How's your day?

Jill you will find me blocking the isle with a trolley because I am instructed, no ordered, to go with the wife and follow her with it. She doesn't drive and refuses to go on the bus and carry all the bags. Same time each Thursday morning  and she stops to talk with too bl***dy many people each week. By the time we leave the supermarket and arrive home I am not a nice person to talk to.  Have you arrived at the view that I don't care for shopping.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

RR are you the only one that does things right. You give the impression that you are against the whole world.

• Like 1

I don't mind shopping,,probably because i spent so many years ''Pretending to ''.....i do dislike watching blokes shopping,,,(then again i dislike most blokes),,,they always think there on a mission'' at the checkout''...placing the divider between the person in front and their own shopping,,as if it important,,then stretching over my shopping to get summat,,,the belt gets there eventually mate!! Then packing their bags,,as if they are loading an 'Ack-Ack gun,,,i deliberately take my time paying if its a bloke behind me,,especially when they start Blowing and huffing and Puffing,,,and if its a nice lady serving me i give her loads of Innane chat.....that really gets em going...and i really love counting the CASH im handing over,,takes ages that.''......lol

• Like 4

Hopefully Brew.....lol,,,,,,,,,,,,why don't you just stop in like most blokes of our age....and watch them silly sods on TV ads telling their neighbours how well off they'll be when they snuff it,,,..........''''Yes i'm 39, and never smoked'''............or........''''Hello Dorris,,(as hes making a healthy sandwich) yes it my over 50s insurance reminder, you even get a free Pen'''.......or even that bleddy Gardener bloke....'''yes,,i'll be pushing up Daisies soon instead of planting these,,,are'nt they Gorgeous?'''.............SOD OFF !!!!.............

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

It wouldn't occur to me to do my shopping online. I have two legs which are in good working order and I use them.

So do I Jill and normally I wouldn't consider online food shopping.  However, I've been socially distancing for weeks.. since long before we were 'ordered' to. 

It would all be a bit pointless if I were to acquire CV whilst wandering about in a supermarket, and as far as I'm concerned that is a possibility even in well managed queues etc.  So, I'd prefer not to take my 71 year old male heart with blocked right ventricular artery, RV muscle death and moderate LV failure, into any avoidable possibility of getting the bug.  To do so would just give me cause to worry even more for a couple of weeks wondering...  It would also be irresponsible as I could potentially become a casualty and a burden on the NHS as well as potentially infecting Mrs Col. 

So for the forseeable I'll get food delivered as far as possible.  

I've already had two deliveries of wine.  Priorities you know...

Next door neighbour has just had a delivery of beer.

There's a company just over the ridge delivering fresh fruit and veg in various sizes and prices of box. Not exactly cheap but not extortionate.

And our milkman will also deliver bread, eggs, butter, yoghurts, fruit juices etc.

I think we'll get by...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brew said:

So YOU'RE the one that drives me insane an does me 'ead in!!           :angry2:

Being perfect, I always endeavour to have my re-useable bags ready and my card easily accessible for payment.:rolleyes:

I get annoyed with people who bugger about and especially the ones (mostly women) who wait until they've been told what to pay before they start looking for their card or purse at the bottom of some bag which is as deep as the Mariana Trench.  I find it dumb and a bit selfish.

However, because, being perfect, I am obviously negotiating the check out as quickly as is humanly possible.. I get even more annoyed with people who push up close from behind.

The last one, some little beady eyed bloke, was advised.  "I'm moving as fast as I can.. Leaning on me will slow me down".  He backed off. Obviously if he'd been seven foot two he'd only have got the look....

• Like 1

It's annoying when you are looking at products on the shelf when a hand brush as past your head to grab something without even saying excuse me. Do I move out of the way for them, no I don't.

• Like 1

Did she get caught with her fingers in the till, thinking the change would do her good!!

• Like 1

We have been shopping this morning (I was allowed out  to drive, her car has a flat battery), and I'm told the majority of shoppers in the supermarket were middle aged males who were wandering up and down the aisles looking for all the world like the thirteenth tribe - lost and abandoned - yes many had a list.

As the singer 'seasick steve' once said, " I started out with nothing, and still got most of it left " i can relate to that.

