How's your day?

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

Just typed up my treasurers annual report following last nights audit. After 1/2 bottle of Burbon and 1/2 bottle of Calvados, the auditors saw things my way :rolleyes:

Heh, wanna do my books?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Well I got a bit wet but managed to stay warm. My pal and I caught some superb trout averaging 5lb. Must buy a new fishing coat. The relentless wind and rain did get the better of my current one. The wee hip flask came in useful though ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just walked in after a trek up the hill.  When I first set out the wind hitting the ridge where the path goes up to the base of the hill 'proper', was evil and I almost turned back.  But, I had a word with myself and decided to go to the top. It was, to employ the vernacular.. 'bleddy code'.

Still. made it to the top and back down in one piece and just beat the rain which is now setting in..

When aaahh wur a lad, we useter 'ave March winds and April showers.  These days we seem to be getting March Winds and April Showers from about December through to August, followed by gloom till the end of November.  Ahhhm sick on it...  :angry:

Raining today, but after 3 months of no rain we are welcoming it. Have stayed in all week as they are advising over 65's to stay in or avoid crowded places. I did some shopping this morning, local supermarkets have little in at the moment.I just wanted some veg, fruit and a few detergents. Hardly any cars in car park and even fewer customers in store. It was weird, nobody apart from a security guard walking in the mall. Shelves and perishables were well stocked but I noticed that there were many discounts. Took a flyer to see what offers were coming up, discounts on loads of products up to 70%. 

Went back this afternoon and did a mega mega shop, mostly liquids for washer , cleaning materials ( no I'm not that dirty) a few frozen veg ( peas and broad beans that I like in pasta) . Just finished putting everything away, very happy that I don't have to think about them for at least 6 months.  Think this is caused by the cov19 scare .Hotels and large restaurants have no bookings or if they had they were cancelled. Hope it all ends soon, because I don't think a lot of businesses can carry on for too long. How's the situation over there in UK. We only seem to hear the bad news.

Everything looks normal here, Nonna. I did a mega, mainly moggie, shop this morning. Nothing unusual, no shortages, no silly face masks, people going about their daily chores. Newspaper headlines screaming doom and gloom. This COULD happen, that MIGHT happen. Usual rubbish, "Henny Penny, the sky is falling in. We must go and tell the King!"

Keep calm and carry on. You won't go far wrong. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Busy at the big box  store this morning.  Not sure of the reasons, Monday, rain forecast for the rest of the week, CV?

We needed toilet rolls.  We buy them in bulk, lasts us for weeks.  It was not a panic buy.  Mrs. L saw a news item last night where folks were queuing round the block to get toilet paper in one city so didn't want to leave it 'til the last roll.  :Shock:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Raining today, but after 3 months of no rain we are welcoming it.

That'a a concept I can't get my head around.

We've had almost continuous rain here for several months. You'd have to go back to August/September to find the last time there were more than 3-4 consecutive days without rain.

The Met Office have said that February was apparently the wettest month ever recorded in Britain. I think the previous 3 or 4 months were also very close.

39 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

We needed toilet rolls.  We buy them in bulk, lasts us for weeks. 

Every time I go to Costco I buy toilet rolls, we had 90 stashed away the other week.  Saw this on Faceache recently, think it was aimed at me ...........82-E21232-84-B5-43-DB-AAD7-44-D719030-D0

• Like 5

Another funeral yesterday :( Actually we quite enjoyed it :happy: No disrespect for the lovely deceased lady who probably also enjoyed the occasion. It was our first one at the Sherwood Forest Crem. What a lovely peaceful place! 

As well as seeing some old friends we saw our two God children for the first time in 30 years. They are the same age as our two and between them have 4 children and five grand children! It was certainly a friends united day and we have agreed to meet up again soon. We will be meeting at a cycling caff that we used as teenage cyclists sixty odd years ago.

On the way to the Crem we stopped at the White Post for a coffee. We didn't realise just how big that place had become.

• Upvote 1

Woken up by a thunderstorm at 3 a.m.  Jake hates 'em and tries to dig a hole in the rug to hide in.  No fun!  I'm tired out today and I ain't done nowt.  :(

Very weird weather for this time of year.

Bitty sort of day really..

Had a salady type lunch of beetroot, tomatoes and cold roast beef...

Then wandered out on a few errands.  Dumped a dead PC monitor at the local 'waste disposal facility'.  Then round to Tesco for a drop of booze.  Also checked out their stock of Hand Cleansing Gel.  There wasn't any.  I have an idea about that.  At a pinch I reckon you could use Methylated spirit mixed maybe 1:3 with water and a spot of liquid soap.  Maybe not so pleasant but would do the job if you are out and about and desperate.  I reckon that clear  'De-Natured' alcohol they sell in B&Q (Can't remember what for..) is probably nicer because I don't think it contains the acetone which makes Meths smell horrible and dries your skin... and it doesn't have the purple dye either.  Still has the added Methyl Alcohol to make it poisonous though.... but only if you drink it...

Also bought some Corn Flower and Sunflower seeds and some new spotlight bulbs.

I know how to live...

On the way home I listened to a BBC4 book programme, where they reviewed a book called (I think) 'The Glorious Life of the Oak', by John Lewis -Stemple.  They all liked it.  I like Oaks and will look out for it.  They mentioned that the author uses the phrase 'The Wood Wide Web'  , though they don't know if he originated that phrase.  It refers of course to the interdependence of pretty much everything in the woods, from trees and fungi, to ground cover plants, to insects, birds and mammals.  I wish the kids who churn up the woodland floor with their mountain bikes knew the damage they are doing.

I went for a short walk when I got home but not far because it was very cold and windy.

Then for our evening meal.. I knocked out pasta and green pesto, with some mushrooms, chopped bacon and garlic for added interest... as you do...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
23 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Also checked out their stock of Hand Cleansing Gel.  There wasn't any.  I have an idea about that.  At a pinch I reckon you could use Methylated spirit mixed maybe 1:3 with water and a spot of liquid soap.  .

DJ Things are getting desperate re hand cleansing gel. We've been out of it for a while. But tv is saying diluted bleach acts just the same , sorry I can't remember the dilution but it's a good substitute. See if you can find it on google. Our schools are now closed in the whole of Italy until at least mid march.

Those in the know are now saying that all the cases of flu etc may have been  misjudged and it could have been CV as early as before Christmas. It's getting nearer to us each day. 

• Like 1

Watch out for yourself Nonna, take extra care. Will be thinking of you. Regards, Beekay.

• Like 1