• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

So sorry to hear about your dad Deepene Boy

but you have all your good memories about him, and no one can take them away from you,

Look after yourself 

ps see if you can hear or find a song by the "Kilkennys"  "My Old Man"  it will say all you the things you wish remember about your time with him.

Deepdene, So sorry to read about your dad's passing.  You will miss him, I know,  but  it's good that you have such positive memories of him.   These memories will be with you forever.  Thinking of you .... x

It is never easy to say au revoir to a much loved father but you have had the benefit of a good relationship with yours, DB. If we have been blessed with good parents, we tend to think that everyone has the same relationship with their mum and dad that we have with ours. Sadly, that isn't the case.  I have often been shocked and appalled at the comments of colleagues relating to their parents but it made me realise how fortunate I am not to have suffered the same kind of antipathy.

The Buddhists believe that we choose our parents. If that is true, then you chose well DB. 

Our parents never really leave us. They are part of our personalities and habits. I've lost count of the times I've said something and then realised I sounded just like my mother...or my father!

It will get easier. Draw on your memories and concentrate on all the happiness your father has left behind.

• Like 1

Sorry about your loss Deepdene...........there are so many things we should have asked our Parents......that keep cropping up years after they have passed away......still now nearly 20 years on....i think ooh yes i'll ask me Dad.............then a long ''Dawning''

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss DD.

21 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

..........there are so many things we should have asked our Parents......that keep cropping up years after they have passed away......still now nearly 20 years on....

I still find myself thinking like that from time to time.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:59 AM, siddha said:

I like the idea of netting the lot but I live right in the countryside where they run free the biggest threat is not cars on the quiet road but Mr. Fox  and these days anyone who feels hungry and cannot get food in supermarkets.

If I get time I will post a picture.

DSC04573.jpg

• Like 2

Highlight of the day getting an Asda order and an Iceland order after much trying. Bit like buses none at all and then two arrive together. A big thank you to retail staff and delivery drivers who make this possible may you all stay safe and well.  Heroes all!

Must admit it was exciting getting the deliveries brightened up another day stuck in!

• Like 2

Not long back from Wilford Hill.

Wife’s aunt died a few weeks ago and was buried today. She was 97 and Served in the RAF during WW2 after being put in a gulag by the Soviets.

She had meticulously planned her funeral, which should have taken place at the Polish Church on Sherwood Rise with an honour guard of Polish scouts and attended by the Polish Consul.

Instead, there was no funeral, no mass, no wake, and only four close relatives and the priest to see her being put in her grave. All because of this bloody virus.

Been a worrying sort of day today. My mum is in residential care in the village. We have covid19 cases in the village ( 5 ) and 7 now 8 cases in the home. We've been unable to get in touch with the director until yesrday. My husband spoke to the director who said ' she didn't know how my mother was , ask the head nurse ' Being the director she should know everything , so we think she's been trying to tone it down. He spoke to the head nurse and she confirmed that mum was fine. Today we've heard all sorts of stories. Someone who works in the home has set up a WhatsApp App for everyone that's got a relative in care. In the meantime my daughter heard from someone who worked there but lived in the near village ( not ours ) who was rushed to hospital with cv and through her we've been able to find out exactly how mum is. Thankfully she is well. They have separated victims from the other guests so hope this virus doesn't run riot. Piemonte now has a higher level of cases, probably due to some who think they won't get it. 

@Rob.L  that's really sad for your wife.  Please give her my condolences.   Perhaps there can be a celebration of her life when all this is over?

@nonnaB  as you say, you've had a worrying day.  I hope everyone in the home will now stay safe and well.   Take care of yourself, too.    Thinking of you xx

Thanks Margie et al. There certainly will be something organised to celebrate her achievements, including getting the Polish equivalent of the MBE only last year. It will no doubt include plenty of vodka!

There may also be something taking place at the Bomber Command Memorial Centre as she was quite heavily involved with that too. Her first husband was a Lancaster navigator in 300 Squadron, and her second husband had a wide ranging career in aviation. He started on Lancasters, was one of the pilots used for The Dambusters film, then flying search and rescue helicopters in Malaya during the conflict there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nonna, I know how relieved you must feel. It is a very worrying time for all.

I continue to be amazed that, even being so close to Italy, there are no reported cases in Grasse or the surrounding villages, including mine and only relativly few in Cannes - more in Nice, though, which is much more of a commercial city.

Best wishes to all in this very worrying time.

• Like 1