How's your day?

12 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I did a proper supermarket shop today, first time for over 2 weeks.  It was all very civilised in Arnold Sainsburys at around 3pm.  No queuing to get in, everyone respecting the 2m distance in the shop,  

I dropped in to the Lidl at the bottom of Carlton Road about 6.30pm yesterday evening. Surprisingly few people; no queues; everything seemed to be available - no massive gaps on shelves; they even had plenty of "reduced-because-it's-today's-date" offers.

I think the panic-buying madness is over.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thought I'd give this online delivery malarkey a go, managed to get a delivery a slot, so I've ordered, turkey, pigs in blankets & sprouts, that's Christmas sorted :crazy:

To CTs post above we did our shop @ the new Aldi on Chatterley Parkway Nuthall on Sunday around 3pm, no queuing, not many in & everything we required was available. 

Got an email today...

”Congratulations and welcome to our community! You are now a NHS Volunteer Responder and can start supporting your community and NHS by assisting with vital requests needed during such a crucial time.”

Well, someone has to look after the old folks!

• Like 5

Yesterday each family received 2 masks which were promised a while ago.

What a good end to my day again. I have just witnessed all of my neighbours out in the front gardens all clapping, tinkling, banging pans and cheering for the NHS  It really warms the cockles. Lovely feeling, hope I can settle down at beddy byes time.  Big distant Hugs to all. :Friends:

• Like 10

I ordere a load of lamb yesterday to be delivered today. Think the butcher misunderstood.

%5Burl=https://postimg.cc/CdhQBNYv%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://i.postimg.cc/CdhQBNYv/IMG-0132.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Dont think this pic has been a success. Tried a few times but always comes up in a code.

I can see loads of errors in that "URL" Nonna, there is no way it would work, there's two URL's in one for a start, then img and IMG, HTML doesn't allow things like that .

I can't even help you with that and I've debugged hundreds of web pages, I can't even see where to start with it....

Could not sleep so to cheer up thought i would sign in --------------------------

Well I will say what we are all thinking  """""""""" ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A YEAR""""""

OH!! on a better note our bowling green should open this weekend, was looking forward to it,

WAS  NO CHANCE !!

but I still wake up each morning in my normal way then I think I am so lucky, never lived though a war, was in at the start of Rock n' Roll, Birth pill invented, married to master 55 years, left him once but then went back. Had two sons who both have nice wives, and 3 grandson's  now here's where it stop's  two of grandson are at work (I think) but the young one has just left school was going to start an engineer apprenticeship NOW!!! what doe's the future hold for him? after it's all over, as, no way this world is going  back to what we know an normal. Well we will just have to start again  to quote line of a a song!!!

"THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND WE THOUGHT THEY 'D  NEVER END"

Well this beats all now 

Just had a look at my friends facebook page her name is Jayne Watson and she works at the City & QMC hospitals. After a very long week, she came home parked up and some other car went into her car and ((please all look at her facebook page) and you will see cars a right-off.  What can she do she as to get to work, yes bus's but where she lives  Hucknall i'm sure the Trent/Barton bus doe's not go past City Hospital.  I have sent an e-mail to Ford UK and ask if they could help.

,Ayup, delete it if at all possible. The pic was a herd of sheep outside our front gate. They were being taken up the road to graze. My daughter spotted them and took a photo. My son put it on his page on FB and I copied it . So probably that's the problem. However the caption was that I ordered a load of lamb to be delivered and the butcher got the order wrong. Thanks for letting me know. I usually post pics on laptop but this time I did it on iPad . Could it be that?

Mary I'm sure your friend would not want everyone looking at her FB page. But hope she does find some way of getting to work as like here nursing staff at this moment in time are precious. Keep safe and at home. It WILL get better.

• Like 1

Just sent my granddaughter in law next door a long range hug as she was getting in her car to go to work. Her work? Well, she is a florist at John Woods - well she was. She has been transferred to the funeral service. (Co-op). After 3 days she has learnt a lot about life and death that a normal job would not teach you. Having to deal with relatives of the deceased and yesterday a 3 month old baby. I am so proud of her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

During my daily constitutional I am still surprised at the amount of traffic on the main roads (Westdale, Mapperley Top, Porchester) in the middle of the morning - not usual time for starting/ending a work shift so are they all going (essential) shopping?  Also loads of BT OpenReach workers dotted around, some clearly installing new cables (so not just fixing someone's broadband) and Severn Trent installing new pipes.  As for playing dodgems on the pavements, some folk obviously can't fathom the distance of six foot.

IMG-20200403-113113.jpg

Just come out me front door to be greeted with these. Suprise, suprise. The scent is superb. 

• Like 5

Nonna you could count sheep to take your mind off this wicked virus hope it is getting better in Italy we have not reached the peak in Canada yet everywhere is closed down except essential services in Saskatchewan as of now there are 220 cases with 3 deaths. Take care our thoughts are with you all Ian and Jill Canada.

• Like 1