• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Suffice to say,,,i won't be seeing him again..

If he's young Ben  there will be a senior around somewhere, I'd report him.

Waste of time, Brew.  They all cover each others butts.  They are not high on my favorite people list.  My doc taps away on his laptop, but I'll give him credit he does seem to listen between taps. 

• Like 1

Got my monitor working.  Fired it up while not connected to PC o I could access menu. Did factory re-set and it's OK.. but a bit flickery.  Probably won't last...  Humbug.

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Been Doctors this morning,,needed to speak about different ,,medications,,Young chap not seen before,,felt it was a waste of time...Could tell he wasn't listening to me,,

You should've told him about your experiences with the ladies in your younger days. That would've held his attention.

• Like 7

That's expensive for a 24 inch monitor Brew!!! Mines a 24 inch Asus, and I paid about half the price, or less for it.

Adding to medical visits, I've  just had a phone call from Brighton General to tell me I  have to go for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. This is following a blood test which revealed I  have iron deficiency  and anaemia and they don't  know the cause yet. I've  been assured it's a precautionary procedure, but I  want to know why it's being done under emergency.  Happy Christmas eh !

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Got my monitor working.  Fired it up while not connected to PC o I could access menu. Did factory re-set and it's OK.. but a bit flickery.  Probably won't last...  Humbug.

I would suggest the backlight/s, there's usually two, are on their way out. It's not a difficult fix and quite cheap if  a bit fiddly.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ayupmeducks said:

That's expensive for a 24 inch monitor Brew!!! Mines a 24 inch Asus, and I paid about half the price, or less for it.

Not really Ayup it's a Samsung full HD. There are cheaper ones it's true but he will only buy Samsung

To be fair, most of the Samsung stuff I've had has been reliable and good value for money.

59 minutes ago, Brew said:

I would suggest the backlight/s, there's usually two, are on their way out. It's not a difficult fix and quite cheap if  a bit fiddly.

Backlight hours are showing as 9145. I don't know if that's high, low or indifferent.  Might explain the flickering, but when it really kicks off, the whole screen is covered with vertical flickering lines and the lower 2/3ds so much that it's not possible to see anything, use menus etc.

Unlikely to be a connection issue as spare monitor works fine on same cable.  It runs off a switching 240 vAC > 19v DC power supply.  Checked voltage at DC end and it's showing 18v on my old analogue meter.  Can't find my new digital one... 

...found it....  Reads a bit over 19v..

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Adding to medical visits, I've  just had a phone call from Brighton General to tell me I  have to go for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. This is following a blood test which revealed I  have iron deficiency  and anaemia and they don't  know the cause yet. I've  been assured it's a precautionary procedure, but I  want to know why it's being done under emergency.  Happy Christmas eh !

I believe Ben had something similar - both ends - earlier this year, big brother. Nothing untoward found. Don't worry. Might find that gold watch you lost 40 years ago!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I If the screen is at its native settings and a spare screen has no problem the fault is with the monitor. 19v is fine. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a problem on the main board, or driver board for the screen, sometimes they are separate, most of the time all on the main board, sometimes you can find a test point marked with voltages where you can isolate the problem.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, do we have a technical page/thread?. I'm sure there are more people like me that would benefit from such a thread/page. 

it's  good that there are folks on here that know about 'computer/ tv wizardry ' so instead of finding out these things on a random pos t, then perhaps a dedicated section. Only asking.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Just make sure the camera goes down your throat first, and not the other way round!!

• Like 1

Just make sure the camera goes down your throat first, and not the other way round!! All the best, hope it all goes well.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Waddo said:

Just out of curiosity, do we have a technical page/thread?. I'm sure there are more people like me that would benefit from such a thread/page. 

it's  good that there are folks on here that know about 'computer/ tv wizardry ' so instead of finding out these things on a random pos t, then perhaps a dedicated section. Only asking.

There are previous threads where technical things are discussed.

It would be complicated to move all the recent stuff to there, but for future reference......https://nottstalgia.com/forums/forum/43-computer-help-forum/

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Waddo said:

Just make sure the camera goes down your throat first, and not the other way round!! All the best, hope it all goes well.

You can almost guarantee that you will not be the first person to have the camera shoved anywhere.

19 hours ago, Beekay said:

Adding to medical visits, I've  just had a phone call from Brighton General to tell me I  have to go for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. 

Had both recently BK..........IT seems whenever an over 60 goes to the Docs,,all they want to do is send you for Cancer tests,,,the worst part being waiting for results.

We're  talking Brighton here Gem. I'll  be lucky if I  get a bed ! Had a phone call this am to say Jan.4th. Endoscopy and Gastroscopy.