• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

More than can  be said for the Nottingham man who drove to London for a loaf of bread, 240 miles round trip ...... idiot.  Bet he enjoyed the drive up the empty motorway though, at 110 mph. 

• Like 1

Daffs/Narcissi going strong.  Tulips just coming in.  Some small Snake's Head Fritillary are flowering.. apparrently they will get bigger over the years.

Alliums, Aquiliegias, Delphiniums and lots else all 'stirring'.

Could be worse.

6 hours ago, loppylugs said:

I just can't imagine the M1 empty.

I remember back in the 60's as a kid running across the M1 in the Nuthall area, always quiet in the early days of the motorway. Seem to remember crawling through pipes under the road as well?

Still busy decorating. I'm terrible for buying wallpaper. Buy it and salt it away. I've found rolls of wallpaper I didn't know I had!

If the police had raided my house, they'd have found lots of bags of white powder. Don't get excited. It's wallpaper paste!

I can keep going for a long time yet and it's rather therapeutic.

• Like 2

Sat here this morning wondering where to go today. So far have walked the pennine way, bagged all the highest peaks, 

cycled round the M25 and so on. Think I might just stay in, seeing as how I'm well over 70 and under house arrest. Spent Monday converting all 10, 1 hour programmes of "Band of Brothers", to dvd. When I finally finished, 'er indoors remarked, "Oh, so that's what you look like". Over the last three weeks, I have converted over 300 hours of vhs. Looking in the bathroom mirror, I realised I'm growing a beard ! Should be just right for my Christmas job, as it's a nice shade of grey. See Carni, you're not the only one who can waffle.  :rolleyes:

Edit...Decided to make a start painting my milk churn, but bugger! got no base paint.

• Like 2

Wilkos is still open up here BK, are they down your end? Would  they sell the paint you need? I was about to ask if you’d made a start on the churn ......

On 4/6/2020 at 10:02 AM, Brew said:

On ours you have to push up not pull down and they swing out. On a previous AEG they were hinged and it was necessary to use something like a small screwdriver to prise one edge down

There is a Nottingham connection to our range hood, The name of the Manufacturer is RobinHood!  Not game to prise anything due to risk of cracking.

Now all I have to do is find a model number and then I can download the "destruction manual".

We do have a Wilko in Burgess Hill, but if I'm in lockdown and can't go out for food, I'm hardly likely to travel a 14 mile round trip just for a tin of paint. I don't think that paint constitutes as emergency supplies. I might have to cadge some wallpaper of Jill Sparrow and paper the churn. I'm  quite adept at decopage. 

• Like 1

Changing the subject, which I'm  allus doin'. Ordered a new printer this am and told 5 - 10 days delivery, which is fine, I'm not going anywhere. Had an email about 12.00 ish to say it would be delivered tomorrow 9th. Not bad eh? Had loads of pix sent via email of our great nieces so will have plenty to do for a few days. Now just got to get some burgundy paint for me churn.

Yesterday I tried to fill out a very simple form to renew my passport . 2 pages long, and not even 2 full pages. Lovely weather,  so took the forms outside to fill in. Oops, put the wrong info in a box . Back side to run off another page. Sat back out and started again.  Oops a different mistake this time. Back inside and print another page. Sat back outside and found the printer had left off the top line. Back inside for another copy. Back out, where's me pen? Damn, left it inside so go and fetch it. Start over again, I finally got the FIFTH copy done properly.  All this time hubby is trying to nap outside and constantly hearing my moans and sighs.  Then he tells me,  you should have just copied mine! Grrrr. Today he suggested I take the envelope to the P.O. to mail both forms and new photos. Not bloody likely, if there is any way I can screw up that task, believe me,  I will find it!

• Like 3

Allus  a bit wary of Amazon Brew, especially after seeing on YouTube some evidence of buying from a picture.

For example, a chair you can put in your palm or a rug that turns out the size of a swan vestas box etc. Always with the tag line, "perils of buying online".

Never had a problem with them BK. As for YouTube there will always be some clown who gets it wrong... and you have the distance selling regs to back you up if it's not right.

Wouldn't be so presumptuous to knock it though Brew. Never having used it, I'm not in a position to judge.

Someone years ago got me a triple cd called "Illustrated history of Scotland", told me later she got it from Amazon. Will have to learn this buying online malarkey. 

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

My Grandad always said "If you catch a weasel asleep piss in it's earhole”

When my granddad was going for a pee, he used to say he was "just going to wring me stocking" Years later, after he'd died, I realised it was probably a reference to peeing on his sock in the trenches before gas masks were readily available.

• Like 1

Beekay 

I should phone or get Wilko's up on line if you are going to buy any paint from there. Reason my daughter-in-law called in our local Wilkos today and she told me that there was not a single tin of paint on the shelves.

Anybody see "Return to Belsen" last night. Those images have been flitting though my mind all day. My Dad was amongst the troops who liberated the camp. He died when I was a nipper, so never got the chance to ask him anything about it. There were images in that program that I just wouldn't mention on here.

"Lest we forget" takes on an additional meaning.

30 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

Thank you for your input Mary1947, will have a look but can't see Wilkk delivering one half pint tin of gloss.

1 hour ago, AfferGorritt said:

Anybody see "Return to Belsen" last night. Those images have been flitting though my mind all day. 

Yes AG we watched it and we will never forget the harrowing scenes that were shown, just terrible, awful and so sad.  It must have been dreadful for the British soldiers and there’s little wonder a lot of our men came home from the war suffering from PTSD.  Our neighbour was the Executive Producer of the programme (an old colleague of CliffTon) and he was telling us about it a few days ago, saying that it would be uncomfortable to watch.  He was correct.