How's your day?

I sympathise, three of my family are sole traders, and the outlook for them at the moment is a bit bleak.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Brew said:

I'm like a bloomin hermit at the moment Margie so not been in close company to anyone. My hair will soon be long enough to plait (she says), though I draw the line at hair shirts.

My neighbour is a designer. glass lampshades last time we spoke, so no idea why he carried on working.

Looking for a silver lining I suppose those of us that are retired and have a pension are in a better position than the poor devils who are losing their jobs and income.

Exactly it Brew.

I'm very lucky in the sense that I'm able to work from home whilst all this goes on! Unfortunately the warehouse staff cannot and as such all head office staff have been furloughed so the company can apply for help from the government. Hoping the local Nottingham based family business can keep on taking the world by storm once this is all over!

• Upvote 1

I've got tonight's entertainment lined up. I found my Dire Straits 'On The Night' DVD. 

Gilmour's 'Remember That Night' (Albert Hall) was last week's show.

DVDs still to come, Cream Farewell Concert and Shadows 'Final Tour'. Final final tour actually. 

Had a really nice walk with Kai this morning. Only thing that spoilt it was people racing round on bikes. I don’t always hear them coming and they don’t seem to slow down or let you know they are coming. Don’t bikes have bells now? They could at least shout and slow down to let me know they are coming so I can get Kai on the lead and let them past. I have had a couple of close calls and if one hit Kai they would find they are wearing the bike. It is really starting to annoy me:aggressive:

Let your dog bite the buggers SG. that would teach em. I've no sympathy for morons like that. They deserve all they get.

• Upvote 1

WW. Glad your still using DVDs. I've just spent the last few days converting vhs tapes to DVD.  Very time consuming, I know, but got nowt else to do. At least I don't  have to sit and watch, just set them off and go and have a cuppa. Still got another13 cassettes to go. Mind you, some classic films though.

I was out on me bike this morning,,,only saw one person,,lady with dog)...we were all on the footpath in the local Park,,,i don't have a Bell'' but always shout  ''Ding..Ding..me Bell's broke''......did that this morning,,all to no avail.....so Dismounted,,and giving the the required space of 2 metre's,,wished the lady and Dog good morning''..........Mistake,,bleddy Dog went mad,,Barking snarling and nearly dragging the Lady off her feet....jumped back on me Bike and Pedaled away sharpish.

On my way back saw em both again,,,so dismounted again,,,'''Said Good morning'' again to the lady and jokingly said ''he nearly had me dint he?......whilst the Dog made a fuss of me,,it was the lady this time who had a go,,,''yes serves ya right'' she said...........miserable old sod.........lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I had a bike ride yesterday past Bilbro and Strelley hall to Kimberley. Quite a few people walking about and seemed friendly, I don't go very fast tho, maybe I need to lose a bit more weight.

A female immune to your charm and charisma, Ben? What's the world coming to?

I'm sure the canine population has quadrupled at the very least in my neck of the woods. Never seen so many people out with their hounds. Perhaps these doggies don't normally go out, in which case, the current situation has done them a favour.

Tarquin has spent the morning in the garden. I'm decorating and every time I go up the ladder, he follows me. He's so nosy!  Looks hilarious but it's too dangerous for both of us, so out he went!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good news re hospitalised neighbour. It is Covid19 but mild (like  very bad flu apparently),  he will be released later today under strict orders to self isolate (not even family contact), for a minimum 14 days.

Getting juuuust a tad too close for comfort here...

• Like 1

Obviously the 'royal version ' , let's hope that if any of us get it, it's that version.

• Like 1

Royal or not Waddo it scared the living daylights out his family, his immediate neighbour were none too happy either...

• Like 1

I can believe it.  As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as 'mild' Flu.. so a 'very bad' Flu would be terrifying.. which would make 'serious Covid' totally petrifyingly scarily terrifying.

Or worse.

• Like 1

I've been trying several supermarkets to get deliveries as I really don't feel safe doing the shopping.

So I spent an hour tonight being ignored by the Asda website and being frustrated by the Morrison's web site. I don't know how they work.. but at the last minute before I gave up, a little '£1' appeared in the last slot on the last day of Morrisons deliveries. I clicked on it and suddenly I had a slot!!!

Whoopee!!

So.. I made the huge mistake of waking Mrs Col from her slumbers on the couch and asked if she'd like to do the shop. She said yes.  (She likes to be in charge of shopping)

I made a BIG point of explaining that we needed to check out in a bit under and hour to avoid losing the slot.

Did she take notice?  No. She sauntered through the shop as if she was actually in a bloody supermarket.. comparing prices.. ummimg and aahhing. All the time I'm saying 'just buy some bloody food!! ..you have less than an hour to checkout or you'll lose the slot!!!"

So.. she did her usual trick of digging in and going slower. She seemed incapable of grasping that this is not a normal situation and that we need to get essentials first and then anything else if we have time.  Several times I asked her nicely to just check out and pay to secure the order but she STILL kept buggering about.

She finally checked out with a minute to spare and we ended up having a huge row about it. Next time I'll just get a slot and do the order myself.. I don't need any more stress.

Women and shopping.  It's an all day expedition often securing nothing.

Men and shopping.  We know what we need/want.  We go in, we get it, we leave. That simple.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

DJ360 I know what you mean my wife is the same, I was greeted with how do I know what I want in 3 weeks time, in the end I ordered what I wanted. I am an impatient stupid old man, but whatever food comes we will be able to eat, which is the most important thing.  I have to agree with the wife I hate shopping, I have waited outside shops for what seems a major part of my life. I just don't see the point of looking at things you don't want and have no intention of buying, but then that's the view of a stupid impatient old man who is still carrying out his sentence in the spare bedroom, with a full belly. lol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Last two posts made me smile!

My Partner said to me..she is looking forward to finding out what her natural hair colour is! A saving of 1400 quid a year came to mind....

• Like 2

I hate going shopping with the better half, she starts at one isle, goes on to the next and then back again to the first. When I think we've got everything she goes back to first isle again, much rather go on my own.

• Like 1

Don't agree. Takes me five minutes or less to get what I want in any shop. What irritates the hell out of me are males with trollies, buggering about, blocking my way, dithering and generally holding everyone up.

It wouldn't occur to me to do my shopping online. I have two legs which are in good working order and I use them.

I’ve always been shocked before this virus malarky, the amount of younger families on my street who regularly have home supermarket delivery’s & they turn up at half ten @ night banging about! I return the favour by putting my bin out (loudly) before I leave for work @ half five. Can’t be that hard to go to the shop? 

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

. What irritates the hell out of me are males with trollies, buggering about, blocking my way, dithering and generally holding everyone up.

Probably trying to read the shopping list written by a Female.:crazy:

Lists?.... More like...

ello…. yeah it's me.... yeah not bad.... I'm in Tesco enni and..... no listen what did yer ask me ter get..... oh yeah that's  right...….. yeah .. no... yeah I know but they got own brand and it's....  oh OK...… no tell er I'll gerrit forra….  ow much does she want.....   ooo I know it were awful.... they reckon it's gonna..... nooo…. when..... that's bad tharis…  no I can't right nah.... listen I'll ring inna a bit 'cos me credits nearly go……..

• Like 2