How's your day?

Beginning to panic about my concrete plinth for the phone box (which should arrive on Saturday). It is still looking quite damp and not as set as I had hoped it would be. I had asked for delivery to be mid-January but the machine could only be had this coming Saturday. :unsure:

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Make sure they put a antifreeze additive in the mix, and the temp is rising or else you will have problems!!

• Like 1

Thought about you on New Years eve compo, just wondering if you would be bivvying up as usual. I only do that in fine weather these days. Second day of the year and second row of the Virtual challenge. Just easing myself into the daily routine with steady 10k rows. The plan is to build up to 20k p/d by the end of Jan. Bit slow these days atb12kph.

• Like 1

See my post from 1/1/20 above, PP. I have also put some photos on the "Out and About With Compo" section of "Members hobbies and interests/photography".

• Like 1

Interesting day for me today:

1. Today I have outlived my father
2. Today is the 32nd birthday of my second son to my second wife
3. Today is the 51st anniversary of my fiirst marriage

• Like 3

How's  my day?  It started last night with a laxative preparation, Moviprep in 1 ltr of water. Took all that then waited for toilet explosion......Bloody Nothing !!! But I did throw up in the bathroom an hour later. Told them at the hospital today and they decided to reschedule. However, they did go ahead with the Endoscopy, so I didn't get the "Top n Tail", just the top. Drunk gallons for nowt,  what a bummer, or maybe I should rephrase that!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

It's an infinite unit of capacity in the Ethernet, an infinitesimal number of which would be required to document the relationships of @benjamin1945 and would probably cause the worldwide web to crash! :wacko:

Remember the theory that a monkey with a typewriter could eventually write all the works of Shakespeare ?

The monkey would achieve that result faster than it would compile a list of Ben's adventures.

• Like 2

Moviprep?  I've heard of Movicol. It's a clear, sticky, liquid given for constipation. Never had any but know folks who have. 

Never mind, eh?  They will have the pleasure of meeting you all over again!

Wife be  home soon,,not seen her since last year,,,,we often have a break from each other,,,think its good for each other,,,she don't come back nowadays with as many love bites as years ago........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Took my wife to Mallorca for our 25th silver anniversary...Has it will be our emerald, 55yrs this year, I think I'll fetch her back.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sad day today,,I'm sat in the car park of Mansfield Crematoriam (arrived an hour too early) its for an old schoolmate,we started together in 1950,,and were in the same class until we left in 1960,,

Through the years we always got together after long gaps.

However he was a friend that i have lots of memories of,,including nearly drowning together in his car in Boston 1967,,lol,,he was the driver,but i forgave him,,so shortly it will be "goodbye Jim and God bless my old pal""

Better to be too early rather than an hour too late, Ben.

A sad occasion but sounds like he had an interesting life...not unlike yourself.  Not goodbye but au revoir, perhaps. One day, there's a chance the two of you may be causing mayhem elsewhere! :Shock:

• Like 1

That would be nice jill,,he was a character.looking forward to seeing his wife they were together over 50 years,

With being early ive come in the Rushley pub,,over 50 years since last came in,,was courting a girl called Christine Mather from Hibbert road Mansfield,,lovely girl,,asked the barmaid if she still comes in? She didnt know. Tut,,

• Like 2

One thing about you, Ben, is that every pub you go into...in fact every nook and cranny you visit... holds the memory of one of your old flames. I marvel at your capacity to remember their names and addresses!  Damned if I can remember most of mine. Mind you, they were eminently forgettable!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just a 'heads up' for anyone interested...  Today's lunchtime broadcast of Bargain Hunt centred on Nottm Racecourse, but also featured a piece about the development of the Flying Bedstead including testing at Hucknall.  They showed the 'Flight Testing Museum.', I didn't even know that existed.  Made me think about our dear departed Chulla and his long association with Rolls Royce Hucknall.

Anyway.. it will no doubt be on the iPlayer.

http://huflighttestmuseum.co.uk/