• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

So does my rotten Beagle if he gets half a chance.  :biggrin:.  Have to watch him at night.  Leave a bathroom door open and he'll go and pull Kleenex out of the trash.  Gross!  I'm afraid he'll get plugged up one of these days. He's his own worst enemy.

• Like 1

Yes, he's doing great, Jill.  we have to be careful we don't show him more favour than Jake.  Don't want to make Jake feel inferior.  We love 'em both.  Jake is just more of a handfull,  (translation.....Pain in the rear  ;))  Wouldn't swap him though.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:50 PM, Oztalgian said:

That brought back many memories of climbing on Curbar and Froggat Edge and finishing the day with several pints at the Devonshire Arms in Baslow before heading home.

Did you ever do Chequers Buttress on Froggat, Oz? Think it was my favourite climb. Also loved Catwalk at Wildcat as it was my first climb and the view was amazing.

Had the two pigeon eggs fried on a slice of fresh bagette for lunch. Hope the cats bring in a few more this evening.

Out on the garden all day and watching our 2 great grandchildren on the trampolene in the sunshine - brilliant :biggrin:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AfferGorritt said:

Did you ever do Chequers Buttress on Froggat

Very few climb names come to mind after all these years Affer but two that do are the right hand impossible? on Stanage Edge, I tried this on a climbing course with the great climber Joe Brown. It was my first climb in my new Cletts Masters climbing shoes, thought I was the bees knees but the climb was a real struggle and I came off a number of times. Then Joe climbed it, he looked like he had a ladder propped up against the rock face, made it look so easy. The other was at Black Rocks Cromford, the Railway Slab, the challenge there was to climb it in normal hiking boots, it was a doodle in Cletts but a bit of a bugger in hiking boots.

We've just done a bit of gardening together - only about an hour - but it was really good and it's sunny as well.  I told Paul this is what retirement SHOULD be like - no rushing  and not having to go out anywhere.  Wonder if I'll still be saying that in 12 weeks time .......   

Anyway, even if 'it' gets us when we emerge from our isolation, at least  we'll  have had a few months of proper retirement with each other. :Friends: Love it...

We get regular communication from our kids and the youngest grandchildren.  The latter are being kept inside for a sort-of home schooling, which they are really enjoying at the moment.  They started the day with a keep fit session on the internet, which looked fun ...Their mum filmed them and forwarded it to us.  After that they were doing some work sent home from school, a bit of model making, then lunch.  I think it was going to be baking a cake after lunch.    

Luckily their mum can work at home for some of the time...  and dad gets home  around 4pm so he can take over the primary childcare.  They are really sensible children most of the time and there's always their tablets to keep them amused!   Usually we go over to their house for some days in school holidays, but of course we can't do that now as we are staying at home.  I'm missing that .....

Hiya Margie, just noticed your post. I realise it's not the correct thread, but thought I'd let you know, Wroxham holiday is off ! The company sent me an email to say as of 10.00am today, they were closing until at least April 30th. So I'll  have to give you a rain check on the coffee. :sorry: Maybe next time. Take care.x

Didn't  have any choice. We're stuck indoors, down here in Lewes Leper colony. Just waiting for our orange boiler suits with numbers on.

• Like 1

Worried about our son and eldest grandson who are both key workers. Son is a teacher and having to go in to look after the deprived kids. Grandson drives an ambulance and got two young kids waiting for him to bring the virus home! It also means that our immediate family cannot help us.

In our neighbourhood there are dozens of houses with teddy bears in the windows, us included, we’ve got 3 including 70 year old Ted. A neighbour with young children has paintings of rainbows as well.  This gives families something to search for when out for their daily constitution.  It’s a lovely idea.  

• Like 1