How's your day?

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

50 Million £'s  worth of Jewellery Burgled from house of Bernie Eccleston'e's daughter in London,,,,,,shame init.......lol

What the bloody hell is a young girl doing with 50 million quids worth, or even wanting that much jewellery? 

Makes your heart bleed for her.

• Like 4
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I've seen two Barn Owls flying over the road in front of me in the last week.

A year or so back, a fox was crossing well in front of me as I drove along the A580.  It almost made it to the centre reservation and then, inexpicably reversed direction and ran straight under my car.  I had no chance of missing it.  In my rear view mirror I saw it doing as very strange and contorted dance in the road before crawling off into the undergrowth.  It was all rather upsetting.

1 hour ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Snakes make an exploding sound when you run over them, killed a couple of foxes when I lived down under, I thought I'd done some serious damage with one, no, just a couple of spots of blood. Bats hitting the windscreen scare the crap out of a person, you don't see them until just before impact, killed dozens of birds, unintentionally!! Ran over the odd rabbit, even a cat once, it ran across the road, must have been on it's last life, mad a rattling sound when it got caught in the drive shaft. Never lost any sleep over them, felt sorry for the birdies though.

Thou sounds a raight charmer Ayup., must make a point of wearing a tin hat when I  pop over the pond for a coffee.

• Like 1

The 'young girl' is in fact a 35 year old woman. Why does she have that much jewellery? - because she can and I suspect it's as much an investment as it is for decoration.

• Upvote 1

It's  still bloody obscene  Brew!  As for age, she more than half my age so as far as I'm  concerned, she's  a young girl.

My question would be, why wasn't that much "bling" secured, obviously was easy pickings for the thief.

That's interesting, why is it obscene BK? Is it any more obscene than our, yours and mine, living standard and lifestyle when compared to the sick, the lame and the starving throughout the world?

• Upvote 2

Poor lass...  She'll be down the food bank next...

• Like 1

One thing everyone avoids running over, including truckers, are turtles, those shells can mess up tyres pretty quickly.

Having that much jewelry is no more obscene than spending a few hundred on an I-phone.

• Like 1

I've never run over a snake.  We saw one once as we entered our street.  Mrs. L said "Quick run 'im over."  I just couldn't.  I drove around him.  I guess I just can't kill anything on purpose.  I've accidentally hit a few birds over time andit really spoils my day.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Well for many people a smartphone is a necessity

Absolute tosh! I'm surprised you think that...

Mine cost $25 and that covered 3 months of service at so many minutes per month, unused minutes are transferred to next month. Camera has 12mp. So why should anyone, using the same argument, need to spend hundreds on a smart phone????

I might also add, since purchasing my smart phone, I've found much cheaper plans, I only need a cell phone for emergencies while out on the road, I didn't need a smart phone, but that's all there is this side of the pond. I could have obtained a refurbished identical phone for free with my service. But wasn't aware at the time.

Very close to where I saw the barn owl, there is a mill race where, on a couple of occasions, I have been fortunate enough to see a kingfisher.  Earlier this year, the lady who lives at the mill was able to see them feeding their young from her kitchen window. They are obviously happy there, as they've been in residence for several years. Again, beautiful birds and a delight to watch.

Too true Dave, I wouldn't have bothered of pay phones were still common, problem is, they are like "hens teeth" around my area, they just don't exist anymore, so if I have a breakdown I'm up the creek without a paddle without a cell phone. One of the problems living in a rural area.

When we lived in Norfolk, i was travelling home from work on my motorbike, and a suicidal sparrow hit me on the shoulder. Even with my leathers, the daft thing left a fair bruise that lasted for ages!!

I don’t see how a mobile phone can be a liability. If you have a car breakdown, an accident or have been delayed you can call someone. It’s a camera, a diary, and a reference book. When I retired, many years ago, I vowed I wouldn’t have a mobile, my existing one being company provided. It was only a week before I had to buy one!

As I stated, I only have a cell phone because pay phones are a thing of history in many areas now. All gas stations used to have a pay phone, almost every store used to have one.

Now I'm driving more often, I decided I needed emergency communications, I could have installed my 2 metre ham radio, but, finding a fellow ham in the area I live in could take hours, so it was a cheap cell phone provider and an Alcatel $25 smart phone to the rescue.

Funny how I managed to get to my 60's without ever having found a mobile phone a necessity , I'm 74 now and still don't see them as such.

In ye olde times I walked to a phone box, I went to a library for information and made notes on scraps of paper for those items I needed to remember. They are handy things to have but I still have not found access to the internet necessary when away from home.

There is one picture on my phone. No browser history. No E-mail set up and lo and behold I still manage to keep going, amazing, I don't know how I do it!

• Like 2

Jar Nescafe and Gillette razors from the coop........no way,,,you thief,,

A few million in Jewellery from Billionaires row.............GO for it,,,especially if you are a bored Pensioner,,,like the Hatton Garden mob.........

pity most got caught...........

• Like 1