How's your day?

16 hours ago, loppylugs said:

So do I Margie, so do I :biggrin:

The house was in Gilli Gillii  ossenphefer catsenallanbogan by the sea.

and the witchdoctor  said,   "Ohh Eeee  ooowooo argh argh,  bing bang walla wallah bing bang"   repeat

Conclusion....  Oooh wang walla walla bing bang!

Spelling and pronunciation mostly optional.

Nah whats gobbledegook abaht that? 

Makes more sense than a lot of politicians these days.   :biggrin:

On a 'Point of Order' Loppy.. I reckon it was 'Ee, aa, oo-aa aa ting tang walla walla bing bang.. . not that I'm picky you understand....  ;)

Another great song with deep and meaningful lyrics, which I think Kev expressed a liking for last time I mentioned it.. was the deeply poetical 'Zabadak' by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch...  Honourable mention too for Roy Orbison's epic.. 'Ooby Dooby'.

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

DJ360 I must have seen you about during those years as they were my favourite pubs as well. Your right about the coffee it was rubbish, I bet you also went in Bulwell Youth Club when it was first opened in the old building at the rear, great times.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Worrabaht Des O'connor, with his "Dicka-dum-dum ?

Last I heard, nowt wrong with it!!

It's gerrin late so: tThe sun is setting; Trees felled, logged and stacked; Telephone box paid for and delivery arranged; Tent up and ready for tonight......Happy New Year to one and all!

• Like 3

"A wop bop a loo bop a wop bam boom" from the classic Tutti Frutti by Little Richard

"Da doo ron ron ron da do ron ron" The Crystals

"Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip" Barry Man

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy dum" Herman's Hermits

"Zip a dee doo dah" Can't remember what from?

"Bibbidi Bobbidy Boo" from Cinderella

"I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob goo goo goo joob" or something like that by the Beatles

• Like 2
12 hours ago, trogg said:

DJ360 I must have seen you about during those years as they were my favourite pubs as well. Your right about the coffee it was rubbish, I bet you also went in Bulwell Youth Club when it was first opened in the old building at the rear, great times.

Not so much in the Youth Club Mick. What I recall was like a school Gym I did a few Discos for them later on.  Terrible acoustics as I recall.. but fun was had by all.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Beekay said:

Worrabaht Des O'connor, with his "Dicka-dum-dum ?

In the words of Eric Morecambe

"They can't touch you for it."

1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:

"A wop bop a loo bop a wop bam boom" from the classic Tutti Frutti by Little Richard

"Da doo ron ron ron da do ron ron" The Crystals

"Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip" Barry Man

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy dum" Herman's Hermits

"Zip a dee doo dah" Can't remember what from?

"Bibbidi Bobbidy Boo" from Cinderella

"I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob goo goo goo joob" or something like that by the Beatles

Doo Wah Diddy was a hit here for Manfred Mann.. not Herman's Hermits. The original was by The Exciters.. a US band who also first recorded 'Tell Him'.. which was the first hit for our own Billy Davis.

Zip A Dee Doo Dah was originally from Disney's film 'Song of the South'..in 1946, but was a hit here in 1963 for Bob. B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. A Phil Spector 'Wall of Sound' recording.

Herman's Hermits.. like all UK bands of the time.. covered a number of US hits.. but their biggest hit was 'I'm Into Something Good'.. which they 'borrowed' from US girl group, 'The Cookies'.

The Cookies were also responsible for the original of 'Chains'.. which the Beatles did on their first album.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Herman's Hermits

I saw an interview once with Pater Noone from Herman's Hermits. He said that they were once more popular then the Rolling Stones! I don't know what he was on but I'd like some of it! 

:rotfl:

Awoke to a frozen tent early this mornming so I went out fro a bike ride in the dark. Yes I know...I'm bonkers. Came back and had a quick breakfast before going out into the moors for a long walk. The day turned out fine and sunny but a bit on the cold side, with a chilly breeze. I have just finished cooking an Ethiopian style meal for tea and I am looking forward to it, so without further ado let me say that photos will be available of the moors, possibly tomorrow,  if any turn out ok. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Compo said:

Awoke to a frozen tent early this mornming so I went out fro a bike ride in the dark. Yes I know...I'm bonkers. Came back and had a quick breakfast before going out into the moors for a long walk. The day turned out fine and sunny but a bit on the cold side, with a chilly breeze. I have just finished cooking an Ethiopian style meal for tea and I am looking forward to it, so without further ado let me say that photos will be available of the moors, possibly tomorrow,  if any turn out ok. 

Compo lets see if the cold has caused any cognitive impairment:

Unscramble this well known phrase - hatter as mad a as.....

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Compo said:

I have just finished cooking an Ethiopian style meal for tea

What's that then? A bean on a crumb of toast !!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Compo said:

He said that they were once more popular then the Rolling Stones! I don't know what he was on but I'd like some of it! 

:rotfl:

Yes Herman's Hermits had one number one UK hit single whilst the Stones had eight, The Beatles had seventeen

• Like 1

Waddo: A typical Ethiopian dinner consists of a spicy sauce, vegetables par boiled until just Al Jolson Dente and a large, flat, fermented pancake-like bread called Injera. Pudding is usually either Creme caramel or Bula (A kind of semolina made from the innards of the Ensette plant). One then finishes with wery strong coffee in a tiny cup and cake or biscuit.  It takes a bit of getting used to but it is certainly different. :)

Incidentally, Ethiopia now has one of thte fastest growing economies in the world. Since the end of the war that caused all the trouble in the 1980s., the government has teamed up with China and the Chinese are putting in roads all over the place and extracting minerals like they are going out of fashion. The resultant wealth is filtering down through the population and there are probably fewer rough sleepers in their cities than we have here in UK.

• Like 1

That's good to know compo, it's something that's not wildly publicised, well not that I've noticed. 

• Like 1