How's your day?

Soon be up and about again, hubby says he will have a large jamesons for you on NYE.  Will shop anywhere, hubby says anywhere that sells tat, like charity shops,  buy baby clothes and use material for my dolls clothes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Still got several of the neighbours cats appearing at the kitchen door. As long as they get treats, I'm happy.

• Like 2
On 29/12/2017 at 7:26 AM, Chulla said:

Steady, Ben, steady. You know carni has a dickey ticker. The sight of you in your long johns will have her needing a defib' .

Ben. Have they got the flap at the back?

Been trained on use of a 'defib' chulla.........so carnie would be ok......i'd be first there..........flap at the back indeed ain't even got one at the front.........and never get in a 'flap'..........well perhaps the odd time years ago.......lol.............

Whatever can it be, bump de di bump,.........when ever a certain Carnie is standing close to me.........it goes bump de di bump.................what ever can it be............lol nice one carnie...................

• Like 1

You musculing in Loppy ?.............nice one.........lol.............never could spell musucling..............

• Like 1

I think it's 'muscling,'. :).  I'm happy today.  I'm out of the doghouse.  I bought Mrs. L a Pearl necklace.  Not real pearls I hasten to add.  I'm too cheap to do that.  Raked and blew the leaves and got me mulching mower out.  Yard looks nice 'til the next big wind.  It's NY.  Nothing to moan about.  :)

• Like 1

Thought we would take a drive to Bridgnorth at around 2.30pm this afto, just in case the Ice cream Parlour was open. It was, so we had an old fashioned cornet each and sat huddled up by the river, watching the swans, Ducks and Geese. We weren't code to start with but the Ice cream soon chilled the blood. The weather was so mild  though it certainly bought the people out, I think we all feel the need for a bit of normality after Christmas.

So nice to get out in the fresh air after all the over indulgence over the last few days. The scene by the river was so pretty  with the trees decorated and lights strung across the bridge, I would love to have stayed to see how magical it would look after dusk, but the road from Bridgnorth to W-ton is quite treacherous, and even more so in the dark. 

Just relaxing now, catching up with you Nottstagians, seeing what you have all been up to. Hoping Santa was good to you and bought you all some nice prezzies.:)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

So I guess now we've got a trio.  What should we call ourselves. Hardly the Everly brothers, and definitely not the Beverly sisters.  :Shock:. Although in these days of gender neutrality it probably wouldn't matter.  Lol.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

So I guess now we've got a trio.  What should we call ourselves. Hardly the Everly brothers, and definitely not the Beverly sisters.  :Shock:. Although in these days of gender neutrality it probably wouldn't matter.  Lol.

Lets have less of the gender thing loppy !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

.  I bought Mrs. L a Pearl necklace.  Not real pearls I hasten to add.  I'm too cheap to do that.

LL,  I'm sure Mrs Loppy will love her Pearls, real or not, doesn't matter, she will love them, because you thought of them for her. :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, carni said:

Thought we would take a drive to Bridgnorth

CliffTon, Sorry I put my post, beginning with my quoted words above in the wrong thread. Thank you for moving them to the correct place. I think I had a 'Senior Moment' :)

13 hours ago, loppylugs said:

I bought Mrs. L a Pearl necklace.  :)

Here's a nice piece of music to go with the missus' pearls. Beats your Bach - he never wrote a toe-tapper.

48 minutes ago, Chulla said:

Beats your Bach - he never wrote a toe-tapper.

Wash your mouth out, Chulla. Most of Bach's music was based on the dance forms of his day, e.g. the Sanctus from the B Minor Mass is actually a Gigue! He was heavily criticised in his lifetime  for using such secular constructions within sacred music. Many is the time I have danced round the house to Bach. There is an energy in his music rarely found in that of other composers.

I intend to have the Osanna from the same work played at my funeral. I shall be dancing...on the coffin! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

at my funeral. I shall be dancing...on the coffin! :rolleyes:

No doubt to Tchaikovsky's Danse Macabre. Let me know when that happens, Jill. That I have got to see!

14 hours ago, carni said:

CliffTon, Sorry I put my post, beginning with my quoted words above in the wrong thread. Thank you for moving them to the correct place. I think I had a 'Senior Moment' :)

How did you know it was me who did it ? :rolleyes:

Doing a bit of laundry today, it always sticks in my mind what my mother-in-law used to say. Wash clothes on New Year's Day and you wash someone out of the family. Not normally a superstitious person, but I've never risked it! 

• Upvote 1