How's your day?

Nice to have a pleasant surprise for a change.

I put some petrol in the car for the first time since longer than I can remember. £1.03 litre.

Pity there's nowhere to go with it at the moment.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

£1.047 at Waitrose Newark - but a much better class of customer! Their diesel was £1.097 when I filled my wife's car a couple of days ago. Harrison's at Lowdham nearby have totally shut down as had M&S at Southwell this morning. 

The chicken coop is almost finished. It has been built for my Gt granddaughter next door and turned out to be a bit of a folly. Painted the second coat of Hammerite today. Red roof, green frames and blue panels. Marked out the wavy edged barge boards today and will cut, fit and paint tomorrow.

This aint no normal coop - Beekay would love it. Pics will be up next week.

Cheers for the mention PP. Beekay will enjoy seeing it ! Hurry up and get the nails in. Bugger the chickens, I'm  looking forward to B+B in it.smile2

• Like 1

Yesterday watching the general news, it featured a sort film of a Banksey picture being unveiled for a hospital. The giornalist appeared to be Anne Davis but the view of her was so quick. The picture is quite poignant as it's a small boy discarding his toys and opting to have a nurses doll instead.

I don't know any of itv's journalists but Anne Davies used to come into our restaurant in R.O.T. So it was strange to see her on the news here but don't think it was a Nottingham hospital.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

I don't know any of itv's journalists but Anne Davies used to come into our restaurant in R.O.T. So it was strange to see her on the news here but don't think it was a Nottingham hospital.

In the 80s and early 90s, Anne used to be on Central News (ITV) but is now on BBC Local News - and has been for several years. She still lives locally.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

The picture is quite poignant as it's a small boy discarding his toys and opting to have a nurses doll instead.

His discarded toys where “Superheroes” Spider-Man & Batman & replaced with a new action hero an NHS nurse wearing a face mask & cape & the only colour in the picture a Red Cross.

Banksy @ his best.

1291714.jpg

On 5/7/2020 at 6:27 PM, philmayfield said:

£1.047 at Waitrose Newark - but a much better class of customer! Their diesel was £1.097 when I filled my wife's car a couple of days ago. Harrison's at Lowdham nearby have totally shut down as had M&S at Southwell this morning. 

Southwell M & S are still open Phil. Wife was most upset when I told her it was closed but it was open this evening.

I was surprised they were shut. Will try again next week. There were a few people collecting fresh cooked pizzas and pies from the Waggon and Horses when we drove past. Might try their fish and chips next week. Are the Moon doing takeaways?

After being a bit 'below par' on Friday.. I spent Saturday planting up and potting on... 

Yet more Aquilegia and Echinacea seedlings were potted on.

I took 'basal' cuttings of both Red and Yellow lupins a few weeks back.  The Yellow ones have failed but all red ones have rooted really strongly and now been potted up singly. I'll see if I can get more Yellow ones.

Assorted Fuschia and other cuttings were potted up as single young plants.

My first sowing of Green Beans had not emerged after 15 days so I checked them out.  All had 'rotted off'. :(

So.... I planted four more of them in different compost and less deeply.  I also added four each of two other varieties of old seed.  They have two chances.

Also planted out the last few of the very old Carrot seeds I had. . and also some more Sunflowers.. to repace direct planted ones which had also not appeared.

Forecast is for cold tomorrow.. so I'll probably be playing about with the hi-fi.  Or even finally tackling some D.I.Y....

• Like 1

The moon are doing takeaways. Order on phone and they bring it to the pub door to hand over at safe distance. We’ve not had one at all as Jane is doing a lot of cooking to keep herself sane. We did have afternoon tea from them on VE Day as did all our neighbours. It was excellent. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

The moon are doing takeaways

Letsavagoo, Is that the Full Moon at Morton?

If so it was one of my favourite pubs when we went a ride down by the river. If memory serves me right it was a "Free House"?

The Moon was my local for many years preceded by the Bromley then the Crown at Rolleston and then either the Coach at Thurgarton or the Waggon, which is in walking distance. I think the Moon was tied to Warwick and Richardsons in the 60's when Harry Grange was the landlord and then I think it was Mansfield Brewery. I think Mick Sissons followed Harry Grange as landlord. It's a free house now. Because of drink driving I only use the Waggon now. Currently, if you take a large container the landlord will fill it with ale for you although he's run out at the moment! It's owned by the family members of the Blue Monkey Brewery which operates from a 'shed' behind Ikea at Giltbrook. Not my ideal setup for a craft brewery but they have won numerous prizes.

Col..... re seeding.  I feel your pain.  I have a row of green beans that have not broken through after three weeks.  Also a row of carrot seeds that never made an appearance.

The garden is not what it used to be. Seems like it used to be abundant.  We had stuff to freeze for the winter.  Not anymore.  Even the weeds seem puny.

I've done all the required stuff, fertilizing etc.  Maybe it's just gerrin' owd, like me.  :(

• Like 1

Chin up loppylugs your seeds are just having a rest and staying indoors.

• Like 1

Had a thought whilst I was having a box set watching marathon this afternoon.  At one time (which seems so long ago) I would have been a couch potato now I am saving the world!!!

• Like 1

Beekay

EE        you are awe'ful