• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I was unable to open the International Space Station link that Stuart C posted, in case others had a problem with it I’ve just seen something on FB saying that it will be visible at 19.40 tonight travelling from W to EE.  Go on....... get outside and get some fresh air! 

Just trying to lighten the load dear boy. Bring in a bit of levity, that's worr'i  say. Stay safe Ben. B.

1 minute ago, LizzieM said:

I was unable to open the International Space Station link that Stuart C posted, in case others had a problem with it I’ve just seen something on FB saying that it will be visible at 19.40 tonight travelling from W to EE.  Go one ....... get outside and get some fresh air! 

And have a clap Lizzie?

I've got mi jimjams on and a mug of Ovaltine in mi hand, the other one is clutching two chocky biscuits, so there is no chance of me seeing the ISS tonight. I don't want any of the neighbours, thinking 'Oh crikey there's the crazy woman star gazing in her  jimmys again'. Perhaps I'll see it next time.:rolleyes:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

but hoping we have a regular Thursday 8pm community clap

Be careful, we don't want everyone getting the clap.

Seriously though what a great gesture toward all in the NHS who are the key to defeating this virus.

• Like 1

On Tuesday all flags will be at half mast at midday and we will have a minutes silence to grieve for the victims of CV. The medical staff have all been sung for , clapped for and pans rattled for them . Hope they all heard.

I think I must have seen the ISS for quite a while. In the summer we stay outside in the evenings and I've often seen a light which I've always thought was a plane as we are fairly near to a few airports. It does move but haven't taken much notice of how fast. Will look tonight. We have a beautiful day again after the freezing cold and a flurry of snow. We face south and we have a very clear view from west to east. It's the time that doesn't coincide with us how do we calculate from U.K. to Italy around Asti/Turin. Can't d/l app

The ISS will be over Turin:-

Sun Mar 29,     9:46 PM       2 min             36°20° above NW36° above NNE only visible for 2 minutes...

Info here:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=Italy&region=None&city=Turin-Torino#.Xn9JwvZ2uUk

This evening I was invited to a party.

At 5:00 pm I pulled a couple of chairs to the outer limits of my open plan front lawn and, armed with a bottle of Pinot, two glasses and Mrs Col, proceeded to participate in the *** Drive Massive's first ever Socially Distanced Street Party.

For around one hour 6 couples, all neighbours who have been practising rigid Social Distancing for weeks and 'Stay At Home' since ordered, conversed and caroused from the safety of our respective front lawns until forced inside . Not by the authorities, but by a biting wind and sub 8 C temperatures.

Take that Coronavirus!!!

• Like 7

A bad news day here. A neighbour taken by ambulance to hospital. Symptoms - dangerously high temperature and fever, cause unknown. 

He is mid 50's and still working. Difficult to have a conversation or offer help, tea and sympathy whilst yelling across the street... Hope he's OK

Hope he'll be OK Brew and that  you haven't been too close to him!   Had he been working?

I'm like a bloomin hermit at the moment Margie so not been in close company to anyone. My hair will soon be long enough to plait (she says), though I draw the line at hair shirts.

My neighbour is a designer. glass lampshades last time we spoke, so no idea why he carried on working.

Looking for a silver lining I suppose those of us that are retired and have a pension are in a better position than the poor devils who are losing their jobs and income.

• Like 1

Not enjoying this isolation with the cold weather, but I am grateful I am better off than many others, especially when I can get in the garden.

Today as it was too cold for me to go in the garden so I helped with the cleaning ,Mondays is cleaning day, I turned on Spotify and listen to my daily choice. It was a mistake it was all 60s music, and the wife started singing, despite numerous attempts to stop her she didn't. So after seeing numerous mentions of Beethoven on this Forum I turned onto him. I must admit I quite enjoyed it , but someone else didn't. I have had it made abundantly clear to me I must change my ways very quickly or I will be isolated in the garage. 

I am presently making a list of what to take with me. lol

• Like 4

Yes, Brew, I think most on here are in receipt of pension.  There are those of us, though, who are self-employed,  like my husband and I, who, whilst in our 60's, are without any pension or income and have to wait until at least June for any Govt support

• Like 1