they could deliver it through ANY letterbox let alone their own?!

• Upvote 1

Compo we have a pellet stove and it's been caput for almost a week. Called our usual firm to come to fix it but they were unindated with work , called another firm and they were the same. The second one rang today to say one of his colleagues was in the area so he called in and found it was one of the pumps  that had failed and he wasn't qualified as he was an engineer for stoves,but said for the first to bring a pump when they come tomorrow. It's cold and hasn't stopped raining for days so we are suffering with hot water from immersion heater, electric fires and a godsend of a Camino which has 3 outlets and is at present burning logs. 

Hope they remember to bring the pump tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

Too hot here today with a forecast top temperature of 42 deg C, that is a 107 in the old money.

The entire state is in a fire ban with catastrophic conditions for many areas. That means if a fire starts the emergency services will have almost no hope of controlling it in the high winds.

Meanwhile over in NSW over 4,000 sq miles of land has been burnt in the recent and ongoing fires.

Quiet day.. but not improved by the news that Ian Simms who murdered Helen McCourt in a pub in our village in 1988.. is to be released, despite his continual refusal to reveal where her body is.

I knew Helen slightly. I also knew Simms and his parents.

The case still casts a very long shadow over our village.

Both.. I think. 

You have a message.

Well the stove is now in perfect working order. It wasn't the pump, it was the thermostat was set too low. We never move it and haven't done for years so don't know how it was moved. Anyway it never rains does it? Last night I put some towels in the washer. After a while I heard the spin speed had increased unbelievably and went to have a look, switched off immediately as the bathroom was full of smoke. We bought this machine last year in Sept so I immediately thought " bet it's out of guarantee" but it wasn't. This morning we went looking for another washer in case. We phoned the call centre and within 3/4 hr they got back to us and they're coming to look at it tomorrow afternoon. The call centre seems to think it will be completely replaced. Hope so as I'll refuse it to be repaired because I couldn't trust it again

We always grumble about after sales service but we can't fault this. We've had many makes of washers and had to wait for services etc but this washer is Japanese and can't say " they are like all the others" because the service is perfect ( up to now)

17 hours ago, Brew said:

Does maintain his innocence or just refuses to say where she is?

Maintains his innocence therefore if correct he could not know where the body is, although the evidence appears to suggest otherwise.

If he'd have admitted guilt at the trial, whether correct or not he'd have probably been out 15 years ago or more.

Several weeks ago, 'er indoors bought me a rather expensive birthday present. The seller put it to YODEL for delivery - Two weeks ago Yodel said it was in their depot ready for delivery, today Yodel deny all knowledge of ever having received it from the seller. Yodel have quite simply at best, lost it, at worst stolen it.

• Like 1

Having once been to a Yodel depot it wouldn't surprise if it's not been kicked into a corner and forgotten. The one I went to was a complete and utter mess, total chaos.

• Like 1

It must have gone into the same black hole that a very expensive laptop I ordered for my late husband disappeared into. That arrived at their depot never to be seen again. Luckily the seller sent us another one, I presume he was insured, but he sent it by another carrier with no problem.

• Like 2

Beginning to get a bit worried tonight. The rain hasn't stopped for about 5 days and it's going to continue until the early hours of Monday morning. My daughter has just sent me a photo of our road, it's already flooding. I haven't been out of the house today so haven't seen what's happening. We have an orchard at the back of the house that goes uphill which continues onto a vineyard belonging to our neighbours. I'm always worried of a landslide. There are quite a few trees holding the earth so we can only hope. Taking account of our position today I realized that the house is a fair way from the road and it slopes down towards the road. ( I did know but saw things differently today)The pool is covered and the rain has topped it up so much that I think it might overflow. No doubt quite a few properties in the village are already flooded as it happens even when the rain is heavy and the drains can't cope. Wish us luck. One thing I'm thankful for is that we aren't as hard hit as Alba ( Ferraro  factory which has been closed due to flooding) We are between Alba and Asti which also is flooded.

• Like 1