How's your day?

Bloke went a shop and asked, "packet o 3 please", shopkeeper replied, "we don't sell em, try Boots".

Bloke said, "  I want to make love to her, not kick her to death "! (Olduns allus the best).

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On 3/8/2020 at 3:08 AM, benjamin1945 said:

Went into Mansfield early this morning

The demise of Mansfield started when they put in the ring road and built that abomination called Four Seasons. Mansfield Council has a lot to answer for.

It was further compounded by the loss of the hosiery industry, the progressive closure of the Mines and the supply chains of both sectors and the growth of out of town shopping centres.

The world has changed and will continue to do so unfortunately with it comes consequences. Mansfield market was unfortunately one of those.

19 hours ago, mary1947 said:

DJ360 

I was also an NVQ.  Level 3 assessor and Salon owner,

So, yes lets call it a draw.

:Friends:

:Friends::)

10 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

The demise of Mansfield started when they put in the ring road and built that abomination called Four Seasons. Mansfield Council has a lot to answer for.

I think the person(s) that designed Maid Marion way in Nottingham came out of retirement and did the Mansfield ring road.

• Like 1

Are saying that MMW was designed? I was colleged at PCFE whilst the abomination was being built. I thought it was just thrown together from random bits.

In the book 'Conservation Today' by David Pearce MM way was part of a proposed inner ring road that was never completed. It's interesting if not the easiest book to read and Nottingham and the Lace Market in particular are mentioned.

Youngest lad moved out yesterday, brought a house up Mapperley Top with his girlfriend, even though he’d spent a year studying in Prague & two years in student accommodation, this looks proper, he’s took his telly & PlayStation :Shock: the nest is well & truly empty :( just me & thee :Friends:

• Upvote 1

Different times indeed, one of the most asked questions I get is 'how fast is the broadband' and 'does it have cable'?

8 hours ago, Brew said:

In the book 'Conservation Today' by David Pearce MM way was part of a proposed inner ring road that was never completed. It's interesting if not the easiest book to read and Nottingham and the Lace Market in particular are mentioned.

I still can't believe that anybody thoght it a good idea to push a great big road like that through such a historic portion of Nottm.

I had a visit from my Granddaughter this morning and it was as usual the best thing to happen all day. She went on her way and a while after she had gone, I went for a piece of fruit from the table. Look at this little secret message that I found. Call me soppy, but I love that banana. Can't possibly eat it ..........can I?

DSCN1093.jpg

• Like 10

Fending for myself, dog and two cats while Mrs PP is in Tenerife is proving quite enjoyable. Shopping in the market today - no plastic packaging. Big bunch of purple sprouting , 4 large conference pears, 2lb of washed spuds and a nice solid cabbage for a fiver. Could probably do slightly cheaper in the supermarket but for me supermarket shopping is soulless. Lunch in my fav market caff. Had to go to supermarket for a few delicacies but going to try and make my own to avoid the packaging. Penkridge market again tomorrow for a few things but mainly because I like open markets. I'll treat myself to some nice fillet steaks from the farm van and probably get some onion sets etc. ready for planting. Cooking is a bit of a laugh but fortunately Mrs PP left instructions on bits of paper stuck in appropriate places on all the appliances. Still not got the hang of working the telly though.

• Like 4

Woke up with what I thought was a runny nose only to find it was a nose bleed. I can't remember ever having one before. Quite worrying and messy with no one at home to help. So light duties today, although I feel quite well otherwise. 

I was going to go and do a bit of panic shopping but I did most of that yesterday - large bag of spuds and two doz bottles of wine :rolleyes:

They recommend using an alcohol based hand gel, so pouring alcohol down your insides has got to be beneficial!!

For a change we have a beautiful day. Very warm so we've been sitting outside enjoying it while it lasts. Hope it continues because we have work to do, taking all the paving bricks up and making more of a garden . It's a big space so we are doing half grass and the other with some acer trees.

• Like 1