How's your day?

I keep my fellow men at a distance by editing them out of my head, unless I like them and wish to allow them in.

I've worked with a good many people whose personalities and behaviour were at odds with mine. I just edit them out. They are there, physically, but mentally they aren't.  It works for me.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Brew said:

But you have in the past boasted of the designer label clobber you lie to wear...;)

Have I "can't remember"      :( :rolleyes: sorry Brew misread quote again   not sure if missreadhas 2 s or 1 

• Like 1

8  00 TIME TO SAY THANKS TO NHS STAFF

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I'm not one for fancy clothes. A trip to Downtown or Edinburgh Woollen Mill once a year or less satisfies me. 

I haven't bought anything for several months. Waiting for Primark to reopen.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We were out clapping at 8pm and then we all sang Happy Birthday to an eccentric bachelor neighbour who is 80 today.  He had no idea that word had got around that it was his birthday.  We all gave him little presents and cards and one neighbour made a luscious birthday cake made with fresh raspberries and with an exploding candle on top!  The cake maker disappeared for a couple of minutes then brought out the cake all cut up.  It was a lovely sociable half-hour, standing in the middle of the road eating cake and chatting to those near neighbours who we’ve only seen from a distance for 2 months.   

• Like 7

My day is getting better, would like to get my grandson a moped 50cc for his 16th Birthday, find out that he has to take a training couse before he can put L plates on. Phoned a trainiing instrutor to find out cost, the lady was very informative, and explained that  before training he has to have a provisional licence. She told me to go on to the DVLA web site, to apply on line, so easy/pesy so  I went to see cost ect. Guess what they are not taking any more details for provisional  licence while the Virus is here.  SO Watch This Space.

Sounds like " Catch 22" Mary1947.  Thing is, most kids his age can most likely already know how to ride motorcycles....Bloody nuisance, this Covid19.

• Like 1

Today for the first time since March 10 th I went out!!! Nothing very exciting though, only been"out" down the road but today I went "out, out" and I really enjoyed it. It was only to buy a few plants but driving through the countryside and passing vineyards was a real site for sore eyes. So much has changed in the last few months so I appreciated the drive. Grapes are starting to form on the vines all the trees are in blossom and everything is sooo green. The only thing that spoiled it was having to wear a mask in temperature of almost 30 c. 

My son and husband are going back to work tonight for the first time and they've been lucky as they've had quite a few bookings. He's got his tables sorted according to the rules and has also tables outside as the weather is good.

Hope it all goes well for them as they really haven't worked to full capacity since Christmas, mainly because the local council decided that as the restaurant is in the old part of the village ( high up) that the road had to be redone in keeping with a lot of the other roads . The road was dug up,and cordoned off so no thoroughfare. Corona virus arrived so no work was ever done obviously. But they had blocked the road completely so,no one coming from the new part of the village could get into the old part unless they did a long detour. 

Ive rambled on a bit but I feel free today. :laughing:

• Like 3

Nonna, Pleased you've had an 'exciting' day - well, more exciting than your last few months!  It's good that your husband and son are getting back to business... hope it will go well for them.

i went for an hour and a half's ramble with a younger friend who is struggling mentally and emotionally more than usual with the current situation.  Because we are in a village and there are lots of different country walks to discover, we can easily stay 2m apart yet still talk as we walk.   The smaller side-roads are mostly free of traffic so people frequently walk on the roads  .... we actually have to as pavements are often non-existent!   It was warm but windy, making it quite hard-going when walking uphill.... the village is on one of the few hills in the fens so there are a few gradients!   Didn't visit any graveyards today!!!

A lovely day.  I have so much to be thankful for.

• Like 3

Margie your village sounds similar to ours . Lots of hills (between the Langhe and Monferrato) and flat roads and fields.The side roads are all vineyards. 

Earlier tonight it got very cold and  windy and started to rain. But it soon stopped and now it's very humid. Hope the evening goes well for the restaurant.

• Upvote 1

Not been a good day. One of my dear friends succumbed to terminal cancer. Sat with her at home til 5am this morning. She slipped away at 10am. One of the kindest, most selfless people I have ever met.

Terrible to watch that disease cause devastation.  Another crazy cat woman arrives in cat heaven!

Really sorry to hear about your friend Jill, so sad to lose someone close to you but what a wonderful caring friend you are to have sat with her all night.  

I heard today that someone we know sadly passed away yesterday in hospital, Covid wasn’t mentioned, we’ve heard he had complete organ failure but we wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t the virus.  Several others on here will have known him but I won’t mention his name out of respect for the family.  

Nonna, hopefully Alex and James will have had a successful opening night, bet it’s a relief for them to get back into the swing.  

The only excitement we’ve had today was a Cods Scallops fish and chips takeaway.  They’re well organised, book and pay online and the food is brought out at your allotted collection time.   

I wondered how many times during her career as a nurse she sat with patients through the night. Like, Margie, she did her training at Harlow Wood many years ago.  I'd never have made a nurse!

Jill, so sorry to hear about your friend's death today.  I hope it comforted both of you to be sitting alongside her during the night.  I remember your mentioning her being at Harlow Wood.   Thinking of you x

I'm also sorry to hear of your friend's passing Jill. 

Did very little Saturday.  Still avoiding the Sun.. which shone quite fiercely despite the very strong winds.  I had been half way through 'hardening off' a couple of Tomato and Bean plants, but decided that putting them out in these winds would be a bad idea, so they are back on the windowsill.  I really must get around to getting that 4x6 greenhouse I've been planning forever.  Things will apparently calm down a bit by Monday.

I'm currently putting together a Quiz for our usual weekly socially distanced street gathering.  It was due to happen Friday but the winds were too ferocious, so I'm doing it on Monday instead.  There was a time when I was the Quizmaster in two local pubs.. but I haven't done that for years and I'm finding it quite difficult to come up with questions.  The trick.. as far as I can tell.. is to have about a third of questions which anybody can answer, a third which most might answer, and a further third which are more difficult.  That way.. most can answer a good few and feel OK with it.. and it is the difficult ones which sort out the winners.

I may post the questions on here after Monday.

Sorry Jill to read about your friend ,

It is so sad when you lose a close friend Jill,

but you have woderful memories which will not fade.

Jill, no words can ever express the feelings of the passing of a dear friend. Condolences is the word used but to me it never seems enough. To pass a life time with a loved one be it friend or spouse is never easy when they leave you. You have my deepest sympathy. Your friend must have passed so many good times with you so those memories will never leave and will bring you pleasure to remember them in years to come.

• Like 1