How's your day?

9 hours ago, Beekay said:

Thank you for your input Mary1947, will have a look but can't see Wilkk delivering one half pint tin of gloss.

Don;t worry i still have some paint left in my shed, White/white/ white/ and a dirty sand colour, although o can't see Royal Mail too please to deliver them. Oh well it will have to wait! x

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Wilkos in Bulwell shelves empty of paint, apart from the crappy Wilkos own brand stuff, asked a member of staff who said "They are not stacking the shelves while its busy due to social distancing we are stacked to the gunnels out the back?" she then fetched me

2.5L Dulux Pure Brilliant White Once Gloss

2.5L Dulux EasyCare Rock Salt Matt

2.5L Dulux EasyCare Soft Truffle Matt

2 Harris brushes 2 sanding blocks, the gloss was £21 but at the till was charged £17 the same as the emulsion? 

Was looking forward to Forest v Fulham on Friday night & 3 days in SkegVagas! How times have changed :angry: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, mary1947 said:

can't see Royal Mail too please to deliver

Really? Today I have risked my life delivering (you can usually work out by feel what it is) 2 bottles of fairy liquid, an axe, phone covers, car mats, dildo, plastic bin, bog brush, pizza cutter, umbrella & a shovel to a bloke living in a 1st floor flat & Boris Johnson’s letter, all essential items mind :crazy:

On April 8, 2020 at 11:51 AM, katyjay said:

Yesterday I tried to fill out a very simple form to renew my passport . 2 pages long, and not even 2 full pages. 

Are you going for a British passport or US?

I have a Canadian passport, but I was told I could still get a Brit passport if I wanted one.  No point having two.  Couldn't get a US because I'm not a citizen.

Re Film on tv about Belsen. My brother was stationed in Germany many years ago and when my parents visited him they all went round Belson. My dad was a keen photographer consequently I have a lot of his photos and a full album of them from Belsen. It's upsetting to browse through the album but think it's important to know about it. 

• Like 1

Great turnout of neighbours at 8pm supporting the NHS. These Thursday nights are taking their toll on my little Pinkies all this clapping. Numb fingers for about half an hour.  Will copy next doors kids next week and take a pan and spoon out. Do a bit of clanging for a change.

Past the 'Dustbin Men' today on our exercise Cycle ride. Hubs shouted 'Well done lads, I gave a thumbs up and a thank you. Really made them smile. I would have done the same as we passed the 'Sewage Plant', but couldn't see anyone about. Thanked our Postie as well this morning. We rely on so many people more than we realise. So grateful to every one out there.:) Thank you to everyone.

• Like 4

We took out some handbells instead of clapping tonight!    We, too, heard spoons on saucepans and cars tooting their horns as well as clapping.... lovely!

• Like 2

Took this out tonight it’s metal bell I got years ago from the Nottingham milk race, I’ve noticed the young lad across the road is always out first waiting,, gave him my drum tonight, we made a old right racket, going to try & get some explosives for next Thursday. 

Mrs Reds took working from home to another level, I’ve got this great big city council Mercedes-Benz mini bus parked on the front, she’s delivering food parcels over the weekend. 

EVLP5u6U4AEDn15?format=jpg&name=largeL

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

A good turnout on our street again tonight.  I decided to give a few blasts on my penny whistle.  I got it out hoping to be able to work out 'Thank You Very Much', which Mike McCartney/McGear and Co. have re-worked to raise cash for the NHS.  Sadly. or perhaps not. my minimal Penny Whistle skills deserted me.  Meanwhile a chap a couple of streets away was playing amplified guitar and singing Stand By Me.  All very heartening.

One of our neighbours has set up a WhatsApp group for the street.  So we are all able to share info, jokes and so on.  It all helps.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately in our zone we can't do it as there's are only4 houses and it's not the same. But the apartments do it and it's very emotional.

I is now mostly miffed wi mesen. 

I have a big blister from sweeping the drive and patio, that's how bored I am. Putting the yard brush back in the garage I see the new garden vacuum I bought last year.            :angry:

• Upvote 1

At least you got some exercise, without jogging round the country infecting people or catching anything.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Waddo said:

At least you got some exercise, without jogging round the country infecting people or catching anything.

You're not helping you know...  kickme

44 minutes ago, Brew said:

I is now mostly miffed wi mesen. 

I have a big blister from sweeping the drive and patio, that's how bored I am. Putting the yard brush back in the garage I see the new garden vacuum I bought last year.            :angry:

You could have sent it to me Brew. We've just spent all day cleaning, sweeping and washing outdoors in the sweltering heat. 

• Like 1

Had an email today saying I had won 1,000,000 dollars. How nice I was a dollar millionaire for a few seconds until I deleted the email unopened.