• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I'm obviously outmoded. It seems the latest must have fashion accessory is a large pack of bog rolls. The bigger the better. Everyone has one, except yours truly.  I'm not expecting an, ahem, outpouring of the squittical kind so I don't see the point.

I'm told there was a punch up in our local Tesco yesterday. Bog roll related, possibly.  My fridge, freezer and cupboards contain the usual. I won't starve. I refuse to panic. In the meantime, it's decorating time, folks. Bach on the CD player, paint tins at the ready. Might as well do something useful!

• Like 2

BK Taken all the small ones out of the shed to give them the benefit of the sun , the big one is still covered away from the frost. Probably take it off tomorrow. The lemon trees ( bushes) have had a tidy up and we have 3 lemons on one with loads of buds coming through.

nonnaB, have you noticed the fragrance given off by lemon flowers? It is amazing. Orange flowers have a spectacular scent - which is extracted and used commercially but lemon is distinctly different. Have a sniff!. 

• Like 1

Yes it really is lovely. Next door have about 5 trees that are in tubs and they put them on our dividing wall along with ours and the perfume is unbelievable. Can wait til they flower.

Yesterday I finally finished re-wiring the lovely Jane. She now has three core 'Antique Bronze' flex and switch, plus a proper earth.

I tried her with an E27 type white globe lamp but it's far too white and far too bright, so she'll have to wait for something more suited to her age and personality.  I'm thinking one of the new 'antiquey' type bulbs with bronze/brown coloured envelopes.. or a nice globe type shade..  She'll have to wait till after CV though.

Here's a pic:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WRXgNMpcQdgmUJ5t8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fLwPn2aQTnXHtyY98

I think she scrubs up quite nicely.  :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Nicely done Col, I suggest if the light is too 'white' you try a 'warm' rather than a cool white and something like a Tiffany shade....

• Like 1

%5Burl=https://postimg.cc/N9cfVwNh%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://i.postimg.cc/JnyDsrZh/20200311-120208-Original.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Had a 100% positive response today from fellow villagers/fishing pals. I have suggested that we have a 'distance tasting' session. Just to cheer us up and to keep us in good spirits.

Venue - my patio. Date - a sunny day soon. Time 3 pm. Each to bring a quality bottle of whiskey, their own glass and hand gel. We sit 2 metres apart around the table. We can pour each other a glass but no touching of another's glass or bottle. 

Guest to walk through fire pit on leaving. (I did not put this in the invitation).

• Like 1

Would you credit it? It's 70 years ago today when this photo was taken and this b----y virus wont let us celebrate. Commiserations to Burntstump Pub who've also missed out! 

Damn, Photo's too big and I don't  know how to resize it, oh yes photoimage has also packed up ? not my day! 

• Like 4

Congratulations dear Albert and Barbara, a Platinum Wedding Anniversary, quite an achievement.  I wish you many more years of wedded bliss and so sorry you haven’t been able to celebrate properly xx

Many congratulations, Albert and Barbara.   (And I thought Paul and I were doing well being married for almost 54 years!)

Many congratulations Albert and Barbara, I know how you feel about cv spoiling your celebrations, it may affect our 50th too. 

BK tried to post a photo of my wasgij puzzle from iPad and it didn't work. I did delete it but it came back, the sneaky devil.

Never mind Nonna, I'll  just have to imagine what it looked like. Being in home arrest, I have loads of imagination.

Take care, your servant ma'am.

Ooooh Shhhugar managed to get Photoimage working, even if it is too big! Thank You everyone for your Good Wishes                                         2015-No8023.jpg

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1