How's your day?

Thankyou  Stuart C. Yes that's the photo.

Ian Finn thanks for the hope and think I will be counting sheep. If it's not sheep it's cows. Lots of fields around here.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yesterday my daughter ordered some fruit and other things to be delivered from a local shop. The delivery man phoned to say he was on his way and she asked how much, to have the money ready. The reply made her gasp a bit. She had ordered some fruit, flour, avocados etc. Normally wouldn't have come to more than €15 but he told her € 60+ . She thought whoops delivery charge is high. But when the order came and she checked it , what she had ordered was 3 oranges, 4 apples and so on. What the shop keeper had understood was in KG so she ended up with 4 kg of apples etc. She did tell him but she said leave it because we'll get through them. I can't get SR flour so  she ordered me kg3 of plain flour plus the vanilla baking powder. When I saw it I had to laugh because instead of receiving the amount I wanted there were 2 great big packs with a free pkt of icing sugar, making 14 pkts altogether. 

We had a smoothie this morning with some of the apples and carrots with a large piece of ginger. 

BTW delivery was free.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Took Kai out for our morning constitutional this morning. Decided to go to the woods, haven’t been there since we lost Wolf just before Christmas. There were a lot of walkers, people on bikes and walking dogs. Also a lot on horses, does this count as exercise? As The Engineer said some don’t understand the 6’ rule so we ended going up banks and into fields to avoid some. Started to get a bit tiresome after a while.

Finally got to the woods, the bluebells are starting to come through and it was full of birdsong, hard to believe what is happening outside of it. It was a bit emotional on the meadow, I chased a Kai round a bit and then sat on the bench whilst he had a sniff around. I could see Wolf running round the meadow, he did love being there chasing around, must admit I shed a tear or two, we still miss him. But all in all it was a good walk, nice to have a bit of normality for an hour or two before coming back to all this mess. 

• Like 2

No disrespect Brew, but I thought that the 'essential ' exercise was meant for people. Horses can run around in a field!. My point mainly is, do people have to go out to exercise?. Exercise can be undertaken at home , thereby reducing contact with others. I thought that was what is is all about.

I agree and have made exactly the same point at least twice. No disrespect to our doggy members but neither is dog walking  an essential exercise. Despite this, as someone has noted, the number using dogs as an excuse for being out and about seems to be growing. I think there must a 'rent a dog'  service somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You're in the high risk category LL so you just be careful mate, the hounds need you!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Can't walk mine now after that rotten stroke.  Right leg is gammy.

Loppy, I hope the stroke has not affected you ability to still do some fancy footwork on the organ pedals.

I'm slowly getting both hands working together but as for the feet, no hope for that as yet.

Will be doing more as this lockdown continues and I fixed a loose wire on the headphone socket so no one else has to suffer the pain of mishit notes.

The organ also has a cassette recorder in it but it is not working, not got around to that yet.

• Like 1

Oz, I'll  send my bathroom mirror light over, you can fix that for me. Suspect a dodgy switch but can't get the bloody shade off to have a look. :huh:

I know how you feel BK we have a light in the cooktop hood/fan/light and it looks like one of the two bulbs has blown but I am buggered if I can see how to get the lens cover off, No screws or clips that I can see and am a bit reluctant to prise it off as they get brittle and can easily break.

The instruction book that comes with it does not give you any clues either. I just says remove the cover but does not tell you how.

Hi Oz, I've no idea if this helps.  We have one of those unbranded black glass cooker hoods that sit at an angle on the wall, rather than the type with a full on hood with corners that you keep banging your head on. Similar to this:

976FH_P&$prodImageMedium$

The smaller panel unclips to allow access to the washable aluminium mesh filter.  ( Push panel in at the bottom to release clips nd lift panel off the 'hangers' at the top. Also, once it is off you can access the lamps.  They are mounted at the bottom of the unit 'firing' downward.  IIRC, it is necessary to push the lamp holder sideways to access it, then the lamp comes out easily.  I replaced the original blown glass 'halogen' lamp with a plastic LED equivalent and it's been fine.

You could also try googling the model and make to see if there's anything online.

On the other hand.. the hood itself is noisy and not especially efficient, so it will get replaced in the next year or so, ideally for one with proper ducting to an outside vent.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here waiting for the much heralded "single warm sunny day with temps up to 20 degrees C".  Not much sign of it yet.. just an averagely bright day, lot of high cloud and a cool breeze.  I suspect my sun lounger will stay stashed under it's cover round the side of the house for now.

OTOH, I confidently expect the forecast for cloud and rain tomorrow will arrive promptly and exceed expectations...:(.

It's being so cheerful as keeps me going...

• Like 1

On the upside, my garden is looking nice. Early days yet, but I have anemones flowering strongly in the 'hot' border, which will come into it's own later with Clematis Niobe, a pink Paeony, and a dozen or so other border perennials including Penstemons, Scabius and Delphinium.

The shady bit at the top has primulas which are as good as they've ever been in reds and yellows.  They are easily divided but I usually forget.  I'll do them as soon as they finish flowering.  Also in that border are about 5 or 6 Kgs of Daffodils/Narcissiusses which I planted last Sept.  Flowering strongly.  Bringing up the rear are Lupins, Aquilegia, Alliums, Fritillaria etc, in amongst assorted shrubs. Finally several Japanese Anemones for a bit of late colour. Two flowering cherry trees coming into leaf too.  All looking good so far.

Assorted annuals also sown.

Finally, on my scruffy old patio are four or five large pots crammed with tulips, 'fancy' narcissii, and Anemone De Caen. The Tulips are just opening..

I've still got loads of young Aquilegias, Echinacea and a few 'basal' cuttings of Lupins in the cold frame.  Hope to get a few of those out in the borders over the coming months.

Just had a look at Flightradar 24.       https://www.flightradar24.com/-8.43,-131.6/2

Still  a frightening amount of traffic, though a very high proportiomn seems to be freight.

However.. a number of flights.. Mostly BA, leaving London Heathrow for undisclosed destinations....

I suppose they could be flights to pick up Brits trying to get home?  Or are they rats leaving a sinking ship?

Very odd.

Amazed to see all my roses survived my first ever pruning session as well as my acer. One of the fuscias is taking its time but has shoots on it. The sedum is really flourishing, I love those always remind me of my dad. Unfortunately the 2 acorns I planted haven’t made any effort at all but an apple pip I planted has sprouted much to my amazement. 
When do I start feeding the potted plants?

26 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

However.. a number of flights.. Mostly BA, leaving London Heathrow for undisclosed destinations....

I

Probably flying off to be parked up at regional airports.  I saw a drone video recently of dozens and dozens of BA planes, including 747s parked up at Bournemouth Airport.  Quite a sight and rather eerie.   

• Like 1

Good point Lizzie.