• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Our dog always has two walks a day.  My husband always takes him out first thing in the morning because I’m not ready to face the World that early.  I often take the dog a quick walk around the block before bed-time, but last night we broke the ‘one walk a day’ isolation rules ........  there was a Police helicopter hovering nearby for quite some time, it made me a bit edgy thinking there was a criminal on the loose!   We both went out around the eerily quiet streets ....... and got home safely!  It’s amazing how quiet everywhere is, such beautiful weather too.  

• Like 1

As we are all now grounded I decided that it is time to bring out the vinyl discs. A few years ago my husband bought a new turn table and it is linked into the sound system. Rolling Stones disc Aftermath sounds so much better on this than it did  on my old record player in 1966! Then  I found the Kenny Ball album with Mozart on, the track on the disc I played for a 6th form assembly at BGS! Mr Williams got a surprise that day and in my reference he said I had an interesting sense of humour! Lots of music today, interesting things on the laptop and a good glass of whisky to kill any germs! Just seen the post about the classic films on the box tonight. Thanks. I think it will be Saturday Night and Sunday Morning tonight.

Finding a few positives to keep me out of the way in these dreadful times. Keep safe everyone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday morning I was out walking Kai. It was a beautiful day, birds singing, loads of rabbits frolicking in the sun and I saw 2 male pheasants strutting their stuff across a field. It was so lovely, made me forget the madness that is going on for a bit. Then I got a txt on my phone from the government telling me not to go out bringing me back to reality with a bump. 
Today I have contacted friends in Doncaster to see how they all are (a couple of them are in the ‘high risk’ category). They had escaped it initially but it is starting to ramp up there now, 3 deaths at the local hospital. Thankfully they are all okay at the moment, either in lockdown or working from home.
On a lighter note, had a delivery and the driver took a photo of my ‘doggy’ slippers. We both found it quite amusing!

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I'm seeing a lot of these (or variations) posted in the front window of many houses. 

k2FhBH1.jpg?1

CT this is our motto. A rainbow with the phrase in Italian Stay home and it'll be alright. Children and adults have put them everywhere. It adds a bit of hope I think.

• Like 3

I was hanging my sheets out on the line this morning (taking advantage of the beautiful sunshine to dry them) My next door neighbours were having family fun in their garden, they have three children, and all the family were playing on the three 'Space Hoppers' that we gave to them when our G/daughter grew out of them, she will be 20 in Dec, so the hoppers have lasted well.

I heard a little voice  calling Chris (ME)  through the hedge, and I was presented with a lovely painted rainbow with the message 'Stay Safe'.that had been made especially for us cos we are old. Aaaaah! It is now in pride of place in my front window. :biggrin:

• Like 10

I went for a walk this morning.  Shirt sleeve order for the first time this year.  I didn't stay out long though because the local footpaths are heaving with people.

It puzzles me though.  They are mostly people who look older than me, so I don't understand why they have suddenly appeared. How do they normally get their exercise?  Certainly not on the paths I walk.  I don't recognise any of them.  Very odd.

As I came home I noticed the Rainbows in the wndows of the house opposite, where there are two young kids of similar age to my Grandkids.  It's a lovely idea which is not only cheering, but also works to help the kids to accept their enforced isolation froom school friends etc.

Spent the afternoon in the garden.  Warm enough for 'kit off' mode which was nice, because I've run out of Vit D pills and haven't been doing my customary few minutes a week at the local tanning salon.  Obvious reasons.

Trimmed all lawn edges.  Bit of weeding.  Planted out yet more Aquilegia seedlings. 

I found some old Green Bean and Carrot seeds which I'll plant up later and see how they go.  Two chances as they say.

Still loads of flower seeds, mostly annuals.. which I can get started.  Also plan on a row of spuds just from a few sprouty shop bought spuds.  They usually produce a few decent.. or at least edible, spuds.

Still plan to start decorating when the weather turns colder again next week. Improved day length and light levels should help.

Whatsapp conversation between me and older daughter tonight:

She:  " We have a hedgehog!!!"

Me:   " Congratulations!.... that's one meal sorted... :laugh:"

She:  " He's a big one too..."

Me:  " Maybe two meals then?"

She: " Not with this lot.. they won't stop eating...."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Staying indoors does give you an appetite or is it that we haven't much to do and we eat.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

We've been 'digging for victory' this morning.  I planted 20 spuds which were sprouting well.  They weren't seed potatoes - just ordinary smallish ones from the supermarket.  I hope we'll get a few new spuds after a few months.  Gave us a bit of exercise anyway, even if they fail miserably!!  

My exercise yesterday was walking briskly round the outside of our lawn - it's not huge but I did over 2000 steps.  Our cats just sat and watched (seemingly) in amazement... it's not something I usually do!  I expect they think I've completely lost my marbles - if cats are capable of  such analytical thought....

• Like 2

Would you believe that after a few days of fairly high temperature for this time of year it is now SNOWING. It's not settling but everywhere is wet. Hope it turns to rain as we need it desperately.

Hope it will keep people at home home. Stay safe

• Like 5

I thought about the weather this morning, it's beautiful out at the moment and far too nice to be stuck indoors. Most of us I think have an outside area we can access without 'going out' but those who live in flats, especially tower blocks must be feeling a little claustrophobic by now. The temptation to break the rules will be quite strong I suspect.

I'm concerned that if the quarantine continues into the Summer and we have a heatwave the domestic violence will increase along with divorces, especially now alcohol is an essential food item.

I said to Dee "I'm bored shall we go upstairs and..."? She said "fine just remember to stay six feet away"...   :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just back from our first shopping expedition since lockdown. Everyone patiently queuing outside both Aldi and Sainsburys and keeping the allotted distance from each other, no panic or hysteria and plenty on the shelves (apart from beer, wine, and frozen food).

Now just waiting to see if I’ve been accepted for the NHS volunteer thing. Applied yesterday.

• Like 4

Just had a  wonderful feeling of togetherness. I hung out of the bedroom window and joined in as my community stood on their doorsteps and hung out of the bedroom windows clapping  and cheering as someone played 'Don''t worry, cos every little things gonna be alright'.

As i looked up in the sky there was a bright light overhead, I thought it was a satellite but probably a drone, taking pictures. I like to think it was our guardian angel looking out for us all. Keep Safe Every One.xx

• Like 8

I felt the same Carni, it was wonderful  to hear neighbours up and down the road joining in, like you say, it gave a tremendous feeling of togetherness.  There are several NHS workers living around here and our next door neighbour is a hospital consultant, I hope some of them were at home to hear the support they are getting from the country.  

• Like 5

Before the Corona virus came along, there were already many of us Nottstalgians who owed our being alive to the NHS. I am one of them. I have always been indebted to them and my appreciation and admiration is  boundless.  God Bless The NHS.

I have just received a phone call to say the light in the sky is 'The International Space Station'. I prefer 'Guardian Angel :)xx

• Like 7

All our  village seemed to come out to cheer, ring bells, honk car horns and clap this evening.  It was such a great feeling to support the key workers, many of whom we know.  It was very emotional and I had a little cry.  There is so much good coming out of this .....

• Like 2