• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Meanwhile, my older daughter has been recording my Granddaughter's daily choice of 'Lockdown Fashion'.  She's obviously destined for model stardom as she has the 'attitude'. Here are a few of her less extreme choices...  :biggrin:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BnxiMYFaWpETKVbv6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s6doasL1sNjPi2sDA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UA646QLfafVwP52W9

iFAMar3EttjvqNEm6

DJ. Non of the photos show. I don't think you are using a hosting app. The flower and puppy showed up on screen and quickly disappeared. I think you are sharing them instead of using an app such as postimage. That's the one I use and is simple to use although sometimes I can muck them up. 

Nice pics  Col., she looks a proper little poser. In the first shot, was she pretending to be a live match?

(With the red bonnet on).

• Like 1

She's really funny BK, she has a wicked sense of humour and doesn't mind sending herself up.

Nonna.. I use Flickr for image hosting.  However, for these, I have either saved the F'book image to my phone and uploaded directly to Google Photos, or I have taken the photo with my phone and uploaded to Google Photos.  From there I have used the 'share' function and 'create link'.  Then copied the links and posted here.

I can still see them all.  So can BK.

Will try again DJ. Actually I saw something about google photos but had closed page before it registered.

This time they came up all but the 3rd one. They were very slow to come into focus. The 3rd one flashed blurred and disappeared. Lovely to see them though. She is a poser with bags  of confidence. 

• Like 1

All good here Col, where did she get the turned in toes stance from? It will be hand on hip and crossed legs ala Beckham style next bless her.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is Dawn Chorus Day.

Always worth getting out early doors and having a listen...……………..

4 hours ago, Brew said:

All good here Col, where did she get the turned in toes stance from? It will be hand on hip and crossed legs ala Beckham style next bless her.

She inherited it from her grandad' Brew.

• Like 1

Birdsong... It's now 8.40pm and that bloody blackbird and his pal are giving it large and loud. Lovely sound though. Had to turn me telly up a bit.

What time do they normally go to bed?

Some people have all the luck. LL., Funny that though, I  allus  thought it were a made up name. Never realised it was a real bird. Just shows what I know. Stay safe cocker.  englandflag

1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

Wait 'til you get one of the Whipoorwills we've got here.  Those so and so's can go half the night!  :rolleyes:

I remember when I could do that....  :laugh:

• Like 2

In other news...  My brother in Nottm ordered three grafted Tomato Plants for me from Dobies.  They arrived today.  One with main stem broken off about 2" above soil.  One out of its pot with about 80% of sideshoots broken.  Third with lead shoot broken and a couple of leaves missing.  Overall about 80% of stems and shoots had to be thrown away. Worst example of packaging I've ever seen.

On a brighter note I was asked to be a 'surprise guest' in a play performed by various neighbours as part of our weekly socially distanced street party. I sat watching and listening until a few lines before my cue, whereupon I ducked into the garage and donned my black fleece with police badge and handcuffs hanging from a pocket.. put on my police hat and imitation 'Ray Bans', picked up my plastic truncheon and emerged just on cue.  I only had four lines and I knew them by heart until I started to speak...

Got the first two lines out then had to look at my crib sheet for the last two.. but hey..  all the others read everything from their A4 scripts.

I'm not expecting a call from the RSC any time soon...

4 hours ago, siddha said:

Tomorrow is Dawn Chorus Day.

Always worth getting out early doors and having a listen...……………..

Happy to... so long as dawn doesn't happen much before 11am

• Like 2

I'm not even going to ask what you are doing with handcuffs and a plastic truncheon.   :blush:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Wait 'til you get one of the Whipoorwills we've got here.  Those so and so's can go half the night!  :rolleyes:

bit like Corncrakes on the Broads. Like Marmite, you love it or hate it.

just in for another of Lidls' finest Columbian beans. Just my front drive is a stand of the old ancient hedgerow kept by the developer as a ransom strip (made an offer on it three days before lockdown). I'm no "twitcher", but amazed at how happy they seem to be to be alive. Afew of them get in the way of my spade when I'm in the border. They run from the tiniest sparrows, through thrush, blackbird and robin, up to some bad tempered magpies and crows.

lovely. Made up for falling off the bike yesterday in Asda car park. Went to meet my daughter and put the heavy stuff in the pannier.

covered in cuts and bruises, which, these days, take forever to heal up.

still, back on again in a bit.

have a nice day whatever you're doing and wherever you're doing it.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Wait 'til you get one of the Whipoorwills we've got here.

Just for Loppy

Frank Sinatra and My Blue Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Ik6jNR5YA

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Brew said:

I'm not even going to ask

They were provided by the 'producer' of the play. Hat, badge, handcuffs (complete with keys) Ray Bans and Truncheon. 

.. He's not getting them back though.... :laugh:

• Like 1

Just took delivery of 9 bags of compost and some Miracle Gro.  Let the planting commence!!!

After being stuck in now for 51 days, this is our councils contribution to battling CV19...IMG-20200504-124159.jpg