• Like 1

In the garden this morning.  I've planted Lettuce, Cabbage,Carrots and Cucumber.  All cool weather stuff.  I hope it makes it before we hit the nineties.  Mrs. L did the shopping online thing.  I think it took longer than when she goes over there.  For myself I'd still go tothe store.  If I got it I might get better or die.  Not worried either way, but I wouldn't want to infect Mrs L or anyone else.  Soooo!  I just 'sit' and 'stay'  like a good hound or go and have a dig in the garden.  Think I'll go bury a bone out there. :wacko:

• Like 2

About a year ago when I was shopping with Mrs WW I was at the checkout loading the belt, mrs WW was bagging up at the other end. When I'd done and put the separater on the belt the woman behind me complimented me on my efficient and logical way I loaded the belt. That's when I realised I was doing it wrong.

• Like 3

I did a proper supermarket shop today, first time for over 2 weeks.  It was all very civilised in Arnold Sainsburys at around 3pm.  No queuing to get in, everyone respecting the 2m distance in the shop, managed to buy almost everything we needed, just couldn't find any flour or Branston Pickle.  Feel very satisfied that the job is done seeing as I've never done on-line food shopping and over the weekend thought I'd try to get a 'slot'.  No chance with any of the supermarkets for about 3 weeks still.  

A spokesperson for Addenbrokes hospital in Cambridge was on the local news tonight.  He said they were expecting their peak to be in around 4 weeks (not that anyone can be sure). They hope they'll have enough ventilators by then .    I'm staying isolated so hopefully one of them won't have my name on it!   

I would like a bit more time on Earth so my youngest grandchildren will remember me more clearly, but if it's my time then so be it....  

I'm  not being negative... but I am prepared (like Loppy)

• Like 1

You were lucky, Lizzie.

Our trip to Aldi started OK, with everyone queuing properly. Until one of the local morons turned up with his missus and four kids. They ignored the social distancing rules, pushing through to try to get a trolley, and then proceeded to argue with the security man on the door about why he wasn’t allowed to take the whole family in.

In the end, only him and two of his kids were allowed in.

I had to admire the security bloke for not clocking him one.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Back to the grind tomorrow, don’t know how your lot do it (tin hat on) :rolleyes: 

Lets hope you live long enough to find out RR but I'll let you into a little secret. Part of it watching and sniggering at the poor sods who still have to work for their bread n butter.   thumbsup

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A couple of day ago I planted some carrot seeds in deep pots.  Done more in hope than expectation as the seeds are well out of date.  I've found that carrots grow better for me in deep pots than in my little veg patch.  I tried using plastic crates with a 50/50 mix of sand and compost but that didn't work.. which is odd since carrots are supposed to like sandy soil..  I can keep the pts high up on an old table to discourage Carrot Fly.

Today (Weds) I planted up some flower seeds.  Mrs Col got a pack of 8 types supposedly insect and bee attractants.. so I've thrown Shirley Poppies direct onto bit of rough border and put others (Clarkia, Larkspur, Night Scented Stock, Nigella, Candytuft) into a tray.  See what we get.

Haven't played much music lately so I dug out my new B&W PX7 bluetooth headphones and tried to listen to some music from my Innuos server, via my Samsung Tab A.  After 30 minutes getting nowhere I did some digging online.  It seems that the App 'B&W PX' doesn't work with the PX7 and I needed to download 'B&W Headphones'.  That makes sense....

Also..if anybody has the first clue how playlists work please PM me.  They drive me nuts...  It seems impossible to just choose an abum and play the damned thing.  Either get nothing or the same track repeating endlessly.  I really don't think I'm completely stupid.. what am I doing wrong?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MargieH said:

I would like a bit more time on Earth so my youngest grandchildren will remember me more clearly, but if it's my time then so be it....  

I'm  not being negative... but I am prepared (like Loppy)

I'm not prepared. I was resigned to shuffling off this mortal coil sometime in the next few years when the old ticker gives out.  That seems fair.  This virus is a very cruel and pitiless thing which gives no quarter and I really would rather not succumb if that's OK with whatever forces determine such things. And anyway.. I haven't finished the decorating...

• Upvote 1