How's your day?

Yes it was a relief but still worried of what the next few weeks will bring. Good news for you though being away from it all. Perhaps the French in your parts are sensible enough to keep to the rules. It only takes one to dither. We thought we were safe here in our village until someone decided otherwise. 

This morning a resident in the care home has been taken to hospital. Don't know yet whether it's one that has been confirmed positive or a new case. Monday a team is coming from Turin to take tampons from residents and staff. That way we are sure everything is being done correctly.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Today has brought a big change in the weather. Swapped my straw gardening hat for the woolie beany hat and worked in the greenhouse - even cold in there.

Thinking about taking my car off the road - register as SORN and get some tax and insurance rebate. Only use it for fishing and trips to the tip and builders yard. 

Back to winter here in southern Missouri too. second hard frost this week, not normal weather for mid April. My Hardy Kiwi vines are all burnt off.

We're sitting sunbathing...sort of. But it's going to change within a few days. Bye bye sun.

As though you don't have enough to contend with LL. A bit like kicking you when your down. Take care and stay safe. Beekay.

Previous 4 days fed up of pressure washing,  today to cold for me so fed up of watching westerns on youtube, roll on warmer weather. then I can spend my day applying sealant to drives and patio, what an exciting life I lead.

Well done Trogg, keep up the good work. I've finally started me next project, after the bathtub and water can. After two coats of rust inhibitor and two coats of primer/undercoat, I've begun decorating me milk churn. It's a big bugger! and takes some heaving around on me little trestle table. Do you think I shoulda emptied it first ? Will post as I progress. Hoping to paint a picture of Wollaton hall on the front. Here goes.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Will do Trogg, Ian. Have done the band at the bottom, now I've started the picture. Actually, I have a quite attractive Hernia. It's the talk of A & E.

Also got a presentable Hiatus Hernia, but that's another story.  thumbsup

For the next meet up,   we'll have to book twice as many tables  and shout loudly to each other as social distancing will still be in place for a long time .... until they've developed a vaccine. And NO HUGS!  

1 hour ago, trogg said:

At the next meetup, hope it soon, the wife will let me attend she said I am safe with you lot, we will have to swop stories on medical conditions and medications, lol

I see your shoulder and raise you an epigastric hernia...   ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

For the next meet up,   we'll have to book twice as many tables  and shout loudly to each other as social distancing will still be in place for a long time

Perhaps you can continue the semaphore lessons you started in Sam Hall Margie...    :jumping:

• Like 1

So have I. I've never done them before, then laughed at those walking through the streets apparently talking to a phone. I must say though it has been nice to "see " familiar faces. I even got to video call my cousin in Leicester that I hadn't seen for probably 20 years. We are now constantly in touch. Had a lovely long chat also with Lizzie. Other calls have been to friends in Nottingham and  relatives in Sicily. I can see I'm getting hooked on itsmile2

I've got Skype on me pc and tablets but the only contact I know is 'the sound test'. So, effectively, talking to meself, or at least listening.

Anybody else on Skype? Another point, how do you connect?

Just sitting reading messages when my daughter , who is sitting outside, called me to come and look. On passing the window looking outside I saw what I thought was a blackbird. As I got outside it flew away, but it wasn't a blackbird it was a swift. They had grouped and were flying everywhere, swooping down to almost touching us. It's the first time this year that we've seen them. In the summer they congregate on the telephone wires under the eves of the house and the noise they make is unbelievable. They also swoop at us when we are in the pool, they are thirsty and take every opportunity to grab a sip in flight. Actually we don't see many other birds considering we live in the country. Maybe they've been scared by all the tractors around during the year ( none at all now) The 

pigeons have all gone there are only odd blackbirds and sparrows around. Shame as I love to see them and feed them as I did in Nottingham.

• Like 2

Bl**dy Blackbirds, they spend most of their time in my garden throwing the pine park mulch around. It is amazing how far the little bu**ers can throw pieces of bark. It is a full time job putting it back on the garden.

• Like 1

Just like that pesky, misnamed species, homo sapiens, Oz.  It's amazing how far they can throw their unwanted litter because the idle s*ds can't be bothered to take it home or find a bin!  Far too many of em!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1