How's your day?

You want to play snooker on the green Mary1947, with full size cues that will keep you almost 2 metres apart!:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Busy day again with grandchildren.we've made 4 plates of sushi for supper tonight.

NO

We went for an hour's walk in the village this afternoon in the beautiful sunshine.  We walked through the 4 graveyards - one in the Parish churchyard, one over the road from there in a very old and overgrown graveyard, one old Dissenters cemetary where the gravestones have been moved to the edges of the field and the current cemetary.   I particularly love the overgrown one at this time of year - it has cow parsley, borage, a variety of tall grasses and bluebells everywhere and has a circular path lined with beech trees to walk round.  It has several wooden benches to sit and rest and an old tractor seat in one corner which looks over the wall so you can see for miles over the countryside.  

I thought of all the people who had lived and died in the village over the centuries and felt so grateful that we are still alive and able to enjoy our still beautiful world....

• Like 7

The first 'milk man' delivery arrived this morning in proper glass bottles :biggrin: We were lucky to be added to his round, him being in much demand.

Talking about bottle deliveries and collections, Thursday is our fortnightly blue bin collection day - a very embarrassing day is Thursday :rolleyes: We hear the bin lorry start at the top of the road and the sound of the 'emptying's' gets louder as the van gets closer. The 'emptying's' have taken on a distinctly different tone since lock down. The rumble and thud has changed to a tinkle and crash and reaches a magnificent crescendo at the end of our drive when a fortnight's beer and wine bottles are cascaded on to even more bottles. 

So many things have changed that we didn't expect. 

Taking stock of my bikes and parts today while the demand for bikes is high. Sold 5 and some racing wheels about 4 years ago and got peanut prices. People wanted new kit, especially the racing stuff. Think I have a couple of old frames and bits to make two lightweight knockabout bikes. I'll keep four bikes, three of which I will ride again when the mood takes me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

The rumble and thud has changed to a tinkle and crash and reaches a magnificent crescendo at the end of our drive when a fortnight's beer and wine bottles are cascaded on to even more bottles. So many things have changed that we didn't expect. 

I've drunk less since everything changed. Most of my drinking was done in external social meetings of various kinds, rather than at home.

I've never been close to being an alcoholic, but I'm even further away now.

Happy Birthday Granddad...................120 today...............World War one Veteran,,..........funny thing is Daughter just come across one of his Phot'os..........and sent it to me....just as i was thinking of him.....

Diet today, last few weeks have been difficult not to eat through boredom.  Anyone else put weight on.?

42 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Diet today, last few weeks have been difficult not to eat through boredom.  Anyone else put weight on.?

I'm not usually a big eater, but even in normal times I'd eat more if I was bored or not doing anything.

As I've been more bored and not doing so much recently, I've definitely eaten more....just for summat to do.

• Like 1

Not putting any weight on yet i am still working and busy digging holes in the garden planting trees and shrubs guess what a few daffodils are coming through now always late compared to England they will be in flower the first week of June i planted some crocuses i get the leaves each year but no flowers its just too cold here i am surprised anything survives.Take care oer there be safe.

• Like 2

Not doing too bad on the weight score. No gain, probably due to our 12mile cycle every morning, thanks to the mild weather we haven't missed a day lately. I do have a problem with biscuits though, I have  just downed 7 custard creams. I didn't mean too, I forgot to count.:biggrin:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, carni said:

I have  just downed 7 custard creams. I didn't mean too, I forgot to count.:biggrin:

If you forgot to count, how do you know you had 7 ?   

I'll post that photo again of you eating a massive cream cake.

• Like 1

I've put on 2 kg even though I've been out walking most days... big chocolate bars keep arriving in the Sainsbury deliveries... my finger must keep twitching when I tap the 'add' button!

• Like 1

2kg Margi what's  that in English, I don't weigh myself and I walk twice a day 45 mins

in the morning and anything up to 2 hrs in the afternoon.

The rest of the time I will be gardening and the normal housework but I know I'm putting

weight on I put it down to being on my own 24/7 and not having my normal routine.

To much time to think and eat.:rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Today started with everybody in our little close being out in the street at 11:30a.m. One of us was turning 70 so we secretly arranged to sing Happy Birthday to him  (socially distanced obviously) since he clearly couldn't have a 'proper' party.  His wife insisted to him that he needed to come outside to look at what the bin men had done to the bin.  (They'd done nothing. but got blamed anyway..) He was suitably surprised and delighted.

5 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

As I've been more bored and not doing so much recently, I've definitely eaten more....just for summat to do.

I'm surprised that I seem to be eating more and walking less.. yet my weight has stayed well below 14 St.  Just after lock down I went right down to almost 13 St.. but then I was very anxious about the whole thing.  You can't stay that anxious forever.  These days I'm more angry than anxious.

Thing is I am absolutely not bored.  I've got loads to do in the garden and the house.  I still have around a hundred new unplayed LPs and a lot of unread books. The garage is a mess.  I have half the house to re-decorate.

I've spent today pottering.. planting up a few seeds.. potting plants on, generally buggering about.. but when I thought about it I was effectively on my feet for about 8 hours. I'm trying to organise bean plants and sunflowers for my Grandkids to grow on and enjoy through the Summer.

Lots to do...

La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

We're busy doin' nothin'
Workin' the whole day through
Tryin' to find lots of things not to do
We're busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
We'd like to be unhappy, but
We never do have the time